Crack on car tire..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

m0bile

Apr 25, 2008
Dear all car enthusiasts and experts,

I just found a crack on one of my car tire and quite worried about it. I don't see similar crack on other tires, so I am wondering should I be worried about this crack? Do I have to change the tires??

I think I have ran less than 15,000km with these set of tires, I really can't remember how long exactly I had them already.

The tire is a Yokohama A520 .

I don't drive long distances..

I am just worried about having to change the tires as the thread wear seems to be still quite ok. Quite wasting if i have to change tires already, right?

Your advise is most appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
if u scare then goto tyre shop ask them put a inner tyre(tube) for u lorr. then continue use this tyre as outer tyre. dont langgar lubang later pecah. hehe..........
my fren also got a deep cut at her innova tyre cozs she drive through a deep hole and the rock cut the tyre. then she drive to tyre shop to inspect and the taukeh say no problem.
maybe u can goto tyre shop ask them check for u,

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
yep, korekt, better get the tire shop fellas to tell u more bout d tire...dun pray pray with tires wakakaka

over the net cant tell much, sometimes they need to take out the tire 1st ka, see the insides, bend the rubber ka etc...

m0bile

Apr 25, 2008
if u scare then goto tyre shop ask them put a inner tyre(tube) for u lorr. then continue use this tyre as outer tyre. dont langgar lubang later pecah. hehe..........
my fren also got a deep cut at her innova tyre cozs she drive through a deep hole and the rock cut the tyre. then she drive to tyre shop to inspect and the taukeh say no problem.
maybe u can goto tyre shop ask them check for u,
But the tires have the writing 'Tubeless Radial' written on it.. Can this tube insertion still be done by the shops?

yep, korekt, better get the tire shop fellas to tell u more bout d tire...dun pray pray with tires wakakaka

over the net cant tell much, sometimes they need to take out the tire 1st ka, see the insides, bend the rubber ka etc...
Ok I will bring it to a shop then. Just hope maybe can get some advise from fellow enthusiasts first. Thanks :)

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
tyre will expand a bit when running at high speed or bend when taking corner at high speed.... with this tyre...dangerous...go for inspection quick...

my 2 cents...

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
can insert a tubeless. last time my tyre also tubeless, then they insert a tube marr.

tofu, u got PM lar.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
tyre will expand a bit when running at high speed or bend when taking corner at high speed.... with this tyre...dangerous...go for inspection quick...

my 2 cents...
yeap go quick, but not too quick ar, tire in no mood to go high speed edi haha

northie, yes ive got ur pm...u got one too!

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
But the tires have the writing 'Tubeless Radial' written on it.. Can this tube insertion still be done by the shops?

Ok I will bring it to a shop then. Just hope maybe can get some advise from fellow enthusiasts first. Thanks :)
eh eh my nick tofu_manic la haha not maniac

yeap yeap in the meantime ask forummers 1st, who knows mebbe there are tire shop owners here who can give u advice hehe

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Quietly trade in your tires and change to new set (must be different model or brand), with the same shop you buy the tires :)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
looks like a cut rather than a crack. personally, i think its ok to continue using it as it doesn't seem that deep. from your picture (what camera you use? so clear) it appears that you still have a lot of thread left and its kind of waste...

Last edited by a moderator: