Manifold Cracked & Turbo Upgrade

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Ah Wah said it's pretty common for the original manifold to crack. Well, it's time for me to upgrade to TD05 + FMIC. Will keep the progress update here... project begins next week.

Attachments

PR1MO4130

Nov 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
re: Manifold Cracked & Turbo Upgrade

Yep.. Mmg normal the cracked manifold.. Had mine change 2 yrs ago....same spot like u... A hairline crack.. Luckily found a replacement at chop shop... Price rm350 and I sprayed ceramico coating to protect it from cracking again...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Yup. When engine is cold, I hear pretty loud whistle sound. Hoping after the fix, I'll get better performance too. ;)

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL

coated cast iron or coated stainless steel?which 1 last longer?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

No idea wor... but I am going to wrap the manifold this time...

thesyko

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007

No idea wor... but I am going to wrap the manifold this time...
If wrap sumore faster-la it will crack. Cause water condensation will happen / form at the thermal wrap there. I wrapped my old EVO manifold then damn kau fast it crack.

Btw, new Airtrek owner reporting in :p

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Ah... is it? Anyway, it's already wrapped at this point of time. Just some pictures to share.

Attachments

one_piece

Jan 28, 2009

cost fmic how much???
what turbine u'r using???
hehehehehee.....
welcome to TD05 bro....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

FMIC is Rm1500 offered by Ah Wah. I've had the ad up in the sale section. It's TD05 from Evo 7. Thanks bro. :)

thesyko

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007

Ah... is it? Anyway, it's already wrapped at this point of time. Just some pictures to share.
Weird,

I thought when you dump in a TD05, they have to move the fan to the front cause will kena the turbine compressor housing. No meh??

Won't lag ka TD05? You would be better off with a TD05 from an E4 to E6 cause if i remember correctly its smaller then the 05' from an E7.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Weird,

I thought when you dump in a TD05, they have to move the fan to the front cause will kena the turbine compressor housing. No meh??

Won't lag ka TD05? You would be better off with a TD05 from an E4 to E6 cause if i remember correctly its smaller then the 05' from an E7.
Yes, the fan needs to be modified. It's not done yet when the picture was taken.

I've NOT driven the car yet, so I don't know about turbo lag yet. Will share when I got the car today I hope.

thesyko

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007

Yes, the fan needs to be modified. It's not done yet when the picture was taken.

I've NOT driven the car yet, so I don't know about turbo lag yet. Will share when I got the car today I hope.
I'll be at DOM in USJ 1 later today. Need to check some stuff with my car...

hehehe... Old bushings and rubber pieces...

james3399

Known Member
Jul 20, 2009
jb

stutzedward~~~can u post a pic that where u relocate ur fan ~~using the ori one??or other??

ken77

Jan 16, 2007

bro edward pls share ur experience ..i m keen on fmic..the price included the td05? hope u got ur car soon...

any bro here can share if u already on fmic?

cheers

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

stutzedward~~~can u post a pic that where u relocate ur fan ~~using the ori one??or other??
I just finished washing the car. Forgot to take picture la. Wait I take tmrw n post up. It uses the original fan motor. Ah Wah is great, he's able to mod it to fit.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

bro edward pls share ur experience ..i m keen on fmic..the price included the td05? hope u got ur car soon...

any bro here can share if u already on fmic?

cheers
The FMIC alone is rm1500. It's pretty cheap n good deal actually. The td05 from Evo 7 includes installation is rm1600 and Works Engineering fuel regulator is Rm400. So altogether is rm3900.

First feel and experience.
- my straight flow exhaust system is so much quieter. Sound of exhaust is smooth and 'gentle'
- car felt more refined, less rough in a way
- save the best for last, power - below 3500rpm is a bit weak. Turbo lag is apparent. Td04 comes in as early as 2000rpm but fades off at 5500. But td05 kicks in hard at 3500 all the way to 7000 without fading. The higher the speed, the stronger it pulls. It's only at 1 bar now. Ah Wah said after I upgraded the fuel system n tuning done, I can boost till 1.4 bar no problem. Hehehe.

Will share pictures tmrw.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

thought of testing the tufoil out in my dad's 4 stroke kapcai.

these kap chais uses a wet clutch i think, gear oil and engine oil integrated, so is it safe to to use tufoil?

i am just worried it may cause the clutch to slip.

if yes, how much tufoil shoudl i add to the small crankcase....i think it holds about 1 litre of engine oil.

this is just for experimenting purpose only.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience