changes silvertop (AFM sensor) to blacktop (MAP sensor)

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi bro,
currently i just transparent my seg to silvertop engine.before i purchase swap engine, some of friends told me that silvertop parts like block and head piston....and other part on silvertop are more stiffness and harden than blacktop. therefore i choose silvertop as my transparent engine now.

right now i had been used the silvertop engine more than half an yrs. so far no problem occur right now. just a few month ago facing idle problem, but it have been solve by exchange the AFM sensor at the air filter there.

due to this reason, i have plan to swap out the AFM sensor to MAP sensor on to my silvertop.
i hope that open this thread to collect all of sifu sifu experience and advice.

besides that, below are my doubt need to ask

1. is it need to exchanges fully wiring from silvertop to blacktop wiring because of using MAP sensor system?
2. have any foreman at kl or klang valley familiar with this mod? except of exchanges all the wiring? i heard that some of sifu can maintain used back wiring silvertop and just make some modication of wiring silvertop? is it possible to do?

hope all silvertop owner and sifu sifu can give me a advice. tq

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
1. No need to change whole wiring set.
2, Any experience mechanic in 4AGE can do it for you 'easily', ask those local pple around. I'm sure there is some recommendation.

Lastly, good luck. It is a joy to have the trumpet running without any choke.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Olskool...long time no see,hehe

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

1. No need to change whole wiring set.
2, Any experience mechanic in 4AGE can do it for you 'easily', ask those local pple around. I'm sure there is some recommendation.

Lastly, good luck. It is a joy to have the trumpet running without any choke.
No need to change wiring whole set,just change ecu to stand alone,hehehe

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
thanks for all prompt action reply sifu sifu here,
i need to ask what are the part i need to prepare for this mod? how many cost will involved for this mod?
have u all having any experience after convert the afm sensor to map sensor? any attached photo for this mod silvertop engine?

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

hi sifu cuscostrutbrace,
sorry miss one more question,
if i standalone with silvertop wiring, what are the part i need to changes except like what u mentioned ecu change to blacktop, map sensor and etc.
can u describe more detail for this statement?

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Silvertop to blacktop wiring,u need ..

1.Blacktop ECU
2.Blacktop MAP sensor (or any other SEG model can be used)
3.Blacktop Air Temperature sensor (or any toyota model with similar sensor)
4.Blacktop Oxygen Sensor (engine can run with Silvertop oxygen sensor but u need blacktop oxygen sensor for complete ECU closed loop operation)

Silvertop to Stand Alone ECU,u need...

1.Stand Alone ECU (Haltech,Microtech,Adaptronic etc etc)
2.Silvertop ECU connector (If u want to do plug and play harness. If permanent ecu wire in there is no need for this)
3.MAP Sensor and Air Temperature sensor where necessary.
4.Oxygen sensor if you want to do closed loop fueling.

The cost may vary...depends on you and your luck,some got it cheap,some got it expensive,some got it for free...

I think current CHOP SHOP market price is Blacktop ecu is around RM400 for auto,RM500 for manual, MAP sensor RM80-120(or cheaper), Air temp sensor RM 50-90. USED Oxygen sensor RM100-200.

That's all i can help,also check the Toyota marketplace there is a lot of stuff for sale from forum members.

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi cuscostrutbrace and expertise sifu sifu,
y air temp sensor and oxygen sensor can't remain used back the original silvertop? is it have significant different between silvertop with blacktop? i just wanna to share my doubt and gain some knowledge on my thread on this forum only.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Silvertop oxygen sensor is different from blacktop one,but your car can run without it.

Air temp sensor for silvertop is built in inside your air flow meter,unless u don't want the airflow meter anymore in the future, you can hack the airflow meter and take the air temp sensor,save you some money.

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
icic...understands...thanks a lot...meant that used back the silvertop air flow meter only purpose for control air temp sensor.
i think perfer to exchange whole silvertop wiring and ecu. because i heard some frens said silvertop ecu have a lot of problem too...
if we used the ecu blacktop on the silvertop engine.. is it silvertop engine can gain the hp power similar with blacktop engine or higher than blacktop engine with blacktop ecu?

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Olskool...long time no see,hehe

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

No need to change wiring whole set,just change ecu to stand alone,hehehe
Yea, you should try the 20v unrestricted potential. It is a wonder till 8k. Car is ready for your ass to try .. :driver:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Feipepe;...blacktop wiring also not fully plug and play to silvertop

kmchew;...is it?....will set appt wit u soon :-)

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
ai like this thread

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
does changing to MAP system will eliminate the idling problem?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

YouTube- MyVi xcident.mp4

I found this video at Low Yat Net...MyVi Accident....

According to the tread starter, the myvi that got knock was his friend... The video was recorded by someone else who realise the vios driver was drunk by the way he was driving... so happen he recorded the accident... the guy who recorded the video pass the video to the myvi driver...

According to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience