1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
ninja_iga said:
yes a custom chassis

140-150 is realistic at the wheels.

yes and no
no if standard
yes if it's a Motec!
Motec as in Motec piggyback controller issit?

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
MajPayne said:
Hey guys, sorry for butting in, but a very cool idea, I support the effort.
maybe the idea should be tabled into a ZTH project! i mean, there are many, many sifoos around zth, and many, many hands with experience and many more willing to help (to get experience) and im pretty sure there are companies (small ones, seeking to build a name) whos willing to join in on the project... This can a project highlighted in the media, if the cards are played right.

Theres everything to gain, here and only time and energy to waste, so i suggest you guys get yourself together and go for it guys... remember no guts no glory!!!!

Build that damned drag car! build a better one, show those fools at proton and the likes that car enthusiasts really have the passion!!!

Cheers! (my thoughts)
yes a very good idea but prioblem is with coordination. Very hard to arrange time for all of us from different parts of malaysia to work on the project. However, all the sifoos here are welcome to give their opinions to make this project a success! Every little bit counts!

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Joeker said:
Stanley,

When you say welding, I assume you used a MIG welder.

Is it yours? If so, are you still using it?

I'm looking for a MIG welder for my cars.
yup MIG welding.

not mine, it was my uncle's factory's equipment.

the WIM 210 is nice to use. Great for many levels of skill.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
So, who much do you think a project like this will cost?

Last edited:

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
u need to kno which place to weld and proper engineernig .
don't build a car which once u crashed , the welding spot break , and directly hit into your chest . or head .

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
bridgestoneRE711 said:
u need to kno which place to weld and proper engineernig .
don't build a car which once u crashed , the welding spot break , and directly hit into your chest . or head .
yup, I'm thinking of building a rollcage around the passenger compartment and maybe some plastic bodypart in front to cushion the impact.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
ninja_iga said:
costs? realistically-------- RM25000-30,000
I'm aiming around RM15k. I'm building a really simple car. No radio, no aircon, just drivable only.

MajPayne

Known Member
Jan 24, 2006
Selangor
dude i've seen some experiments gone awry, you got get the suspension done tough or else the whole thing might just go off on ya,...

MajPayne

Known Member
Jan 24, 2006
Selangor
I may not be fully aware of the implications of what im saying here, but here it goes anyway,...I think before all the hype on engines, power to weight, yada yada yada come to play,... you may need to consult sifoos whom are very well versed at putting the chasis and suspensions together, for me theres nothing more fundamental,

Cause face it if the engine cant push you can always get another one, but if the chasis gets twisted cause of the suspension set up while the car moves, then whoa! stand back, you might get an apollo 13 on your hands...and you have to start from scratch...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
ninja_iga said:
imoloq

like i said, realistically
THERE are some areas you cant skimp on cost.

and what radio aircon?!
yes, realistically it can be done with RM15K++ since I have all the tools and I only needed to buy the materials. I'm going to write up a budget list soon and I'll post it here when I'm done.

The car will not have any radio or aircon. That's what I meant.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Got this mail from a friend of mine just now. Anybody can verify this because I think this is totally absurd if it is true.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CZAHRIE%7E1.MYJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience