did new saga BLm got any problem??

erictioh

Dec 29, 2006
I'm driving saga blm for more than 1 year, so far the following happens on my car:

1. Driver side power window switch 50% working, so got new 1 replaced, while passenger seat one starting to follow the symptom
2. IAFM part (Forgot what name edi) keep producing tick tick sound when engine running. Got it replaced and no problem until now.
3. Wheel keep sway to left side, went to proton HQ, alignment and camber checked without any problem but suspect is steering rail problem, waiting for the part to come and replace in near future.

Before the car being tuned, i always feel it underpower, check what i have done on my car:
1. Have strong magnets clip on fuel inlet line. (Avoid buying those fuel saver brand because they suck up your money while you can get much better magnets at jalan pasar with 1 to 2 time lower cost.

2. Have strong magnet inside air intake. Please don't ask me how this work to improve power but it really improve engine power where you can feel it.

3. 50K Farads of small to large capacitor mod on my battery terminals. With this mod, my car engine can drag to high rpm smoothly.

4. Denso iridium plug IT20 installed.

With item num 3 + 4 installed, you can easily drag ur car rpm up to 5k when accelerate, the engine doesn't sound harsh like you're giving pressure to it but it does it smoothly.

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
I'm driving saga blm for more than 1 year, so far the following happens on my car:

1. Driver side power window switch 50% working, so got new 1 replaced, while passenger seat one starting to follow the symptom
2. IAFM part (Forgot what name edi) keep producing tick tick sound when engine running. Got it replaced and no problem until now.
3. Wheel keep sway to left side, went to proton HQ, alignment and camber checked without any problem but suspect is steering rail problem, waiting for the part to come and replace in near future.

Before the car being tuned, i always feel it underpower, check what i have done on my car:
1. Have strong magnets clip on fuel inlet line. (Avoid buying those fuel saver brand because they suck up your money while you can get much better magnets at jalan pasar with 1 to 2 time lower cost.

2. Have strong magnet inside air intake. Please don't ask me how this work to improve power but it really improve engine power where you can feel it.

3. 50K Farads of small to large capacitor mod on my battery terminals. With this mod, my car engine can drag to high rpm smoothly.

4. Denso iridium plug IT20 installed.

With item num 3 + 4 installed, you can easily drag ur car rpm up to 5k when accelerate, the engine doesn't sound harsh like you're giving pressure to it but it does it smoothly.
Mind to share the pic of your items?

donnyboy

Known Member
Apr 1, 2006
ya..can share some pic???whr can i get tat stuff?how much?

camouflage_artist

Feb 6, 2009
I got scared also before I bought my BLM SE. People telling me this & that bout that car... So far got no problem. Just serviced for 1000km. The fuel consumption is low coz my car is manual. Around RM30 for 5 days. Ok lah tu...for a daily use car, I don't really mind if it's underpower or what so ever. Worth buying car BLM!

Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I owned a BLM for 15months now. It is a very spacious car. Quality issue aside, the fuel economy really sucks and the car is seriously underpower (torque). Many people cannot differentiate between torque and power. I am doing 10km/l city driving and 13km/l highway. A P/Myvi, H/City, T/Vios, H/Civic & etc can beat those figure easily. Most of them doing 13km/l city driving and 16km/l highway. Worst is that they have much more drivability. BLM should have been atleast a 1.5l car due to its weight.

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If its stock, it could be under power..try to retuned the ecu,add some fuel saving devices,grounding,changing higher flow air filter,good spark plugs, and never go for bigger than 14" rims...should be okay...mine one (auto 1.3) does feel heavy to reach 5500rpm but after installed air power booster, it does improved pickup which it can reach redline and the engine sound at high rpm is reduced significantly....can fight side by side with myvi auto (which usually faster than blm) ;)
However, the first batch of BLM esp year 2008 used to have problems with the iafm sound/rear brakes seems a bit stuck (makes my car a bit heavy) and making some noise/power window sometimes okay, sometimes not working.....that's all

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

in terms of power, i'm actually quite amazed with the auto version which does accelerate quite good though...so far i'm quite satisfy with blm coz it has a very good cabin space and rear leg room clearance....compared to wira and persona, blm does feel abit more spacious..