wira 1.5GL and 1.5GLi front suspension

Kyusuke_FD3S

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
hi every sifu,

i want to ask, is there a difference between wira 1.5GL and 1.5GLi front suspension?

i own a 1.5GL where my bro own a 1.5GLi

i saw my bro front is higher than mine...
for example, for his car, i can put 4 fingers in the spacing between the tyre to the chassis. where mine only can fit 3 fingers.

but i notice some 1.5GL front, some same as mine, some the high rate is like 1.5GLi

what they change ? spring ? or absorber ? or add on rubber (but i dont prefer to add on rubber)

and i feel 1.5GLi takes corner, the body roll is slightly better than my 1.5GL... is it what they say 1.5GLi got lotus tuning is true ?

thanks.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah...probably due to sagged spring for older car...

like my car 1.6 suppposed to be stiffer...but my frens 1.3 absorber was stiffer than mine... (both stock car) but my car much older than him.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The only exception to this "all Wira are the same" rule is the Wira Special Edition. The front springs are bigger and shorter than the 1.6/1.8 (even tho it's a 1.5) and the spring holder cup for the suspension is slightly higher on the absorber.

If you can get your hands on the Wira SE spring you can lower your Wira without affecting comfort too much! :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is what happens when you fail to listen to the ringleader of the biggest circus on the planet or in this case F1 supremo, Bernie Ecclestone. If he asks for a night race, you give him a night race or you get axed from the racing calendar. Well to keep things short, that’s what basically happened when the Australian government refused to bow down to Ecclestone’s requests for a night race, so now its good bye to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience