Digital Aircond Panel

general

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
Penang
www.protonmania.com
and also many many many thanks to tuan general for sharing the pix ... cantik jugak pasang dekat dashboard wira... can share tak some info about the aircond? you pasang panel saja kan (half set)? kalau pasang half set only, just wondering apa features yg running? it would be very useful for me, FoarGeez and the rest to know as well... oh ye... butang ON/OFF tu camne pulak modify? still tekan butang aircond dekat atas or dekat panel? of all question i totally forgot to look into this, more concern on the functions...
yup installed only the panel with all buttons are functional except blower & outside temp. so butang ON/OFF berfungsi..so not using button on dashboard. install kat ulu kelang for only RM80...cheers...

Last edited:

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
anyone know how to check whether d panel is working? which wire must connect to the power source.. i mean as long the display screen is function...

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
erm... let me check my cable later today... becoz the chop shop tested mine... and they only use 2 wire only (just to switch it on only)... what i remember is he combined both black wire... plus one more set of wire... will update once i check it... but then don't take my word 100% kay bro... i takut ur panel can short circuit or baBooM nanti... since the chop shop have the equipment to test it (the correct power regulator)...

and also to tn general... thanks for the info... at least we got some info from someone who had already fixed one... confirm now that the blower direction is not working, the outside temp is not working, and also outside air intake... something new to me is that now i can start my aircond from the panel... no need to press the button at my dashboard... now need to cari something to replace the aircond button at the dashboard with a blank one (if have lah, hehehe)...

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
okie thanx chino... must get them tested soon.. takut nanti tak bleh pakai.. juz worry, cuz i get them at a very fair price.. mane la tau kena tipu.. hope the chop shop still can remember my face.. so now d panel cume decorate bilik tido je la..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
to be honest with you bro, after seeing the wire behind the panel... i couldn't tell which wire is for which... very confusing... by the way... i had mine installed yesterday... thanx to turbosmart & friend... nicely done by them... you may pm him if you need any installation work...

UNFORTUNATELY... by the time i want the panel to be installed... the LCD panel gone kaput... :cry_smile: sedih one... i don't think it is due to the installation, since the guy who fix it has all the gadget to test it... and before fixing it, he tested it... if your LCD is fading or got lines crossing... mean soon can kaput lah... sad lor like this... until this morning cannot sleep thinking... what lah i had done to the panel after i bought it... but luckily all the buttons working... so still can function lah... so... only the air direction, outside air intake and the out temp is not working... else all can work... i also still use the aircond button at the meter to turn the aircond off completely... or i can use the off button on the aircond panel to put the aircond on stand-by...

one difference that you will notice after fixing the panel... with mitsu panel + standard wira blower... the outcome... the car is kow kow sejuk one! i set the temp at 31.5 also can menggigil... anything higher than 31.5 the aircond is set at warm (suam) mode... if you use the mitsu blower... you need to use the lancer dashboard... wira cannot fit... the blower is lower than the output vent... so you won't feel the full breeze of the aircond... (can modify but tak syiok...)

anyway... those are my experience researching... gathering infos... and my personal experience after fixing it... so far i am very happy with the outcome... nevertheless... i think i might need to replace the panel... very frustrating when you could hardly see anything on the LCD... damn... :angry_smile:

FoarGeez said:
okie thanx chino... must get them tested soon.. takut nanti tak bleh pakai.. juz worry, cuz i get them at a very fair price.. mane la tau kena tipu.. hope the chop shop still can remember my face.. so now d panel cume decorate bilik tido je la..

Last edited:

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
chinonet77 said:
to be honest with you bro, after seeing the wire behind the panel... i couldn't tell which wire is for which... very confusing... by the way... i had mine installed yesterday... thanx to turbosmart & friend... nicely done by them... you may pm him if you need any installation work...

UNFORTUNATELY... by the time i want the panel to be installed... the LCD panel gone kaput... :cry_smile: sedih one... i don't think it is due to the installation, since the guy who fix it has all the gadget to test it... and before fixing it, he tested it... if your LCD is fading or got lines crossing... mean soon can kaput lah... sad lor like this... until this morning cannot sleep thinking... what lah i had done to the panel after i bought it... but luckily all the buttons working... so still can function lah... so... only the air direction, outside air intake and the out temp is not working... else all can work... i also still use the aircond button at the meter to turn the aircond off completely... or i can use the off button on the aircond panel to put the aircond on stand-by...

one difference that you will notice after fixing the panel... with mitsu panel + standard wira blower... the outcome... the car is kow kow sejuk one! i set the temp at 31.5 also can menggigil... anything higher than 31.5 the aircond is set at warm (suam) mode... if you use the mitsu blower... you need to use the lancer dashboard... wira cannot fit... the blower is lower than the output vent... so you won't feel the full breeze of the aircond... (can modify but tak syiok...)

anyway... those are my experience researching... gathering infos... and my personal experience after fixing it... so far i am very happy with the outcome... nevertheless... i think i might need to replace the panel... very frustrating when you could hardly see anything on the LCD... damn... :angry_smile:

View attachment 79804

View attachment 79805
hi there..

Needs to know,I bought my mitsubishi halfcut with manual aircon system.anyone can tell me,is it got any spare wiring for digital aircon.Thinking to buy digital panel n plug n play.anyone have done it before.thanks

general

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
Penang
www.protonmania.com
ealt said:
hi there..

Needs to know,I bought my mitsubishi halfcut with manual aircon system.anyone can tell me,is it got any spare wiring for digital aircon.Thinking to buy digital panel n plug n play.anyone have done it before.thanks
i think u still need those 3 items mentioned on pg 1. these job diyed by my fren

before...

after...

Last edited:

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
general said:
i think u still need those 3 items mentioned on pg 1
yes i agree.those 3 parts i will buy it seperately but needs info from you guys,is it got any wiring for digital aircon?Anyone got an experience on it

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
hm... looking at the photos by general... it seems that the manual panel is similar to wira manual (cable) panel... i also do think that the 3 items and wiring is still needed to run the digital aircond... not as easy as plug and play... the diff between manual and digital panel is that the digital has several added features... thus you still need the additional items...

as for wiring... tak sure lah... takut the manual panel wiring is similar to wira... but i think the wireman know which wire to use...

anyway... here's a photo of my "kong" LCD digital panel... sakit hati tahap gaban alredi... as for the "disabled" features... i am in the process to modify it... will update if i successfully did it...

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
In my guess that, mitsubishi control harness should be a same neither with or without digital aircon.As I think that they(Mit guys) would not to made 2 variant of harness just because of manual and digital aircon for each model.May be their will made a extra connector which mean for digital aircon available if the model using the digital one.Other wise, not use the connector if the model using the manual one.As example, gsr got two variant of aircon panel one right.With digital and with manual.Get what i mean.If wrong plz tell me...thanks

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
well actually... i am not an expert on this as well... most of it are based on my observation and after asking many people about this...

what you say might be true as well... but i'm just affraid that mitsu might also offer 2 different type of aircond for their cars... my fren got an old mivec half cut with manual panel... what i notice is that his manual panel use cable... and his blower is not automated... as for the wiring... i'm not sure... i notice that the manual panel uses less wiring than the digital... that's why the full wiring set for digital panel is very messy (got extra wiring for the blower and the sensor / thermo)... there's one thread in zth where a guy with mitsu half cut change the whole set of his aircond just to use the digital... i also very confused...

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
Yes correct, i already know that may blower are using cable one so, i will change it with the motor one.What im curious right now is the harness itself. May be this sunday i will try to check it.But if someone already got an experience about it plz shared with me.Thanks

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
chinonet,

very kesian la dgr yr story kwn.. done so much alredy n outcome mcm ni.. well if u insist of getting one, then u can try my panel.. since im not using it.. if boleh pakai, then i tolak to u lah.. Condition ok.. minor scratches.. about 80% brand new. amacam.. how much u get yr panel? pm me if interested..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
aiseh bro... thanx a lot for the assistance... i really am very terharu since i receive a lot of PM of people who wanted to help me... but then, i don't plan to spend much lah for the panel actually... my mental and spirit really really down already... i would prefer to find one below RM100... since i originaly bought mine (all 3 items) for around RM150... RM100 for the panel... RM50 for the relay and thermo...

at first i was looking and asking around for a kaput unit with a working LCD... plan to use it as spare part to modify my LCD... right now i am negotiating with a seller to give me good price... he plan to sell all 3 items... if he give a good price... then i take the whole unit, the relay and thermo i will sell off since many people are looking for these 2 items... at least both myself and anyone who need the relay and thermo can save... if i'm not mistaken you are also looking for one rite bro?

anyway... i do like ur offer... since both of us also looking for answer to the mystery behind the digital panel... maybe we can have TT sometime this week or something to discuss further... (by the way, where are you from? i'm from pj) it would nice for me to personally share my experience installing the half set digital panel... and you are free to get the feel yourself for you to decide which is the best option for you... if got other people who would like to know my experience also can come and join... (i'm not a pro myself in digital aircond, mostly trial and error... but i am happy to share whatever that i know... feel sedih since tak ramai yg share info about their experience installing the digital panel in zth...)

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
yah bro... very hard to find peeps dat really like to share bout this cuz to them its juz a small matter and wouldn like to waste their time talking bout its.....

well i'll replied.. u UGPM...