SagaFLX stuttering idle

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Hi all,

My FLX (at) have been suffering this stuttering/jerking condition (or in layman malay, semput2 or sedu sedu:biggrin:) when i idle (in any gear) after running fast or after using the aircond for most of the journey. Sometimes even in the morning. I went to SC to enquire but they came up with no solutions.

I also have a OBD2 tool and tried to check any fault codes, none found so i double check by going to a workshop with a PADT tool, same thing: no error codes. Has any FLX user solved this yet?

Problem appeared within 1 month of taking delivery of car (in 2012) and has been happening often since. Really appreciate any light on this matter.

Extra info:
Year: 2012
Mileage: 65k+
Plugs: Normal OEM, changed at 40k
Fuel filter: Changed at 50k
Engine oil: Semi 10w-40

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Paging @TitanRev

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
It is not the ECU?

I got from many they said FLX has a ECU issue where cannot start.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It is not the ECU?

Not sure about FLX.

If jerking, only sometimes in my BLM.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
i dont own saga flx, but from ur symptom i could say fairly similar what i had gone thru.
try clean up TB first. can DIY and see how it goes.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think it's a little too generic to diagnose. Need more info. Can you post a video? Or something.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Got warranty? Go back Proton le. Could be a lemon.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
sorry to hear about the prob, esp to a new car. I bothers me when some staff at the SC simply says that ""this is standard problem, bro. other proton car oso with the same problem"

If the service center can't fix it, try going to another service center, as the workmanship and skill of the staffs differ from one SC to another SC...

Or, try going to a "independent" workshop, where the repair guys are likely to be more willing to solve your prob.

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
sorry to hear about the prob, esp to a new car. I bothers me when some staff at the SC simply says that ""this is standard problem, bro. other proton car oso with the same problem"

If the service center can't fix it, try going to another service center, as the workmanship and skill of the staffs differ from one SC to another SC...

Or, try going to a "independent" workshop, where the repair guys are likely to be more willing to solve your prob.
Tried campro workshops and other under tree workshops, they could figure the root cause yet.

Got warranty? Go back Proton le. Could be a lemon.
Unfortunately my warranty is out the window, no more with SC due to workmanship issues.

I think it's a little too generic to diagnose. Need more info. Can you post a video? Or something.
It's random and about a few seconds, I will try to "induce" the effects today and get some videos to better explain the symptom.

i dont own saga flx, but from ur symptom i could say fairly similar what i had gone thru.
try clean up TB first. can DIY and see how it goes.
I have done TB cleaning. The problem seems to persist much to my dismay...

Does it sound rough?
Sometimes its rough but mostly its sort of mild. Its like that condition where it's almost about to stall but the ECU tries to recover, badly.

Extra info:
I nearly went up a curb yesterday night as i was reversing slowly up a hill (back park) when it started stuttering... the R gear suddenly became like neutral... rev also nothing happen have to slam brake n wait for it to stop before reversing again.

It's a long shot but could the TCU also be to blame? Since some write-ups describe that the TCU have some "control" over engine torque and certain behaviours. But i have haven't the slightest clue on how to diagnose that.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

It is not the ECU?

Could this be a prelude to that problem? I hope not

Last edited:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
I need to know some info and example as well.

Bcoz i suspect my car is being acting like it.

This shuttering is it like the car acting like a horse? or usually happens to 1st timers who drive with stick?

I remembered PSC said common thing in CVT sagas

btw MetaruBZG, currently many are facing the ECU issue including myself where i cannot start the car sometimes.

*Last Sunday, I have a wedding convoy, my car suddenly became like horse for 5 seconds... kinda takut la bcoz i was at Kampung Jenjarom touge road.. no town nearby

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Tried campro workshops and other under tree workshops, they could figure the root cause yet.

Unfortunately my warranty is out the window, no more with SC due to workmanship issues.

It's random and about a few seconds, I will try to "induce" the effects today and get some videos to better explain the symptom.

I have done TB cleaning. The problem seems to persist much to my dismay...

Sometimes its rough but mostly its sort of mild. Its like that condition where it's almost about to stall but the ECU tries to recover, badly.

Extra info:
I nearly went up a curb yesterday night as i was reversing slowly up a hill (back park) when it started stuttering... the R gear suddenly became like neutral... rev also nothing happen have to slam brake n wait for it to stop before reversing again.

It's a long shot but could the TCU also be to blame? Since some write-ups describe that the TCU have some "control" over engine torque and certain behaviours. But i have haven't the slightest clue on how to diagnose that.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Could this be a prelude to that problem? I hope not
If u think its ECU problem, have you tried reflashing TCU and ECU at Proton SC before?
Not sure how much it cost to reflash it.
The TCU and ECU tend to have some updates.

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
If u think its ECU problem, have you tried reflashing TCU and ECU at Proton SC before?
Not sure how much it cost to reflash it.
The TCU and ECU tend to have some updates.
Went at a workshop with PADT tool n did it plus clutch adaption as well. The mech/tech said that my ecu is up to date as the system reports it to be. That's the odd thing i could remember so far. Did it last March.

Also i tried ECU reset (pull battery, pull fuse) and left it overnight. After a day or two, the problem came back.:mad:

I need to know some info and example as well.

Bcoz i suspect my car is being acting like it.

This shuttering is it like the car acting like a horse? or usually happens to 1st timers who drive with stick?

I remembered PSC said common thing in CVT sagas

btw MetaruBZG, currently many are facing the ECU issue including myself where i cannot start the car sometimes.

*Last Sunday, I have a wedding convoy, my car suddenly became like horse for 5 seconds... kinda takut la bcoz i was at Kampung Jenjarom touge road.. no town nearby
Yeah, it did some "horsing" around like u described but only when im in idle or at slow speeds (<10 kph with feet of the gas pedal). Stops immediately as i apply some throttle...

I did came across that info abt the ECU's ... so far i haven't experience starting problems but a while back it tend to do this thing (though not often), where after filling up petrol, i start the car n the engine immediately rev up to 3k+ rpm on it's own... i had to turn off n re-start it to drive away normally. Lucky i haven't changed my muffler yet :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Went at a workshop with PADT tool n did it plus clutch adaption as well. The mech/tech said that my ecu is up to date as the system reports it to be. That's the odd thing i could remember so far. Did it last March.

Also i tried ECU reset (pull battery, pull fuse) and left it overnight. After a day or two, the problem came back.:mad:

Yeah, it did some "horsing" around like u described but only when im in idle or at slow speeds (<10 kph with feet of the gas pedal). Stops immediately as i apply some throttle...

I did came across that info abt the ECU's ... so far i haven't experience starting problems but a while back it tend to do this thing (though not often), where after filling up petrol, i start the car n the engine immediately rev up to 3k+ rpm on it's own... i had to turn off n re-start it to drive away normally. Lucky i haven't changed my muffler yet :biggrin:
Wah, that didn't solve as well.
Hmm, I have no idea now. Have to wait FLX pro TitanRev to come in.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
TS your problem beginning to sound like ECU/TCU problem. If R doesn't act like a R that's pretty serious.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello zthm,

Need guide lines from you all in how to take out the cover for the rear (left and right side) The cover i means is the one where all rear speaker is?
Anyone ..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience