Carvox CX-990 aka Radiostar King-Eagle cold start problem

viptime

Dec 9, 2005
I got a Carvox CX-990 ( aka Radiostar King-Eagle ) 2 way lcd alarm a 2 month ago. I got it installed and it was working fine. Now it got cold the remote starter will not start. It only starts when the engine is warm. What happens wile the engine is cold is: it will crank for a second and shutoff and siren goes off at that time.
I got the system on ebay and got it professionally installed all together $300+
I took it back to the shop they checked and rechecked all connections for 2hr
What can i do? Please help
Tank you
viptime

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi viptime,

Please contact your seller at ebay. Carvox is not radiostar. WE can't help you much.

It would be good to speak to the installer too to find out how did he install the remote start module. Find out whether he tap to engine RPM or Oil pressure. Try both ways.

viptime

Dec 9, 2005
CARVOX CX-990 Radiostar King Eagle car alarm Review is Junk

CARVOX CX-990 Radiostar King Eagle car alarm Review is Junk
Cavox and and radiostar is same thing and it is Junk just look at the wabsite http://www.carvox.net
I emailed carvox and they told me that the main unit is bad and to contact this guy who will not email back and now nether dose carvox.
CRAPVOX did not start in a cold. Would you buy air conditioner that only works in the winter or heater that works only when the temp is above 100F? this alarms starter falls in to the same category. The remotes are so cheaply made that antenna fell of after a week. This alarm is cheep Chinese garbage.
I took this crap out and installed a Compuster 2WSS-AS. Compustar it top of the line alarm 6000ft range . don’t waist our money with this cheep china crap
. :mad:

Last edited:

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Hi there,

Its very unfortunate that your CARVOX caused you so much headache.

But bro please bear in mind you purchase this product off the net and the person whom you bought from is unrealiable. Over here we do not practice such inconsiderate business dealings.

Our customers get what they want and get a replacement when needed. We service our customers directly and there's is a face to whom they deal with.

You opinions are appreciated but I feel that it should be a forum where e-bay buyers are involved.

Great to you have found a product that suits your taste and hopes that it works well for you.

Dec 10, 2005
Radiostar and Carvox are same just different name

I have three of these systems. Two named radiostar and one named carvox. They all worked great in the summer and now in the winter in Minnesota all three will no longer start and instead sets off the alarm. On warm days they work, cold days they do not. I believe the internal relays are not good enough to work in cold weather. So since I have been unable to find any support or supplier willing to stand by their product I have had to remove all three and put in a different system for these clients. I want someone to come out of hiding and be a man enough to offer replacement or refund the system cost.

Ryan
[email protected]

viptime

Dec 9, 2005
CrapVox and RadioShit

There is no winter in Malaria thy should sell this crap to Africa the heater will work perfect there. CrapVox and RadioShit are same thing. You should see all the people who got a problem this thing on www.the12volt.com :thumpdown

Spoon DC5 II

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Bedok
hmmm
probably is the same person who use 2 IDs and post ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari and Lamborghini will always be archrivals as long as they exist in the motoring world, and they had actually engaged in a silent power race between each other for quite some time. For example, when Lamborghini came up with the new Gallardo, it has 560 horsepower in its disposal which not long after that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience