Kelisa changes to Offset rim

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kk9972

Known Member
Hi all,
Need your help on this.

I just change my kelisa tyre to 175/60/13 size. 13" rim with 6JJ/offset 20. The problem is the tyre is hitting my fender. Thinking to add rubber for my coil spring to boost my car body higher.

My question : is it the only solution?

Thanks you so much in advance.

you can also knock your fender.

kk9972 said:
Hi all,
Need your help on this.

I just change my kelisa tyre to 175/60/13 size. 13" rim with 6JJ/offset 20. The problem is the tyre is hitting my fender. Thinking to add rubber for my coil spring to boost my car body higher.

My question : is it the only solution?

Thanks you so much in advance.
tried that with my car, although not kelisa. regreted it cuz car very unstable at times. do what lopot said, knock out your fender and have a wide one custom made from fiberglass.

yea i agree with u...knock the fender...if u add the rubber stopper...its for the rear only..it'll only makes things worst.....here king there kong...it'll be very noisy...

Thanks for all the reply at the first place.
I don't think that I'm going to knock my fender....
Anyway, what is the consequence of adding rubber to boost car higher?

Please advice... Thanks you.

kk9972 said:
Thanks for all the reply at the first place.
I don't think that I'm going to knock my fender....
Anyway, what is the consequence of adding rubber to boost car higher?

Please advice... Thanks you.
-make funny noise after a while
-car not balance
-sometime feel like the car is floating, expecially going fast
-corner car feel like wan flip only
-if raise rear only like me my car oversteer alot, especially during raining, spin out alot of time, unless you get used to it like me now, as long as you don't panic its okay, can recover one.
-friends go "ZOMG WHY YOUR CAR SO HIGH?"

here's my advice:
-if you don't drive fast (never go over the speed limit) and corner slow and smooth, or basically drive like a 50 year old auntie, go ahead, higher car = easier to get up and down from teh car too.
-if not, there's a chance that you will regret it like i am, thinking that it might be better just to let the tire scratch the fender.
-if you don't want either, sell teh rim and get one with correct offset. FF cars usually should go with high positive offset. I'm using 13x6.5jj -10 offset XD

Last edited:
Hi rollakid,
Thanks for the advice. I just get the rim...and new tyre... so, now never think to spend another money for my car.
Anyway, thanks. =)

Hi all,
Yesterday just went to change another rim. Now this time the rim size is 13" and 5.5 JJ. Tyre still the same with 175/60/13. Still seeing that the rim has small offset. If loaded with 5 persons in the car, may hit fender as well... But very small offset only.
Hehe... this time the rim I got is Enkei rim. Although quite cheap, but one thing for sure this rim is hard to out-of-shape, cause too hard!

kelisa loded with 5 person sure tyre hit the fender 1 hehehe

kelvio said:
kelisa loded with 5 person sure tyre hit the fender 1 hehehe

Really? You means that kelisa with original rim and tyre can hit fender as well?????

Hi all,
Just want to share with you guys after drove my car for few days past.
With 175/60/13 tyre, although power could lose abit, but not going to realize unless you really have a very sensitive feeling. One thing I gained from this setting, long distance and high speed traveling is very smooth and when overtake big size vehicle such as bus and truck, the car wouldn't shake or like being absorb into by those big size vehicle. I feel no regret with this setting. But only one thing is bothering me now... Still that my rim having small offset... if carry more than 2 persons, the tyre will hit the fender. Thinking to knock my fender now. Still I need some advice from you guys. I checked up and found that my rim is offset about 0.5cm to fender. Is it worth to knocker my car fender or is it any better solution? I "know" you guys may suggest to change rim... But I don't think to do so at this moment.
Please advice and thanks you in advance.

im using a 175/50/15 NCT5 tyres on my kenari...
my rim offset is 25, 6.5" wide...
at first, my tyre will hit my fender all the time although im using sport springs and hard abs(Improve)....

what i did was use "kancil lower coil rubber" and "kembara uppper coil rubber" for my rear spring (RSR Ti2000)...

for the front, i use MYVI spring and abs(cos my engine is 1.3=heavy)...but for u, just use standard spring but get a harder shox(Improve/GAB etc)

never hit fender , eventhough i bring 3 adult male at the back...

to the naked eye, it looks like standard height la cos the gap between the tyres and the arch is not really far apart...can fit 3 fingers ngam ngam ... only that the wheels are bigger... to make it look more normal, install a side skirt ...

no ketuk fender at all, but im sure kelisa fender are more spacious than kenari, specially the front side..

Last edited:
next week, i'll post up my frens kelisa pics who is using 175/50/15 offset 19 and 6.5" wide rims... but he never face fender problems...

standard height ROCKS!!! ehehe.... ease of mind when driving over bumps and slopes... just make sure ur abs are hard enuf...

stroker_kit said:
im using a 175/50/15 NCT5 tyres on my kenari...
my rim offset is 25, 6.5" wide...
at first, my tyre will hit my fender all the time although im using sport springs and hard abs(Improve)....

what i did was use "kancil lower coil rubber" and "kembara uppper coil rubber" for my rear spring (RSR Ti2000)...

for the front, i use MYVI spring and abs....

never hit fender , eventhough i bring 3 adult male at the back...

to the naked eye, it looks like standard height la cos the gap between the tyres and the arch is not really far apart...can fit 3 fingers ngam ngam ... only that the wheels are bigger... to make it look more normal, install a side skirt ...

no ketuk fender at all, but im sure kelisa fender are more spacious than kenari, specially the front side..

Hi Stroker_kit,
Just curious, some forumer claims that adding coil rubber will cause to unstable ride. Does your car feeling that way too? Please tell me if it is really the true. And I'm planning to knock fender. From your point of view, is it worth to do so? Please advice.

ReQUote from Stroker_kit said:

em... for this statement, I don't know how to re-state it. But just to tell the fact that I faced now is I can hit rear fender if I loaded my car more than 2 persons. And front fender is kind of hard to hit because of the spacious like you said and more harder suspension used by perodua to eliminate lifting-up. I would hit the front fender only if I lower my front suspension.

Again, I just check my rear fender and my tyre hitting point diameter. It is about 0.5CM.

last time, my case was even worse...no passenger also hit fender when i go over uneven roads/bumps...

my suggestion is,
-try to use harder shox(gas type)...if still kena,
-add thicker coil rubber(taken from kancil and kembara)... if still kena,
-use harder spring.

the unstable feeling might be due to the extra height u get when u use thicker coil rubber... not becos of the rubber itself... sometimes, its just psychological effect.....so, to overcome the higher centre of gravity, u must use harder shox and harder springs.... trust me, its like driving a standard MYVI...syok.... although the spring is hard, most of the vibrations will be absorb by the thicker rubber...handling will can be improved too....

for me, knock fender is not worth it la.. try to use thicker coil rubber first... rm10 a side only maa... lower use kancil, upper use kembara...

Last edited:
stroker_kit said:
last time, my case was even worse...no passenger also hit fender when i go over uneven roads/bumps...

my suggestion is,
-try to use harder shox(gas type)...if still kena,
-add thicker coil rubber(taken from kancil and kembara)... if still kena,
-use harder spring.

the unstable feeling might be due to the extra height u get when u use thicker coil rubber... not becos of the rubber itself... sometimes, its just psychological effect.....so, to overcome the higher centre of gravity, u must use harder shox and harder springs.... trust me, its like driving a standard MYVI...syok.... although the spring is hard, most of the vibrations will be absorb by the thicker rubber...handling will can be improved too....

for me, knock fender is not worth it la.. try to use thicker coil rubber first... rm10 a side only maa... lower use kancil, upper use kembara...

I got the ideal. Thanks you so much stroker_kit. Remember to post your friend's kelisa picture, okay? I want to see how "offset" the car is~~hehe~~ :shades_smile:

hhehe...u'll be surprised one, i tell u...
the 6.5" rim offset is less than 20, then he add some custom spacer 20mm cos the rim pcd is 114 need to fit onto 100.. its an old school WORK EWING rims...for me, its a really really cool rim design..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom