hairline crack on chasis

Jul 19, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all,

i recently found a hairline crack on the chassis of the skyline that i was looking to purchase, what is your input on this?

a quick search on google says that its a common problem for "older" cars and can be fixed easily.

the mechanic seems to have the opinion that the crack is nothing and the chassis is in good condition.

Therefore, i'm puzzled by this finding. any input? Thanks in advance.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well....the crack shows fatigue on old cars...
if it isn;t sever can use UR various bars to compensate and restrenghten the cracked area...

if severe then the car might end up twisted so better go find another car or just use it for motorsport where rollcage was installed and chasiss spotwelding was done.... :adore:

because both later solution was NOT ROAD LEGAL :driver:

qwerty2

Jul 19, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

Well, after much clarification, it may or may not be the case due to the parties involved.
All in all, the seller couldnt pass puspakom test and there isnt a clear explanation from the seller to me as to why it failed.

From what i can gather, it revolves around hairline crack on chasis, some kinda welding, engine bay respray and if the car is actually legal. With regards to why puspakom failed, i'm still unsure. hence my vague question. Thanks.

p.s. yes i tried to arrange to go to puspakom with the seller but it takes 2 hands to clap.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
puspakom is a good choice to ensure everything is fine.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
this is a tall-tale sign that the car's chassis has been stressed, thus the crack showing up. Do check area under the car too.....in case there are more cracks....

No point buying or modding the car with tonnes of money, if the chassis is already a weak platform

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if the puspakom test is failed, and there is hairline cracked.

most probably remarks at puspakom report will be " Casis disyaki diganggu" and puspakom will direct you to the JPJ Technical department to further inspection.

if jpj inspection passed, mean puspakom wil be pass too.....

if jpj inspection failed, mean the registration card will be blacklisted or tear off.....

the car is not legal on road anymore

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Local Models

Blue price: height adjustable kit (hi-lo), spring rates of your choice, for ultimate tunablity, be it street sport or all out racing.

Red price: fixed spring seat, using your stock springs, for the ultimate in comfort. An Original Equipment compatible replacement.
(usually for Family...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience