Digital Aircond Panel

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
chinonet77 said:
to be honest with you bro, after seeing the wire behind the panel... i couldn't tell which wire is for which... very confusing... by the way... i had mine installed yesterday... thanx to turbosmart & friend... nicely done by them... you may pm him if you need any installation work...

UNFORTUNATELY... by the time i want the panel to be installed... the LCD panel gone kaput... :cry_smile: sedih one... i don't think it is due to the installation, since the guy who fix it has all the gadget to test it... and before fixing it, he tested it... if your LCD is fading or got lines crossing... mean soon can kaput lah... sad lor like this... until this morning cannot sleep thinking... what lah i had done to the panel after i bought it... but luckily all the buttons working... so still can function lah... so... only the air direction, outside air intake and the out temp is not working... else all can work... i also still use the aircond button at the meter to turn the aircond off completely... or i can use the off button on the aircond panel to put the aircond on stand-by...

one difference that you will notice after fixing the panel... with mitsu panel + standard wira blower... the outcome... the car is kow kow sejuk one! i set the temp at 31.5 also can menggigil... anything higher than 31.5 the aircond is set at warm (suam) mode... if you use the mitsu blower... you need to use the lancer dashboard... wira cannot fit... the blower is lower than the output vent... so you won't feel the full breeze of the aircond... (can modify but tak syiok...)

anyway... those are my experience researching... gathering infos... and my personal experience after fixing it... so far i am very happy with the outcome... nevertheless... i think i might need to replace the panel... very frustrating when you could hardly see anything on the LCD... damn... :angry_smile:

View attachment 79804

View attachment 79805
hi there..

Needs to know,I bought my mitsubishi halfcut with manual aircon system.anyone can tell me,is it got any spare wiring for digital aircon.Thinking to buy digital panel n plug n play.anyone have done it before.thanks

general

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
Penang
www.protonmania.com
ealt said:
hi there..

Needs to know,I bought my mitsubishi halfcut with manual aircon system.anyone can tell me,is it got any spare wiring for digital aircon.Thinking to buy digital panel n plug n play.anyone have done it before.thanks
i think u still need those 3 items mentioned on pg 1. these job diyed by my fren

before...

after...

Last edited:

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
general said:
i think u still need those 3 items mentioned on pg 1
yes i agree.those 3 parts i will buy it seperately but needs info from you guys,is it got any wiring for digital aircon?Anyone got an experience on it

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
hm... looking at the photos by general... it seems that the manual panel is similar to wira manual (cable) panel... i also do think that the 3 items and wiring is still needed to run the digital aircond... not as easy as plug and play... the diff between manual and digital panel is that the digital has several added features... thus you still need the additional items...

as for wiring... tak sure lah... takut the manual panel wiring is similar to wira... but i think the wireman know which wire to use...

anyway... here's a photo of my "kong" LCD digital panel... sakit hati tahap gaban alredi... as for the "disabled" features... i am in the process to modify it... will update if i successfully did it...

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
In my guess that, mitsubishi control harness should be a same neither with or without digital aircon.As I think that they(Mit guys) would not to made 2 variant of harness just because of manual and digital aircon for each model.May be their will made a extra connector which mean for digital aircon available if the model using the digital one.Other wise, not use the connector if the model using the manual one.As example, gsr got two variant of aircon panel one right.With digital and with manual.Get what i mean.If wrong plz tell me...thanks

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
well actually... i am not an expert on this as well... most of it are based on my observation and after asking many people about this...

what you say might be true as well... but i'm just affraid that mitsu might also offer 2 different type of aircond for their cars... my fren got an old mivec half cut with manual panel... what i notice is that his manual panel use cable... and his blower is not automated... as for the wiring... i'm not sure... i notice that the manual panel uses less wiring than the digital... that's why the full wiring set for digital panel is very messy (got extra wiring for the blower and the sensor / thermo)... there's one thread in zth where a guy with mitsu half cut change the whole set of his aircond just to use the digital... i also very confused...

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
Yes correct, i already know that may blower are using cable one so, i will change it with the motor one.What im curious right now is the harness itself. May be this sunday i will try to check it.But if someone already got an experience about it plz shared with me.Thanks

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
chinonet,

very kesian la dgr yr story kwn.. done so much alredy n outcome mcm ni.. well if u insist of getting one, then u can try my panel.. since im not using it.. if boleh pakai, then i tolak to u lah.. Condition ok.. minor scratches.. about 80% brand new. amacam.. how much u get yr panel? pm me if interested..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
aiseh bro... thanx a lot for the assistance... i really am very terharu since i receive a lot of PM of people who wanted to help me... but then, i don't plan to spend much lah for the panel actually... my mental and spirit really really down already... i would prefer to find one below RM100... since i originaly bought mine (all 3 items) for around RM150... RM100 for the panel... RM50 for the relay and thermo...

at first i was looking and asking around for a kaput unit with a working LCD... plan to use it as spare part to modify my LCD... right now i am negotiating with a seller to give me good price... he plan to sell all 3 items... if he give a good price... then i take the whole unit, the relay and thermo i will sell off since many people are looking for these 2 items... at least both myself and anyone who need the relay and thermo can save... if i'm not mistaken you are also looking for one rite bro?

anyway... i do like ur offer... since both of us also looking for answer to the mystery behind the digital panel... maybe we can have TT sometime this week or something to discuss further... (by the way, where are you from? i'm from pj) it would nice for me to personally share my experience installing the half set digital panel... and you are free to get the feel yourself for you to decide which is the best option for you... if got other people who would like to know my experience also can come and join... (i'm not a pro myself in digital aircond, mostly trial and error... but i am happy to share whatever that i know... feel sedih since tak ramai yg share info about their experience installing the digital panel in zth...)

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
yah bro... very hard to find peeps dat really like to share bout this cuz to them its juz a small matter and wouldn like to waste their time talking bout its.....

well i'll replied.. u UGPM...

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
sigh me just got prob with my digital panel, the right side (the temp up or down side) of light which lights up the wording does not lit up, the left side (the fan speed side) and the lcd is fully OK, how and wat can i do to fix this???? pls help thanks!!!

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
kennethfong said:
sigh me just got prob with my digital panel, the right side (the temp up or down side) of light which lights up the wording does not lit up, the left side (the fan speed side) and the lcd is fully OK, how and wat can i do to fix this???? pls help thanks!!!

bro ken, ure lucky if u can find any wireman that can fix the panel.. but honestly, i think u hav to get a new panel.. repairing one, maybe will cost u like a new panel.. Might as well get a nice new one.. cheers..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
actually... after my LCD panel kong... i decided to open up the panel and open the front casing... and guess what... it has a "led" in it to light the button... yesterday one of my fren digital panel had become so colorful! mixed color for the button light... a bit "ah beng" lah... but cun :shades_smile:

my advice is to find a shop that knows how to change the meter light... i think they might have the "led" for you to replace your old blown "led"... (or maybe you can change the color as well :_: ) maybe i might change mine... if only got rainbow colored "led"... gerenti meriah one in the car... hehehe...

FoarGeez said:
bro ken, ure lucky if u can find any wireman that can fix the panel.. but honestly, i think u hav to get a new panel.. repairing one, maybe will cost u like a new panel.. Might as well get a nice new one.. cheers..

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
hi guys,

actually yesterday my hands were a bit itchy, went to my car, using a philips screwdriver, take out the whole digital air cond module, then take it back to my room slowly research, i managed to disassemble the front part (the bezel), only four screws at the rear, then using a flat screwdriver to slowly remove the hook n pull it out, i saw two bulbs with blue coloured condoms, these condoms r similar to our wira cluster meter's condoms where they turn the yellow coloured bulbs to white light, took out the blown bulb and went to some electronics shop n finally got it, although it's not of exactly the same model/spec, or rather i should say size, it doesn't matter so long as it's a 12v, guys please do not go to normal accessories shop, even a shop as big as brothers doesn't have it, looks like this type of bulb is really hard to find..... then just now fixed it up already, n it looks great!! and everything is back to normal except i gotta buy another bulb tomorrow as the light on both sides r not well balanced, the new bulb is brighter but the old bulb isn't..... n remember guys, actually you do not need to remove the whole bezel, it's not required, once u take out the whole module see behind there u can c two holes one at each side of the socket slots, use a flat screw driver or a philips to turn counterclockwise, then voila you manage to take out the holder with the bulb, remove the blown bulb, replace the new one, n remember to follow exactly the way u take the bulb out, u gotta slot the two holes of the bulb connector thru two mini holes of the holder, then guide the bulb connectors thru the lines made ready at the holder, fold a few rounds at the edge if u wan, once done for both sides, voila, remember before u put it back, use watever u wan, i jus use a flat screwdriver to scratch the contact surface to the bulb holder, u''ll c two identical semi-spherical bronze surface, that's the contact point, otherwise it's a bit sensitive, my first attempt failed coz of the loosen contact or i would say intermittent connection, remember put it back the way u took it out.... mine's a gsr dashboard, so only two screws to take the whole central dash out, but for wira, there would b few more additional steps.....

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Bro Chino,

The standard lancer aircond blower's output vent is lower than the Wira dashboard's aircond ducting, is that what you mean?

That means, if we want to fix the lancer digital aircond blower unit, we can mount it up against the firewall area behind the glovebox, no problem, but the blower output can't get to the dashboard's aircond duct, and the ducting will require modifications to connect it to the blower's output.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
aiyuh... sorry for the late reply... been a bit buzy... totally forgot to check zth... anyway...

bro kenneth...
nice to hear that you managed to get it fixed! caya lah! and most importantly... thanks very much for sharing the info... as for myslf... i hope to get my broken digital panel replaced soon... and probably try to experiement myself to chance the light as well... plan to change to orange to match my radio color...

bro jswong...
yeah, basically that is the scenario... it can be fix easily (and nicely) into wira... except that the blower output vent seems to be lower than the central aircond duct... after seeing my friend's mitsu dashboard and compare it to my wira dash... got some difference in height... wira is slightly higher... nevertheless, i am very certain that the mitsu blower can still be used on standard wira dash... but need to find a place who can mod it nicely... and have it properly diverted to the central duct... but then again... it might be costly... i still wish that it could fit nicely...

as for the modification that i plan to do to use the air direction, so far i only have little success... a bit frustrating but i'm still trying... unfortunately i released my frustration by smashing the central front bazel and LCD display of my digital aircond... now i can't adjust the fan and temp... but then i feel very relieved!:banghead:

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Smashed the bezel??! Aiyoh... take it easy, bro..

I wonder if we could use those cheap aluminium aircond ductings to match the lancer blower to the Wira aircond duct assembly.. maybe a bit of hacksaw job to get some clearance, and then fit the aircond duct in place with rivets or epoxy or something.. those 3-inch collapsible aluminium aircond ducting are quite cheap and easy to bend by hand.. again, available at Ace Hardware..

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
cannot tahan lah bro... already very frustrated to the max with the panel...

anyway... as for what you said... yeah... i saw it being done at one workshop in damansara utama... they cut the blower vent a bit to make way for the tube to route the air nicely to the central air duct... i'm not sure how the air output turns out... but i do think it would be better than just plug it in as it is... either way... i am still searching for this one workshop in kampung subang who did the mod on the original wira blower by adding the electrical features... how they did it? i also wonder how... hope to find that shop soon and see what actually they do... if the workmanship is good... and the price is reasonable... then i might think of doing it on my standard wira blower... at least i can still use my original blower, blower motor and cooling coil (which is still new)... and i don't need to get a chop blower which i am not certain whether it is still works or not...

p/s: if anyone know or heard about this shop before... do share the info kay...

Last edited:

chinonet77

Mar 23, 2006
hey 4gs... :_:

i still on the lookout for any cheap panel around... don't want to spend so much lah after what had happened... still got lots some mods need to be done on the car... budget also very tight...

how's ur panel doin? haha... bila mau pasang? if you need the thermo & relay, i got someone who want to sell it... can get below RM50 for both... or still waiting till car warranty void :shades_smile: cukup 1 year anniversary, change terus lah bro...

by the way, where are u studying bro? still looking forward for our :tee: session... want to know more about ur DIY spray project... sounds cool!

:dancing2:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi every sifu,

i want to ask, is there a difference between wira 1.5GL and 1.5GLi front suspension?

i own a 1.5GL where my bro own a 1.5GLi

i saw my bro front is higher than mine...
for example, for his car, i can put 4 fingers in the spacing between the tyre to the chassis. where mine only can fit 3 fingers.

but i notice some 1.5GL front, some same as mine, some the high rate is like 1.5GLi

what they change ? spring ? or absorber ? or add on rubber (but i dont prefer to add on rubber)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience