Digital Aircond Panel

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
sigh me just got prob with my digital panel, the right side (the temp up or down side) of light which lights up the wording does not lit up, the left side (the fan speed side) and the lcd is fully OK, how and wat can i do to fix this???? pls help thanks!!!

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
kennethfong said:
sigh me just got prob with my digital panel, the right side (the temp up or down side) of light which lights up the wording does not lit up, the left side (the fan speed side) and the lcd is fully OK, how and wat can i do to fix this???? pls help thanks!!!

bro ken, ure lucky if u can find any wireman that can fix the panel.. but honestly, i think u hav to get a new panel.. repairing one, maybe will cost u like a new panel.. Might as well get a nice new one.. cheers..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
actually... after my LCD panel kong... i decided to open up the panel and open the front casing... and guess what... it has a "led" in it to light the button... yesterday one of my fren digital panel had become so colorful! mixed color for the button light... a bit "ah beng" lah... but cun :shades_smile:

my advice is to find a shop that knows how to change the meter light... i think they might have the "led" for you to replace your old blown "led"... (or maybe you can change the color as well :_: ) maybe i might change mine... if only got rainbow colored "led"... gerenti meriah one in the car... hehehe...

FoarGeez said:
bro ken, ure lucky if u can find any wireman that can fix the panel.. but honestly, i think u hav to get a new panel.. repairing one, maybe will cost u like a new panel.. Might as well get a nice new one.. cheers..

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
hi guys,

actually yesterday my hands were a bit itchy, went to my car, using a philips screwdriver, take out the whole digital air cond module, then take it back to my room slowly research, i managed to disassemble the front part (the bezel), only four screws at the rear, then using a flat screwdriver to slowly remove the hook n pull it out, i saw two bulbs with blue coloured condoms, these condoms r similar to our wira cluster meter's condoms where they turn the yellow coloured bulbs to white light, took out the blown bulb and went to some electronics shop n finally got it, although it's not of exactly the same model/spec, or rather i should say size, it doesn't matter so long as it's a 12v, guys please do not go to normal accessories shop, even a shop as big as brothers doesn't have it, looks like this type of bulb is really hard to find..... then just now fixed it up already, n it looks great!! and everything is back to normal except i gotta buy another bulb tomorrow as the light on both sides r not well balanced, the new bulb is brighter but the old bulb isn't..... n remember guys, actually you do not need to remove the whole bezel, it's not required, once u take out the whole module see behind there u can c two holes one at each side of the socket slots, use a flat screw driver or a philips to turn counterclockwise, then voila you manage to take out the holder with the bulb, remove the blown bulb, replace the new one, n remember to follow exactly the way u take the bulb out, u gotta slot the two holes of the bulb connector thru two mini holes of the holder, then guide the bulb connectors thru the lines made ready at the holder, fold a few rounds at the edge if u wan, once done for both sides, voila, remember before u put it back, use watever u wan, i jus use a flat screwdriver to scratch the contact surface to the bulb holder, u''ll c two identical semi-spherical bronze surface, that's the contact point, otherwise it's a bit sensitive, my first attempt failed coz of the loosen contact or i would say intermittent connection, remember put it back the way u took it out.... mine's a gsr dashboard, so only two screws to take the whole central dash out, but for wira, there would b few more additional steps.....

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Bro Chino,

The standard lancer aircond blower's output vent is lower than the Wira dashboard's aircond ducting, is that what you mean?

That means, if we want to fix the lancer digital aircond blower unit, we can mount it up against the firewall area behind the glovebox, no problem, but the blower output can't get to the dashboard's aircond duct, and the ducting will require modifications to connect it to the blower's output.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
aiyuh... sorry for the late reply... been a bit buzy... totally forgot to check zth... anyway...

bro kenneth...
nice to hear that you managed to get it fixed! caya lah! and most importantly... thanks very much for sharing the info... as for myslf... i hope to get my broken digital panel replaced soon... and probably try to experiement myself to chance the light as well... plan to change to orange to match my radio color...

bro jswong...
yeah, basically that is the scenario... it can be fix easily (and nicely) into wira... except that the blower output vent seems to be lower than the central aircond duct... after seeing my friend's mitsu dashboard and compare it to my wira dash... got some difference in height... wira is slightly higher... nevertheless, i am very certain that the mitsu blower can still be used on standard wira dash... but need to find a place who can mod it nicely... and have it properly diverted to the central duct... but then again... it might be costly... i still wish that it could fit nicely...

as for the modification that i plan to do to use the air direction, so far i only have little success... a bit frustrating but i'm still trying... unfortunately i released my frustration by smashing the central front bazel and LCD display of my digital aircond... now i can't adjust the fan and temp... but then i feel very relieved!:banghead:

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Smashed the bezel??! Aiyoh... take it easy, bro..

I wonder if we could use those cheap aluminium aircond ductings to match the lancer blower to the Wira aircond duct assembly.. maybe a bit of hacksaw job to get some clearance, and then fit the aircond duct in place with rivets or epoxy or something.. those 3-inch collapsible aluminium aircond ducting are quite cheap and easy to bend by hand.. again, available at Ace Hardware..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
cannot tahan lah bro... already very frustrated to the max with the panel...

anyway... as for what you said... yeah... i saw it being done at one workshop in damansara utama... they cut the blower vent a bit to make way for the tube to route the air nicely to the central air duct... i'm not sure how the air output turns out... but i do think it would be better than just plug it in as it is... either way... i am still searching for this one workshop in kampung subang who did the mod on the original wira blower by adding the electrical features... how they did it? i also wonder how... hope to find that shop soon and see what actually they do... if the workmanship is good... and the price is reasonable... then i might think of doing it on my standard wira blower... at least i can still use my original blower, blower motor and cooling coil (which is still new)... and i don't need to get a chop blower which i am not certain whether it is still works or not...

p/s: if anyone know or heard about this shop before... do share the info kay...

Last edited:

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
hey 4gs... :_:

i still on the lookout for any cheap panel around... don't want to spend so much lah after what had happened... still got lots some mods need to be done on the car... budget also very tight...

how's ur panel doin? haha... bila mau pasang? if you need the thermo & relay, i got someone who want to sell it... can get below RM50 for both... or still waiting till car warranty void :shades_smile: cukup 1 year anniversary, change terus lah bro...

by the way, where are u studying bro? still looking forward for our :tee: session... want to know more about ur DIY spray project... sounds cool!

:dancing2:

Last edited:

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
wah... now this thread very quiet one... whatever it is... i finally got my panel replaced... thank god! (and i also managed to study the wiring to understand which wire goes to where to make it function... but then it is still not easy... better get an expert to do it... your your panel might blew up or got short circuit...)

also... i got something to share... remember the post by kennethfong? about changing the digital panel bulb? i got some photos here to share what he actually tried to explain... behind the digital panel, there is two socket (see the one circled in red)... use a philip screw driver to unscrew it... take it out... and you can see the bulb is attached to the bulb holder... the blue colored thing is the rubber that change the ordinary yellow color to white... you need to get the tangled led wire out from the holder for you to replace it... the best place to find the led is at jalan pasar or any electrical shop... remember not to open both led... you will definately need the other side as a reference when putting the replaced led back (since it is very confusing)... it is optional for you to put the blue rubber back... if your led is white... then leave it as it is... once completed... screw it back... and wahlah... you've just replaced your digital panel bulb...

Last edited:

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
chinonet,

completely right! i'm using suzuki bike's bulb, it's very durable and not easily blow, wat bulb u use? i'm trying to find a 12 v led but there seems to be none available....

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
hola kenneth! yeah... don't know where the others go already... but i hope what we shared here had been very useful to those planning to change to digital panel...

it was a coincidence that one of my friend is an electrician... so i showed to him the led (bulb) to him... he then took me to jln pasar in KL to his fav electrical shop... and we managed to find one with an exact size (it is the same led used in most of our electrical goods at home)... furthermore got many colors... now i got with me orange, blue, green and of course white (bought different colors just to test which color matches my radio)... as for myself... i didn't took the one with the high voltage, since i don't plan to use the blue cover that covers the original led... if the voltage is so high, than the panel will look too bright... i guess you had tried and it turns out very bright rite?

see lah how... i am currently out of the country... but when i get back... will try to locate back the shop and give the address to you...

kennethfong said:
chinonet,

completely right! i'm using suzuki bike's bulb, it's very durable and not easily blow, wat bulb u use? i'm trying to find a 12 v led but there seems to be none available....

Last edited:

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
yo bro chinonet,

yep ur right on the brightness part, one of my condomn broke (hope she doesn't get pregnant lol) and i'm forced to remove both condomns, now it's orange colour but very very bright, u lucky lerh can get LED replacement with same size somemore, is it a 12v?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BEWARE OF AUTOGLYM DETAILING CENTERS IN PENANG

Just had a simple wash and vacuum there, and after I left, I realised my car FLOOR MAT / DUST TRAP was missing!!!

I confronted the staff there, they pretend ignorance, ask to refer to boss.

WHEN i spoke to their BOSS, I tried to talk to him properly, not only did he refuse to replace the stolen item, BUT the a$$hole was bloody rude, cursing me and my family, and challenged me to make a complaint...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience