Paint Correction : Perodua Kenari Done Right.

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Today, we would like to share with you this very special detailing session we did for this Perodua Kenari. We want to show you that it doesn't matter what you drive, how expensive is the car, how high end is the car, at the end of the day, protection is a must and when there is less to no protection over the past 10 years, this is what you get.

Upon arrival, we can clearly see that the car, although more than 10 years old, still looks spanking new and shiny.

Since it was raining, we took initiative of the situation to show you the protection level. The water beadings on the paint clearly indicates that there is no wax or any sealant on the paint.

The car may be more than 10 year old, still looks shiny, but after some inspection, we concluded that in the life time of this car, there were some slight accidents, some repaints, and some polishing done over the years.

With a DSLR, we snap high quality photos, again clearly indication the swirl and scratch level on the paint.

Some areas were severely oxidized. Added on PU/ABS/FRP body parts tend to oxidize quicker than the metal parts.

Most detailers will not take not of the taillights, we do.

The standard paint cleaning was done. From washing, degreasing, claying, stain removals, and watermark removals. We were able to get the car to a much better condition. We begin the paint correction with the Rupes BigFoot system with the combination of 3M Menzerna polishes.
With the use of this system and polish, This is the before.

This is the after.

On another area, the same paint condition prior correction.

The paint condition after correction. You may notice on the bottom left of the light, there are still some light swirls, this is common as detailing is not a magic trick, there are risks at paint correction and sometimes not every surface can be fully restored to flawless state.

As we mentioned, we take note on the taillights as well. Before any correction, the taillights are visibly dull and oxidized, resulting in a unattractive outlook.

After the correction was done, there taillights now look much better. Again, due to the severity and age of the swirls, the taillights were unable to be restored to a 100% state.

Detailing, its all about the details, this is an exhaust tip, not even a real part of the exhaust. It is merely an add-on attachment to the exhaust muffler. This is Before.

We polished the exhaust tip with Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish to add that little bling to the finishing.

The wheels were in very good condition, besides the standard brake dust, there were less to no stains spotted.

Since only the front wheel is equipped with a disc rotor, brake dust build up is only visible in the front.

This is the wheel before cleaning.

During cleaing.

After cleaning.

This may not be the most interesting post, may not be the most executive car we post, but the true agenda we want to share is, regardless what car you drive, regardless the price tag, your car, we truly believe that as long you have the heart to protect, to care, you will have the time and effort to spend on some form of protection for your ride. PS: pardon the slight out of focus photos.

Veloc

3,000 RPM

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice work bro. You do new and old car; expensive and cheap car alike. Same loads of passion.

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Nice work bro. You do new and old car; expensive and cheap car alike. Same loads of passion.
as long im not faking it, i feel its worth it

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Like brand new. A good job well done :)

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

fazidk

3,000 RPM

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Such detailed n professional finish...this is proof a lot of time, sweat n love poured into it...kudos to u bro..

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Such detailed n professional finish...this is proof a lot of time, sweat n love poured into it...kudos to u bro..
Thanks bro! appreciate the motivating words.

Another sifu appear. Whatever polishing cannot do, this sifu can kaotim......:driver::biggrin:
lol when its a cheap car, i lagi wanna do kaw kaw, more mindf*ck when its done.

K la not sifu also, at least one of the best out there :top:
haha one of the best to people, not to myself. i still have lots of room for knowledge and skill up level.

PS: The owner's parents had so much wow, extremely impressed with my work and finally knew why roadside petrol station polishes are not as good compared to a professionally detailed one. kudos!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I'm new here but over the last 6 months of reading through this forum I have learnt alot of valuable stuff. So first off - Thanks! :)
Secondly...

I have a 96 Lancer which is a FWD chassis. I recently converted from a 1.5 to the 2nd gen (CM5A) 4g93t GSR engine.
The problem is that I need it setup for FWD. I have a Non turbo 4g93 gearbox (f5m421) which I was told would suit my setup. The gearbox bolts up fine but I cannot fit the 4g93t (pretty sure that's what it is) flywheel in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience