DIY: MAF Sensor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
jus in case some1 afraid of cleaning it, i have a spare. used. selling half price. sorry to hijack

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Grey: Thanks for your guidance and help on cleaning the MAF sensor...Really appreciated it! =) Cheers

I personally felt my car now is different once it been cleaned!...Is recommended for those who haven't do it yet...worth trying it..:) It real easy!..hehe...But bear in mind...clean in properly if not u gonna get a used one from rinagi...=)

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Btw guys..I just thought of what are the others DIY stuff that we could do by ourselves? hehe..if have we can save money and don't need to be so hassle send it to mechanics?...hahaha...

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Grey: Thanks for your guidance and help on cleaning the MAF sensor...Really appreciated it! =) Cheers

I personally felt my car now is different once it been cleaned!...Is recommended for those who haven't do it yet...worth trying it..:) It real easy!..hehe...But bear in mind...clean in properly if not u gonna get a used one from rinagi...=)
How is it mounted? Clip? Bolted on?

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Basically what you need to do is just screw up 3 screws. Firstly the screw which attached to our air intake...then secondly you will get to see the sensor at the side...where you need to screw another 2 screws there...take it out and clean it with CRC contact cleaner...spray it till it shine and let it dry for approximately 5 minutes...then bolt it on back and your baby ready to boost..hehehe...The whole process should take you abt 10-15 minutes...

Grey: Sifu, am i right?..........

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Aiyah..me no sifu lah...shy lah. I learn from the sifus from the internet..hehehe. Just wanna help out a bro in need only...we must all share knowledge amongst ourselves...help to save $$$ and time also...hehehe

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
hahaha...humble guy...but anyway i agreed with you...share knowledge..hehe..we share we care...haha....

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
OK...3 screws...not 3 bolts...thanks...

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Actually one bolt on the front scoop of the air intake and 2 philips head screws on the MAF sensor.

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Got it...thanks, bro...Damn, I rounded the lower screw...had to remove the whole Airbox just to get to the lower screw...why do these people tighten these itsy bitsy screws so tight!!! Here are the pics...sorry for the quality...hope that it helps...Just wondering, the tip my sensor is orange in color, does it mean the sensor's dead? Refer to pic...

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Orange is normal. As long as it is not cover in black oily dust. If you see a layer of oily dirt covering the sensor..spray the CRC on it and let it dry by itself. Important thing is not to rub the sensor with anything as this will damage it!! Repeat the cleaning with the CRC until you see the sensor is clean..then you can fix it back to your car.

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Thanks, bro...now all I need is a new screw...mmmm

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
You can actually buy the screw from the shops along Jalan Loke Yew...after the Shell Station on the same row as Wing Hing. These are shops that sells bolts and nuts but you will have to bring along your old screw as a sample.
Good luck.

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Thanks for the tip, bro...will go check it out.

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Got the screws...thanks...The place is called Bolts and Nuts Asia...anyways, I cleaned the whole airbox, MAF sensor and connectors...re-installed...whoa!!! just by starting up the car, I could hear the difference!!! Wow!!! Engine much livelier now!!!! Thanks, bros...anymore DIYs you sifus wanna share? I'm all pumped up to try another one!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu anyone have try motec meter. wat is d price will be? i saw it at proton turbo cars...supra, gtr n etc... like the below image. how much will it be???:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience