tyre cracks

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifus,

wanna ask how long the tyre still can be used if the tyre currently have the cracks as per the picture i attached? coz im worried it will burst.. i bought the car 2nd hand and i requested to change tyre but the dealer change such tyre for me.. KNN

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dealers will be dealers. This type of crack won't burst, probably leak air gradually which is just as bad. Better off just changing yourself

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi all sifus,

wanna ask how long the tyre still can be used if the tyre currently have the cracks as per the picture i attached? coz im worried it will burst.. i bought the car 2nd hand and i requested to change tyre but the dealer change such tyre for me.. KNN
For them to crack this way, must be pretty old already. Check the manufacturing date on the sidewall. If 4 years or more better change them. This is because the rubber compound have harden and traction is pretty bad already.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The tyre wont burst judging from the crack condition. Honestly, tyre dont simply burst, unless it has been prolonged stressed and overheat, like overloading of a lorry.

Anyway, for safety first and peace of mind, best to change the tyres.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The tyre wont burst judging from the crack condition. Honestly, tyre dont simply burst, unless it has been prolonged stressed and overheat, like overloading of a lorry.

Anyway, for safety first and peace of mind, best to change the tyres.
These type of crack in pattern grooves is still safe, but if appears on the sidewall and with tyre flex can still burst

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys and Sifu's !:itsme:

can anyone tell me any good modification shop in Kuching, example:

1. a good SC with reliable price.
2. selling parts like Works Engineering and so on.

hope that you guys can help me, been looking for this kind of shop.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience