Correct Tyre Pressure for Proton / Perodua Owners

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sid7184

Known Member
Oct 10, 2005
Hey,

i'm just wondering, if someone could tell me the correct tyre pressure for me, as i'm driving wira 1.5, using 185/65/14 tyre. In fact, maybe we can have a list or table for all types of proton & perodua with different types of tyre size, probably like this:

Car Tyre Size Correct tyre pressure
Wira 1.5 185/65/14 xxxKPA / xxxPSI
Wira 1.5 195/55/15 xxx/KPA / xxxPSI

this is just a suggestion anyway. because i came accross one website (www.thetyrepressuremonitor.com) which clearly state what is the correct tyre pressure for most of the cars in this world (except for proton & perodua), as proton and perodua only provide the standard tyre pressure for standard rims/tyres only. I believe this could be very helpful and could save a lot of lives as under inflate or over inflate could be fatal.

thanx.

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Ermm,for Proton cars,they do have a note on the driver's door when you open the door which states everything which you are required to know about the tyres right?

Afiez

Oct 3, 2006
tyres should be ok and comfortable if u pump about 210 (kpa?).
mine says pump about 240 if going over 160km/h.
pump 280 and u got good fc and sacrifising comfort a lot.
pump more than that in malaysia and prepare for a new tyre
pump less then 180 u got yourself very comfortable tyres that tends to wear out fast when u corner hard a lot.
but then, it depends on the tyre besides the sizes,
i know my 165/60/13 falken ziex had better comfort, grip and fc then silverstone 1800 same size in my previos kancil, despite being pumped 240 (kpa? psi? forgot la).

sid7184

Known Member
Oct 10, 2005
Y a k u Z a said:
Ermm,for Proton cars,they do have a note on the driver's door when you open the door which states everything which you are required to know about the tyres right?

it's true yakuza. but the thing is, that is for standard rim / tyre (175/70/13). what if u change to rim 14 or 15 or 16? does that stil applicable to the new rims / tyres? i pumped in 210kpa to my 185/65/14 tyres, but it looks like the tyres are under inflate. and the tyres didnt seem to grip that much. now i pumped in 240 kpa, and my car feels a little lighter..and the grip also much better now..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari Classiche recently took delivery of one of the more interesting cars ever to leave the factory – a 275 GTB4 that originally belonged to legendary American star, Steve McQueen who took delivery of the car in San Francisco when he was on the set filming Bullitt.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/oRvESyo-E5M?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience