Carburetor Section

gmt

Oct 7, 2008
I hear a mechanic said there's no reason to open the carb up for cleaning cos there's nothing to clean . Is it true ? can the aisan carb be opened up and clean ?
My carb problem for now is when stop driving for one or two days , when start and wait until the engine warm the car rpm will go up and down and when using too much electricity the car will also do that .
really confused dont know which one is faulty the carb or the electrical parts ..............

the car seems smooth after the mec. change the old (but untouch still with the protective cap on) oil adjustment screw and said now the oil needle is at original position . at first the car is smooth but after one or two day the problem start again the rpm going up and down again .

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ur mechanic talk crap ahh.... why nothing to clean... ur carburetor is sucking air... even if u using air filter, there will be tiny bit of dirt build up inside over the years... when the dirt gets more n more, it will clog up the air jet inside.... causing ur engine to jerk and so on....

Bump: ur mechanic talk crap ahh.... why nothing to clean... ur carburetor is sucking air... even if u using air filter, there will be tiny bit of dirt build up inside over the years... when the dirt gets more n more, it will clog up the air jet inside.... causing ur engine to jerk and so on....

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
maybe your mechanic is too lazy to layan carb anymore coz nowaday most of the car use efi...:thefinger::hmmmm:

Bump: maybe your mechanic is too lazy to layan carb anymore coz nowaday most of the car use efi...:thefinger::hmmmm:

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
guys, anybody know where got a good tuner for weber DCOE?

Bump: guys, anybody know where got a good tuner for weber DCOE?

angelic_ryder

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
bro skywalker,
wat do u mean by float inside damaged? does this mean i need 2 change the carb??

reading through the threads, i realize v can replace a carb wif weber.. wud like to noe if anyone got use weber for toyota 4af engine.. wud like some feedback.. do i need 2 strengthen the internals and can d engine take d torture of weber? besides the weber and manifold wat else is needed?

Finally, is it a worth while investment?? cuz from wat i read from the threads, weber is truly fun...

P:S looking towards a DCNF or DGAV (correct me if im wrong ) cuz i heard DCOE is more 4 track application. thank u.

Bump: bro skywalker,
wat do u mean by the float inside damaged? does tat mean i hav 2 replace d carb??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
bro skywalker,
wat do u mean by float inside damaged? does this mean i need 2 change the carb??

reading through the threads, i realize v can replace a carb wif weber.. wud like to noe if anyone got use weber for toyota 4af engine.. wud like some feedback.. do i need 2 strengthen the internals and can d engine take d torture of weber? besides the weber and manifold wat else is needed?

Finally, is it a worth while investment?? cuz from wat i read from the threads, weber is truly fun...

P:S looking towards a DCNF or DGAV (correct me if im wrong ) cuz i heard DCOE is more 4 track application. thank u.

Bump: bro skywalker,
wat do u mean by the float inside damaged? does tat mean i hav 2 replace d carb??

i'm not sure if ur carburetor float is repairable... float in the carb is a thing dat controls the carb from overflowing with petrol.... it has a pre-filled fuel section which has a float to prevent it from overflow.... this part is needed so ur fuel jet has constant supply of fuel....

yes... all carburetor engine can use weber carburetor... its jz swapping in another carburetor, TUNE IT, and off u go... well, of coz it is much more complicated than it looks...

first and foremost, u need to find approx the right size carburetor for ur engine displacement... second, u need to fabricate the adaptor which fits ur carburetor to ur intake manifold.... third and the most important, fine tuning it so it will work well with ur engine so much so it will give reasonable horsepower and fuel consumption....

for most single downdraft carburetors application (applies for weber, solex, mikuni, aisan, etc...) u dont need to replace ur intake manifold as most oem intake manifold is designed for downdraft carbs....

but if u wanna fit a sidedraft twin dcoe weber in ur engine, u need to change the intake manifold....

more commonly, single weber (dcnf or dgv) is good for street use.... of coz twin weber dcoe can also be applied to street cars.... jz that single weber is less forgiving and offers better fuel consumption compare to twin carbs.... not to mention, single carb is alwiz cheaper than twin carbs...

mivec4g63T

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
The 4G91 Carb actually is a feedback carb which is controlled by ECM and o2 sensor. So it's not easy to tune it properly without the ECM and sensor, the only thing can be done is using a rpm relay to trigger the secondary solenoid at certain rpm to provide more fuel in AFR. If tuned properly it's performance and fc is better than the ori proton carb.:stupid:

angelic_ryder

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
bro skywalker and bro propipping,
thanks 4 d advice again..... everyone here has truly been a big help...

another noob question here.. wats d difference btwn DCNF and DGV? DCNF is 40 and DGV is 32/36.. tats wat i found out in the internet but am really confuse.. wat are d numbers and how does it affect performance? wats the market price 4 DCNF and DGV? thank u...

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
The number code in Weber Carb is actually the venturi/choke size in mm. The bigger the size the more volume of fuel can goes in, but bigger doesnt always better, bigger venturi also need more suction power/higher rpm to vaporise the fuel, so it depends on your applications.

As for DGV 32/36, this model called progressive carb, it has 2 venturi/choke, primary is 32mm and secondary 36mm, have 2 sets of jetting as well, so you can tune it more versatile, this model giving good balance in fuel economy and power.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
any turbo kit available for carburator??? for 4g15 magma
no...

another noob question here.. wats d difference btwn DCNF and DGV? DCNF is 40 and DGV is 32/36.. tats wat i found out in the internet but am really confuse.. wat are d numbers and how does it affect performance? wats the market price 4 DCNF and DGV? thank u...
ayell sifoo answer u adi....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I would like to ask is there any workshop which can provide good quality of car service in Butterworth area as I'm new here. I need to find a place to service my car.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience