Changed VQ30 to VQ25

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
mine with quite a bit of carbon built up visible from oil cap, but i went for short oil change and it's improving after a few changes

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Hi Guys...

I am planning to transplant for my VQ30 engine to a VQ25DET... Is it a straight forward plug & play conversion and could you guys recommend me a competent workshops to do the transplant. TQ!!
There are a few members here did it already. Not too straight forward as one think though.
Can always go to Lee in USJ 11 or try the chopshop near the sungai besi airport. (next to the wan tan mee shop. Lorong 3 i think)

Dig the thread a bit and you'll find.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Won't work unless you have deep pocket. Not a straight forward project . Its a frankenstein project.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
I wonder if you have ever look at the engine hood of A32 with VQ. is bloody pack.

You can only use the outer 3 exhaust outlet to drive the turbine, not the 6 exhaust outlet cause the firewall will block the turbine. Well unless you hack the firewall, and do lots of custom piping including relocating all the current engine mount, electrical, a/c, and hell lots. of things to do.

Is cheaper to get a supercharge. Buy a used super charged from US, there was a company making supercharger for A32 (Maxima) in US, but stop already.

Alternative, drop a 3.5L instant 280hp.

E.g. FS: BOLT ON READY VQ30 supercharger kit + MANY extras. 100% RELIABLE FULL KIT

kelfo

Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
Bukit Bintang
Visit site
There are a few members here did it already. Not too straight forward as one think though.
Can always go to Lee in USJ 11 or try the chopshop near the sungai besi airport. (next to the wan tan mee shop. Lorong 3 i think)

Dig the thread a bit and you'll find.
Its great to know at least there are a few 25DEts users around...

I have the budget to finish this project...

Perhaps if you could direct me to the right workshop with the correct expertise in this type of conversion... I would not wanna waste time on trial & error.

kelfo

Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
Bukit Bintang
Visit site
Also this one.

Surging/Hesitation at WOT - Maxima Forums

Maxima is a good place to start if you have the $$$ resources. Don't bother looking at local mechanic shop, i don't think you can find anyone with VQ turboing experience.
Many Thx Weikee...

Its a great place to start...

Now I still need some humble workshops to start on my project car...

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
If you have 15k - 20k to start, many workshop will want to do it :)

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
depend where you start, if you want all new internal all got to be imported, it may end up 30k or more. If you take the stagea 1/2 cut you can only use the internal and not the engine unless you drill back all the mount and rewire the engine harness cause is a RWD. Then again is a pre order 1/2 cut i only see one before. Most stagea 1/2 cut go to AU and NZ.

You need to do your homework before starting. Maxima is a good place to start.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got a Carvox CX-990 ( aka Radiostar King-Eagle ) 2 way lcd alarm a 2 month ago. I got it installed and it was working fine. Now it got cold the remote starter will not start. It only starts when the engine is warm. What happens wile the engine is cold is: it will crank for a second and shutoff and siren goes off at that time.
I got the system on ebay and got it professionally installed all together $300+
I took it back to the shop they checked and rechecked all connections for 2hr...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience