• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

oneGSR

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Ampang
www.zerotohundred.com
Digital Aircond Panel

Who knows how to install it at Wira?
Need wiring guide, there are to many wire behind aircond panel. How to match it with Digital aircond panel from Mitsubishi. Nevermind, if basic funtion only work. Coz, wanna look cun. hehe.

Sampel:

Pics from eakamal

Last edited:

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
In order to use the digital panel you must have a complete set. The main thing is to find the positive and negative wire first.

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
can... if you are creative enough... ;) Malaysia Boleh!!! :D but u need all the air cond complete set if u want to use all the functions. my advice don't do la, u have to sacrifice ur iswara dashboard!

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
hi all... just wondering... could someone tell me what are the full component needed to run a digital aircond (full set) and maybe their function... planning to change, but takut kena con...

ie.: digital panel, termostat, relay, sensor, etc?

thanks for sharing the info and help...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i think there;s some sensor / motor rite?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
dun forget the blower, cooling coil and lots of messy wiring

bring to an air-cond shop and be prepared to pay RM 150 at least to install it
honestly, may look nice, but too common and it will just be not nice

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
for the additional component needed to run the digital aircond... just wondering... if i just have the blower, blower motor and the set of wiring... can it still work??? still having a hard time figuring out what i need to have a nice working digital aircond while saving some of the aircond set from my original wira...

from my earlier posting at: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=42166

hm... yeah... need to find the right blower for the digital aircond...
actually i already have the:
- digital panel
- relay/coil and (someone told me this item is to control the fan speed)
- sensor/thermo (a simple wire where you connect to the cooling set)
(correct me if i'm wrong with what i had just listed eh)...

i got to know that these are only half set... still can run... but aircond will feel very funny... what i heard is that to fully function, need to get the blower & blower motor (& cooling coil???) + a very messy set of wire... these to enable the air direction (top down) and also outside air intake...

seriously i also don't know how or what to make the set complete... had read a lot of suggestion in zth, but still pening one... mostly people only pasang the 3 items above only... labour charge around KL want RM120 just to fix those 3 items... kopak man like this...

anyway, any expert opinion? these are what i understand about digital aircond...

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
i had spent the whole day today trying to figure out my worries about digital aircond... and i never knew that actually the blower does not fit well with the standard wira dashboard... many of the shop either modify (which makes the angin come out like pondan only) or change to the lancer dashboard... very dissapointed with this fact...

as for myself... i just keep to install just the panel, relay and thermostat (attached is the picture of the 3 items which i had been advised needed to run just the aircond)... at least i can still use the aircond features (although without the outside air intake and the aircond direction)...

but i plan to meet with a mechanic who can modify to get the 2 other features working... what he did is take out the adjuster from the old wira aircond panel, put it on a customized bracket and hide it under the glove compartment... connected with the cables to enable the 2 features... simple... i will share my experience on this... first need to fix the panel... :_:

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
GREAT! finally i found a thread about this... Had a exact same prob here... trying to fit d panel to a stock wira dash.. even a fren of mine whose using gsr dunno much bout it cuz they sed they got it with d dash n everthin is included... so no hassle... sigh...

Been finding ppl dat care enough to share about this.. i juz baught a panel also.. n i mean juz d panel with cutted wires... i dunno y i did, maybe bcuz its abit fancier than d stock wan n got it at a very good price..

thanz for d infos chinonet... not planning to install it yet cuz sum other probs.. juz want to get things figure out 1st.. neway heres my ques..

- how much is the relay n thermostat n is it posible for me to find all the items seperately.. i mean without having to buy the whole set or dash...
- without the blower meanin the 3 direction is not functionable ryte?
- wat bout the 'AUTO' n 'Outside Temp' mode...? tak boleh pakai lansung ke?? sorry to throw alot of questions... :)

tx...

Last edited:

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
Hi FoarGeez,

yeah... me too having a hard time getting someone to share this info as well... but luckily one of my cousin is changing his, thus i managed to get some info about it... and i am sharing it here... but then i still hope some sifu would help justify what i said... since mine only based on my observation... (my version might be wrong :_: )

by right, you need these items for the aircond to work:
1. the digital panel
2. the thermostat (some call the sensor, becoz you need to connect this to the coil or somethin)
3. relay (this if i'm not mistaken to run the fan speed and for cut off function)

- the above are the standard half set, still can run but not all function. to run the full aircond features, need to get additional:
4. the blower casing
5. the blower motor
6. a very messy set of wiring
7. cooling coil (this one i tak sure, for me why wasting the original cooling coil)

also from what i know, here's the pros and cons...
- if pasang half set (only the first 3 items), you can set the fan speed & the temp... but then some people say that the auto feature also work, since it got to do with the fan speed, some people want to cool the car fast, thus use that function... the fan automatic put to full blast... but then, where's the sensor to detect the cabin temp also i don't know... maybe at the panel coz... someone told me there's a sensor right below the temp & auto button... the max cool and heater function also might work... i guess... since i don't think it got something to do with the blower...

- if pasang full set, better to get the dashboard sekali, since there's one time i went to a workshop to service my car, the guy there is installing the blower set, and the guy told me... "ini blower tak ngam sama ini dashboard, kena modify sikit"... the outcome? the angin is not as strong as before... but then what's good is that you can adjust the air direction, and also enable outside air intake... out temp ni i tak sure (how many sensor kena pakai oso i don't know lah for this aircond...) if you had seen wira standard blower, it is the set that connect to the dashboard for the air to come out... it controls the direction by using a cable... like a slider or something to change the direction... same goes for the outside air intake, where it open and close the flap... cuma the mitsu blower pakai electronic...

as for me, i still want the stong air coming from my aircond, so i'm not using the mitsu blower... my cousin and i now trying to figure out a way to modify so that i can still use the other 2 function... like i said earlier in my thread... i just cabut the control (the one you slide and pusing2 from the wira panel) mount to a bracket, sorok somewhere in the car, and still use the cable to change the direction... just as long my car don't "KaBooM!" then OK lah... hehehe...

sorry yeah for the long explanation, just sharing my thoughts... anyway, ur ques...
- how much is the relay n thermostat n is it posible for me to find all the items seperately.. i mean without having to buy the whole set or dash...
>> try looking for it at any chop shop along jalan kapar, klang... managed to get it seperately there... price also good... for the 3 items... got for around RM150... but do check the stocks they have, you can choose which one you want... some want the cantik no calar ones (i got mine very comot one, fill with minyak hitam... what to expect when buying from chop shop... but managed to get them to clean all three...) but i choose the one that the button still function... also get them to test it (if they have the tools lah...) also check their warranty... takut pasang nanti rosak, you can still change...

>> yerp... i plan to modify this so that i can still use it... but then i still jarang2 use it...

- wat bout the 'AUTO' n 'Outside Temp' mode...? tak boleh pakai lansung ke??
>> auto can use, when you press it, it blows the air like mad :_: i mean... it auto set the fan speed to meet the temp that you want... how the aircond know the temp in the car cabin? me also wonder... but then look like there's a sensor dekat the panel itself... for outside temp, some say there's a seperate sensor... some say it's the blower... which one is right also i don't know...

my main problem now is to find a place to fix it... still pening about this... what i heard is the price range from RM80 - RM150... (RM150 mahal gila!) but it depends, maybe mahal because they do a nice job (maybe...) i still haven't find a place to fix it... mostly only fix the whole set, they don't want to do the wiring... they need to see which wire goes to where from the original wira wiring... so i think they are lazy to do it... hope my info is enough (and correct...) really hope any zth sifu here could very very very much help...

(once this one settle... can move to next project to convert an old mazda to B6 turbo... vrrroooommmm... kapish! :shades_smile: )

FoarGeez said:
GREAT! finally i found a thread about this... Had a exact same prob here... trying to fit d panel to a stock wira dash.. even a fren of mine whose using gsr dunno much bout it cuz they sed they got it with d dash n everthin is included... so no hassle... sigh...

Been finding ppl dat care enough to share about this.. i juz baught a panel also.. n i mean juz d panel with cutted wires... i dunno y i did, maybe bcuz its abit fancier than d stock wan n got it at a very good price..

thanz for d infos chinonet... not planning to install it yet cuz sum other probs.. juz want to get things figure out 1st.. neway heres my ques..

- wat bout the 'AUTO' n 'Outside Temp' mode...? tak boleh pakai lansung ke?? sorry to throw alot of questions... :)

tx...

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
THANK YOU.. terima kasih.. shi ei shi ei.. arigato mozaimas.. masibuku.. (main belasah je spelling) keke..

Neway really thank you of yr thoughts bro... will install them in the future.. well basically waiting for the car warranty to void.. hehe.. hope u'll share more infos when the whole fixing are done... cheers..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
kewl FoarGeez... takpe... proton warranty is 1 yr only (kalau yg ada 2nd & 3rd yr tu... on certain component & labor aje)... hehehe...

no prob bro... sometime you need to experiment then you know rite? will definately update once i managed to find a place to fix it...

and also many many many thanks to tuan general for sharing the pix :shades_smile: ... cantik jugak pasang dekat dashboard wira... can share tak some info about the aircond? you pasang panel saja kan (half set)? kalau pasang half set only, just wondering apa features yg running? it would be very useful for me, FoarGeez and the rest to know as well... oh ye... butang ON/OFF tu camne pulak modify? still tekan butang aircond dekat atas or dekat panel? of all question i totally forgot to look into this, more concern on the functions... :_:

p/s: pasang dekat mana tu? around damansara /pj area ke? most importantly, mahal ke? :shocked: need to find one to fix mine... tak banyak workshop yg tahu how to install the panel... got one i know, but someone told me they pasang wiring cincai, until the car get short circuit! takut lor... :shocked:

FoarGeez said:
THANK YOU.. terima kasih.. shi ei shi ei.. arigato mozaimas.. masibuku.. (main belasah je spelling) keke..

Neway really thank you of yr thoughts bro... will install them in the future.. well basically waiting for the car warranty to void.. hehe.. hope u'll share more infos when the whole fixing are done... cheers..

general

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
Penang
www.protonmania.com
and also many many many thanks to tuan general for sharing the pix ... cantik jugak pasang dekat dashboard wira... can share tak some info about the aircond? you pasang panel saja kan (half set)? kalau pasang half set only, just wondering apa features yg running? it would be very useful for me, FoarGeez and the rest to know as well... oh ye... butang ON/OFF tu camne pulak modify? still tekan butang aircond dekat atas or dekat panel? of all question i totally forgot to look into this, more concern on the functions...
yup installed only the panel with all buttons are functional except blower & outside temp. so butang ON/OFF berfungsi..so not using button on dashboard. install kat ulu kelang for only RM80...cheers...

Last edited:

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
anyone know how to check whether d panel is working? which wire must connect to the power source.. i mean as long the display screen is function...

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
erm... let me check my cable later today... becoz the chop shop tested mine... and they only use 2 wire only (just to switch it on only)... what i remember is he combined both black wire... plus one more set of wire... will update once i check it... but then don't take my word 100% kay bro... i takut ur panel can short circuit or baBooM nanti... since the chop shop have the equipment to test it (the correct power regulator)...

and also to tn general... thanks for the info... at least we got some info from someone who had already fixed one... confirm now that the blower direction is not working, the outside temp is not working, and also outside air intake... something new to me is that now i can start my aircond from the panel... no need to press the button at my dashboard... now need to cari something to replace the aircond button at the dashboard with a blank one (if have lah, hehehe)...

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
okie thanx chino... must get them tested soon.. takut nanti tak bleh pakai.. juz worry, cuz i get them at a very fair price.. mane la tau kena tipu.. hope the chop shop still can remember my face.. so now d panel cume decorate bilik tido je la..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
to be honest with you bro, after seeing the wire behind the panel... i couldn't tell which wire is for which... very confusing... by the way... i had mine installed yesterday... thanx to turbosmart & friend... nicely done by them... you may pm him if you need any installation work...

UNFORTUNATELY... by the time i want the panel to be installed... the LCD panel gone kaput... :cry_smile: sedih one... i don't think it is due to the installation, since the guy who fix it has all the gadget to test it... and before fixing it, he tested it... if your LCD is fading or got lines crossing... mean soon can kaput lah... sad lor like this... until this morning cannot sleep thinking... what lah i had done to the panel after i bought it... but luckily all the buttons working... so still can function lah... so... only the air direction, outside air intake and the out temp is not working... else all can work... i also still use the aircond button at the meter to turn the aircond off completely... or i can use the off button on the aircond panel to put the aircond on stand-by...

one difference that you will notice after fixing the panel... with mitsu panel + standard wira blower... the outcome... the car is kow kow sejuk one! i set the temp at 31.5 also can menggigil... anything higher than 31.5 the aircond is set at warm (suam) mode... if you use the mitsu blower... you need to use the lancer dashboard... wira cannot fit... the blower is lower than the output vent... so you won't feel the full breeze of the aircond... (can modify but tak syiok...)

anyway... those are my experience researching... gathering infos... and my personal experience after fixing it... so far i am very happy with the outcome... nevertheless... i think i might need to replace the panel... very frustrating when you could hardly see anything on the LCD... damn... :angry_smile:

FoarGeez said:
okie thanx chino... must get them tested soon.. takut nanti tak bleh pakai.. juz worry, cuz i get them at a very fair price.. mane la tau kena tipu.. hope the chop shop still can remember my face.. so now d panel cume decorate bilik tido je la..

Last edited: