Wira 1.5 compressor bearing cracking sound

Aug 14, 2012
Kajang
hi all,

first of all thanks for read my thread, i have issue with my wira, whenever i turned on the aircond, there's cracking sound at the compressor, near to the compressor timing belt, the sounds is like "ketak ketak ketak" something like that,,,,, when i press the throttle the sound increase following engine sound and speed....i suspect that the bearing at compressor are the one at problem, maybe bearing pecah, im not sure....so, after googling around and read many forum, its seems like i can change the bearing without changing to a new or reckon compressor, but is it advisable?how much the cost?and where can i find trusted workshop that can solve my problem?by the way, i live at kajang..hope all the sifu's here can help me with some advice,,,,,thank you....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
out of curiousity,could it be the timing belt plastic cover that might have run out of alignment?

jtsc

Oct 8, 2004
u r right, the bearing is out. better change ASAP before the bearing worn out the housing and the shaft and kong the compressor. l hav mine changed twice. the workshop advise that this a design flaw - bearing and the housing is too small. repair cost about 500, 2 years back in klang beside bulatan 100, shop beside the 4ekor outlet.

Roger89

Known Member
Jan 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

My car oso got some sound from the compressor but the sound more prominent when the aircond is off. Sounds like kruuk krruuk... When compressor turn on the sound disappear. Anybody got any idea if this one will cause major repair problem later..?

Raymond852

Oct 10, 2012
chicago
First o fall you want to change your bearing because the bearing is out. better change ASAP before the bearing worn out the housing and the shaft and kong the compressor.

honda lift kits

Last edited:

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
After you replaced the bearing of your compressor. Be sure tension of belt was at specification. Too much tension of belt will increased damage of bearing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car speedometer is fluctuating... any cure??? it keeps fluctuate when below 60... after 60 then it's consider ok but still move a little bit. Last time I got nothing one... wat happened??? recently I got battery problem... could it possibly be that??? help me out
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience