silvertop timing belt kit complete set

feipepe

May 12, 2010
balakong
hi to everyone sifoo 4age silvertop,
currently my car was transparent around 3 yrs to silvertop hearts 4age.it times need to changes the timing belt kits. i have searching around web. it look that without any info to get the full complete set timing belt kits within malaysia market.
as what i meant full set complete kits here included the TIMING BELT, BELT TENSIONER, IDLER AND OIL SEAL as well.
due to this issue, below are some question or optional need to for those sifoo 4AGE silvertop get advice and spend a useful experience to share everyone silvertop users.

1) how does to get this full set complete timing belt kits for silvertop?
2) is that TIMING BELT, BELT TENSIONER, IDLER AND OIL SEAL for the blacktop version can be similar to used? have any sifoo tried this before? have any modification to do?
3)or changes the top head block to blacktop version for fullfill the timing belt kit? is it just PNP through silvertop block? any ideal?

feipepe

May 12, 2010
balakong
hi sifoo IKeong88,
i had been ask the foremen in which help me to make transparent my 4age hearts. but he mention that last time during my transparent he also used blacktop timing belt kits.after i visit and research at other forum, there is dissimiliar timing belt kit with silvertop.
now i just wonder that blacktop timing belt are comfort n suitable used in my silvertop too.
so far now nothing happen.

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
i think it's the same belt..

BT & SVT only difference is in :

- intake manifold
- MAP for BT & AFM for SVT
- piston
- conrod
- computer box (of coz)
- (any1 wanna add?) :biggrin:

the rest i think is the same..

p/s : english lesson
transparent = lutsinar
transplant = moving a thing to another location

:wink:

feipepe

May 12, 2010
balakong
Hehe,mr zul i know my english bad.thanks for advice.
If not mistake,mr zul also used silvertop right?then did u even to change timing belt kits before?what brand timing belt part using?

Remark:timing belt kits as what i mention here only not timing belt. Is included belt tensioner,idler and oil seal parts.

lkeong88

Nov 1, 2009
No you cannot use Blacktop belt on silvertop. If I am not mistaken its different by 1 tooth. Last time I went to buy blacktop timing belt set, they gave me silvertop 1 (then I exchange) so I can confirm spare parts shop is selling both.

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
No you cannot use Blacktop belt on silvertop. If I am not mistaken its different by 1 tooth. Last time I went to buy blacktop timing belt set, they gave me silvertop 1 (then I exchange) so I can confirm spare parts shop is selling both.
oh.. like that ..

it's good to know.. that shows that my knowledge is still limited :biggrin:

if i were to put a BT head onto my SVT engine, should i use BT belt or SVT one? :confused:

this is for my future upgrade :wink:

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
yup, SVT extra 1 tooth @ 111 teeth. BT only 110 teeth.

BT uses hydraulic tensioner while SVT uses spring tensioner.

oil seals should be the same.

and what is idler??? i think tensioner = idler?

feipepe

May 12, 2010
balakong
Thanks for all sifoo reply,
so that did u all have any recommend spare part for to buy all the part silvertop within area klang valley?except wing hin jln loke yew?
CAn contribute to junior 4age 20v:itsme:

lkeong88

Nov 1, 2009
Vanli Auto at Jalan Ipoh is 1 of them

Another is
Fortune Auto Parts Supply, Taman Paramount P.J (03-78771780)

Then there is PH Auto at Sea park

Also this is the contact that Aisin Asia gave me for their dealer in Malaysia, they carry Toyota and Aisin Spare parts:

Teng Sun Auto Supply Sdn Bhd
No. 25-29, Jalan DBP 1,
Dolomite Business Park,
68100 Batu Caves,
Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: 03-6186 2222
Fax: 03-6188 0390/96/97/98

feipepe

May 12, 2010
balakong
Thanks for sifoo ikeong88 contribute so useful detail. May i know r u also silvertop engine owner

feipepe

May 12, 2010
balakong
due to i'm using silvertop, let me make a assumption if i changes cam pulley silvertop to adjustable cam pully etc like toda cam adjustable pulley, therefore what type of timing belt can be used? silvertop or blacktop type? or aftermarket type?.

feipepe

May 12, 2010
balakong
due to i'm using silvertop, let me make a assumption if i changes cam pulley silvertop to adjustable cam pully etc like toda cam adjustable pulley, therefore what type of timing belt can be used? silvertop or blacktop type? or aftermarket type?.
hihi expert sifoo,
please share because my millage wanna to reach max limit of 70k liao...may be changes timing belt and also changes the adjustable pulley together..plzzzzzzzzz:adore:

Hi Sifu,

Please throw some light on me as I don't understand how "ignition coil" convert voltage. Let's say:-

1. Power input is 12vdc, coil ratio is 100:1 but the ignition coil output becomes about 24kv.

2. CDI output of 350vdc is sent to the input of ignition coil with 100:1 ratio but the ignition coil output becomes about 50kv.

Regards.