changes silvertop (AFM sensor) to blacktop (MAP sensor)

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
suma,
i think can reduce the chances like afm meter faulty, silvertop ecu faulty common found on silvertop. due to that this afm meter faulty is also one of failure affected the idle problem.
that's after to version blacktop, there toyota maker was to changes to used map system instead of the afm was found on silvertop.

this is only my 1 cents statement...if i'm wrong pls amend it:hello:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Please allow me to share some experience :)
1) AFM will not give any problem, you just need to clean it once a while will do
2) If it is Idling probelm, clean your ISCV and the entire butterfly bypassing path, & fully service your 4-throttle
3) Yes Silvertop ECU is a crap now but it can be rebuilt to last beyond 2020. Ask me how
3) Blacktop ECU soon become a crap like Silvertop, especially the 5sp ECU. It is just a matter of time. But again, you can rebuilt it to make it run beyond 2020 too
4) I don't agreed that "Any experience mechanic in 4AGE can do it for you 'easily'". I see lots of pain from my customer's face. And myself had it too before...

So if you want something cost effective, just resolve the idling problem by looking into the root cause. If you want 8k feel and run open pod once in a blue moon, Cuscostrutbrace's offer is one of the best choice in town :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Cuscostrutbrace, good blog you have :biggrin:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Please allow me to share some experience :)
1) AFM will not give any problem, you just need to clean it once a while will do
2) If it is Idling probelm, clean your ISCV and the entire butterfly bypassing path, & fully service your 4-throttle
3) Yes Silvertop ECU is a crap now but it can be rebuilt to last beyond 2020. Ask me how
3) Blacktop ECU soon become a crap like Silvertop, especially the 5sp ECU. It is just a matter of time. But again, you can rebuilt it to make it run beyond 2020 too
4) I don't agreed that "Any experience mechanic in 4AGE can do it for you 'easily'". I see lots of pain from my customer's face. And myself had it too before...

So if you want something cost effective, just resolve the idling problem by looking into the root cause. If you want 8k feel and run open pod once in a blue moon, Cuscostrutbrace's offer is one of the best choice in town :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Cuscostrutbrace, good blog you have :biggrin:
haha...thank you,the blog just to share with my friends,and also for other people references,i think you should have a blog too,so people can see what service you have to offer and how good your work are.Let people see to believe! You can repair ecu like factory quality,why not let other ppl see your work :-).I'm improving my level of quality as well now,using automotive grade wires(as most factory use).

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi levin818 sifu, please red the red brancket question
1) AFM will not give any problem, you just need to clean it once a while will do [how does we can clean the AFM? because i never heard that its AFM can be clean. normally the mechanic said exchange the new AFM meter)
3) Yes Silvertop ECU is a crap now but it can be rebuilt to last beyond 2020. ["][how to rebuit its ecu until last beyong 2020?]
4) I don't agreed that "Any experience mechanic in 4AGE can do it for you 'easily'". I see lots of pain from my customer's face. And myself had it too before

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
haha...thank you,the blog just to share with my friends,and also for other people references,i think you should have a blog too,so people can see what service you have to offer and how good your work are.Let people see to believe! You can repair ecu like factory quality,why not let other ppl see your work :-).I'm improving my level of quality as well now,using automotive grade wires(as most factory use).
Tks for the suggestion. I have posted some photos at my zth album. Feel free to visit :)
Zerotohundred.com - levin818's Albums

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

1) how does we can clean the AFM? because i never heard that its AFM can be clean. normally the mechanic said exchange the new AFM meter
>> Just use a Carb Cleaner to cleen the AFM's flap once in 30k can do.

2) how to rebuit its ecu until last beyong 2020?
>> Due to some coponents in side the ECU already reach its lifespand, SVT ECU tends to malfunction at any time from now. Identifying and replacing those components will be able to bring back the ECU's function. By selecting a higher grade materials, the reliability of the ECU can be assure.
All my rebuilt SVT ECU will under went following test before ship to customer:
- Acceleration test
- VVT functioning test
- A/F monitoring
- RPM limit test

Hope this help.

Last edited:

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
icic...that's y levin818 look like familiar with this rebuilt ECU. i' can't believe levin818 sifu is the genius in repairing the ECU one...hehe...
one more question want to ask,
is that cut off RPM at the standard silvertop ECU can be eliminate by own? where is it location? what is the part component?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
In case you are not aware of, ECU is a life threatening item in automotive. Therefore there should not be any attemp to modifying it from its original function. It can be simple but yet it is complicated when come into details. And one that executed it has to be back up with lots of safety intention behind. Therefore, i alway insist that no open discussion on repairing and modifying the ecu at a public forum. I hope you understand this.

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi levin 818,
thankful about ur valuable message. now i understand well. if further i found any ECU faulty, u're the 1st sifu..i need to consult...thank you.

redsider

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Malacca
I found this topic is really helpful, as I just started to put stock SVT into my SE ride. If sifu levin818 was living next door, I will definitely invite him into my house for a dinner...

:adore::adore::adore:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
You are welcome bro.
Let me now how can i help on your ecu matter.

hi levin 818,
thankful about ur valuable message. now i understand well. if further i found any ECU faulty, u're the 1st sifu..i need to consult...thank you.
---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

If you have heart bungkus some Malacca chicken rice ball belanja us when visit KL next time :biggrin:

I found this topic is really helpful, as I just started to put stock SVT into my SE ride. If sifu levin818 was living next door, I will definitely invite him into my house for a dinner...

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi sifu, where should ISC pin (on silvertop) to blacktop ecu?
On blacktop aircon idling is control by ISCV but for silvertop there is another VSV. So where this VSV for aircon idling should be connected to?

Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

As I travel outstation a lot, so I'm usually out on the highways and stone chips are pretty unavoidable when we travel on highways especially at the speed we are going.

My few months old car has already obtained quite a number of stone chips on the engine hood and some on the bumper (car is black so pretty obvious white stone chip marks can be seen during day time). I was wondering if there's any product or method that can "magically" repair the paint or is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience