silvertop timing belt kit complete set

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
errrr bro...i dont meant to be rude...but you are taking the wrong route by changing the pulley just to use bt timing belt on your st...timing belt for both st and bt readily available...in fact i just bought one last week (bought @jalan ipoh)...and the guy at the shop gave both st and bt timing belt for me to tengok tengok first...it is not as hard as you think...

just now...bought the hydraulic tensioner...the shop i go earlier ask for a sample first so went to another shop...and walla they got stock...maybe you have to jalan jalan at spare part shop abit...but i'm using bt so i cant share the part no with you...for obvious reason...

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
errrr bro...i dont meant to be rude...but you are taking the wrong route by changing the pulley just to use bt timing belt on your st...timing belt for both st and bt readily available...in fact i just bought one last week (bought @jalan ipoh)...and the guy at the shop gave both st and bt timing belt for me to tengok tengok first...it is not as hard as you think...

just now...bought the hydraulic tensioner...the shop i go earlier ask for a sample first so went to another shop...and walla they got stock...maybe you have to jalan jalan at spare part shop abit...but i'm using bt so i cant share the part no with you...for obvious reason...
bro bera,
thanks for ur advice, just wanna to know u meant jln ipoh spare part shop. did u have full address detail.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
dont know the exact add...damn where is the resit when i need it (will update once i found the resit)... but do a search on google maps "ah hong motor"...its jalan sentul off jalan ipoh...

if you from mahameru highway from putra world trade center heading towards bulatan pahang...turn left at grand pacific hotel (underpass)...then first traffic light turn right..you can see one maybank branch on your right...the shop is on your right around 200 - 300 m from the junction...it is in the same row with a motorcycle shop...only two shop there...but better go there with a friend...it a bitch to park your car there...

hope this help...and price wise...i paid rm 130 for mine...if you feel expensive...then dont go there...hehehe...

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
you can try it...as long as correct spec (correct tooth)...this one i think have better durability...but it wont be as cheap as the oem toyota...how much is this anyway...??

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
bro bera,
as u said...i need to ask the spare part boss...see this timing belt have how many tooth is it? then silvertop timing belt is 110 pcs tooth rite. then how to check by self inspect about the tooth? did u have any ideal?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Last time I bought SVT belt for RM180 if not mistaken. Just bought at neighborhood spare part shop.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
bro bera,
as u said...i need to ask the spare part boss...see this timing belt have how many tooth is it? then silvertop timing belt is 110 pcs tooth rite. then how to check by self inspect about the tooth? did u have any ideal?
nope...bt 110 tooth...st is 111...here a pic of mine...as you can see "110RU21" printed...yours should be printed 111...

Attachments

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
nope...bt 110 tooth...st is 111...here a pic of mine...as you can see "110RU21" printed...yours should be printed 111...
oooic...thanks a lot bro bera,:adore::adore:
i understand well...then what kind of brand for ur timing belt shown in photo? is it original toyota 4age 20v? or just OEM product?

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Last time I bought SVT belt for RM180 if not mistaken. Just bought at neighborhood spare part shop.
bro mekimi,
as u mentioned neigborhood spare part is under which area? did u have address detail?:adore:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
no problem...i'm just helping...who knows one day you'll be helping me... :wavey:

the one shown is original toyota replacement part or oem...
the mudah.my link you give earlier falls into aftermarket category...same as toda, trd etc...which most of the time is pricey...

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
bro mekimi,
as u mentioned neigborhood spare part is under which area? did u have address detail?:adore:
The shop located at Puchong Intan

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
I'm not sure it is original toyota or OEM one. But I got this sticker label which came together with the belt.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
OEM means "original equipment from manufacturer"...so anything original replacement parts from toyota is OEM...it is the same thing...dont get confused... :)

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
bro bera,mekimi,
thanks a lot about u all keep upload such useful info. it look like malaysia aftermarket have so many ready stock available then now i not quick worry about timing belt shortage.
thanks a lot. will be update once i purchase the timing belt kit

besides that, during u all changes timing belt. did u all have changes the part like timing belt tensioner pully,oil seal etc for ur 4age engine?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My evo have convert all to stock.
when i drive ganas or known as insane people,after boost i release my gas pedal white smoke come out like behind car cannot see my car=_='' and my oil catch tank will come out come oil....
when idle or slow drive nothing happen.
HELP ME PLS ! :'(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience