Carburetor Section

Plaster

Oct 9, 2008
bro i'm not sure if i'm correct but mayb its not ur carb problem,mayb its ur thermostat..try 2 check if functioning properly..thermostat closes the cooling flow during cold starting,when reach the normal operating temperature then thermostat will open again..
I dun have thermostat.. already remove.... long time ago...Is that the problem>>>???

nas85

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
just want to ask what model is this weber.own it but never know what model.:stupid: and is it better than wira/iswara carb?? thanks..sorry if post in wrong section..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
just want to ask what model is this weber.own it but never know what model.:stupid: and is it better than wira/iswara carb?? thanks..sorry if post in wrong section..
32/36 weber dgv 5a

my previous weber...:love:

given proper tuning, yes it is better than standard carb performance wise.... but without autochoke, early morning start engine damn difficult.... haha....

u only enjoy the fun when ur car warms up already.... with proper throttle pedal control, it is really a fun carb, especially cruising highway....

edit: ehh wait, ur model seems to have autochoke... not sure though... check with ur mechanic (if he knows la)....

Last edited:

gmt

Oct 7, 2008
HI,
my iswara lmst rpm going up and down and engine vibrate not running smoothly like misfire like that , it can't be tuned.
when start the car the digital petrol meter showing one or two bar and after awhile it goes full.
first of all let say the sensor for the petrol is in good condition what else could cause the meter showing inaccurately ? could it be any pump or any thing that control the pressure that is malfunction or is the carburetor fault ?
secondly , I hear a mechanic said in my carb there's a cap that lock the "oil needle" adjustment is already open and someone already tune it the wrong way and it can't be tune back anymore and also he pull out a tube connecting to the air filter and block it after that the rpm and engine seems more stable . unfortunatly after afew days without driving the problem still happen .
anyone expert here know how to solve these problems ?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
HI,
my iswara lmst rpm going up and down and engine vibrate not running smoothly like misfire like that , it can't be tuned.
when start the car the digital petrol meter showing one or two bar and after awhile it goes full.
first of all let say the sensor for the petrol is in good condition what else could cause the meter showing inaccurately ? could it be any pump or any thing that control the pressure that is malfunction or is the carburetor fault ?
secondly , I hear a mechanic said in my carb there's a cap that lock the "oil needle" adjustment is already open and someone already tune it the wrong way and it can't be tune back anymore and also he pull out a tube connecting to the air filter and block it after that the rpm and engine seems more stable . unfortunatly after afew days without driving the problem still happen .
early morning only happen or happen all the time??... if only cold start ur rpm fluctuates, ur carburetor autochoke could be damaged.... if happen all the time, check ur sparkplugs and distributor cap...

its not the float in ur petrol tank problem... its the meter problem... heard many cases of lmst having unpredictable fuel indicator... if float problem, ur indicator only fluctuates a little especially during cornering... fuel indicator has nothing to do with carburetor as it gets the reading directly from the sensor located in the fuel tank...

ur mechanic is talking crap if he say cannot tune ur carburetor... for aisan carb (standard carb for proton), the air fuel mixture adjustment screw is located behind, jz above the location of ur fuel needle... in normal cars, u only need to tune the air fuel mixture screw... tuning the fuel needle is also possible by removing the nut (size 19 if not mistaken)... the needle is inside...
what ur mechanic mentioned about the cap is to cover the bolt... actually fuel needle can be tuned without removing the size 19 nut... jz remove the cap and screw with a ketot screwdriver... if the cap is in place and u cant remove it, use spanar size 19 to open the nut and manually adjust from inside... its the same... AND THE FACT IS THAT UR CARB IS STILL TUNEABLE....

gmt

Oct 7, 2008
Hi skywalker ,
I have sent my car to many workshops already . every mechanic told me the air is not smooth the problem is in the carburetor and non of them can tune it back .
As for the distributor ,Once I asked a workshop to change the whole distributor but after that the problem still exist and then they took it off and ask me to replace my carburetor but i didn't .
I have changed the spark plug almost everytime when I sent the car for solving this problem. I have lost count how many I have changed, so now the spark plug in my car is still new .
One strange thing about my problem is that when I changed a new battery the rpm stop going up and down or fluctuated only slightly but after afew weeks it happen again and then it goes away if I drive more often.
If I plug a fm/mp3 player at the cigarette point after awhile at traffic jam the car will turn very bad , the rpm will go up and down widely and it will stall if not stepping on the oil pedal , so I suspect alternator problem and change a new one just recently but the problem still there .
These 2 days when I start the car in the morning the rpm fluctuated slightly when the engine is cold but when it is hot or when the temp indicator showing 3 bars the rpm gong up and down again . The first day the car stall after the engine is hot the second day the car still running but the engine is not smooth and rpm going up and down .

So which part of my car is actually the culprit ?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Hi skywalker ,
I have sent my car to many workshops already . every mechanic told me the air is not smooth the problem is in the carburetor and non of them can tune it back .
As for the distributor ,Once I asked a workshop to change the whole distributor but after that the problem still exist and then they took it off and ask me to replace my carburetor but i didn't .
I have changed the spark plug almost everytime when I sent the car for solving this problem. I have lost count how many I have changed, so now the spark plug in my car is still new .
One strange thing about my problem is that when I changed a new battery the rpm stop going up and down or fluctuated only slightly but after afew weeks it happen again and then it goes away if I drive more often.
If I plug a fm/mp3 player at the cigarette point after awhile at traffic jam the car will turn very bad , the rpm will go up and down widely and it will stall if not stepping on the oil pedal , so I suspect alternator problem and change a new one just recently but the problem still there .
These 2 days when I start the car in the morning the rpm fluctuated slightly when the engine is cold but when it is hot or when the temp indicator showing 3 bars the rpm gong up and down again . The first day the car stall after the engine is hot the second day the car still running but the engine is not smooth and rpm going up and down .

So which part of my car is actually the culprit ?
try clean ur carburetor with carb cleaner... can diy if u wanna save cost.... go supermarket buy carb cleaner spray... open ur air filter with ur engine switched on... spray into the mouth of ur carburetor and rev hard... engine will choke a little... this will flush the dirt out from ur carburetor... might help a little.... check ur fuel filter as well, change if it is dirty/clogged...

as for ur distributor, ur mechanic should have changed a recond distributor for u... it is common for recond distributor to fail over time... insist in a new one if ur current one breaksdown... yes it might cost more but in return it wont break down so soon... check ur sparkplug cables as well if the connectors isnt rusted or damaged...

what alternator spec u changed??... same/smaller or bigger one??.... a bigger amp alternator might help... but if u dont wanna change one so soon, can try with voltage stabilizer and grounding cables.... check ur fuses (in the fuse box) for any defects (could still not burnt yet but might not able to transfer current efficiently)...

if temperature going up, check coolant level in BOTH radiator and coolant reservior tank.... make sure ur coolant level isnt decreasing overtime... if yes, check for any visible leaks...

good luck... :)

nas85

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
i want to sell my 32/36 weber dgv 5a but don't know how much..if interested pm me..will let go if the price is rite.condition never use before..

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
HI,
i got the same prob, wht i did is open the carb n change its diaphragm and clean the carb expecially the jetting, after tht the prob never arise fc improve frm 30cent per km to 13 cent per km, pick up dont talk la, mine is 2.6 pajero but can tapau a 3.2 trooper after clean, before want to kejar wira also cant, no need change weber summore but CAN'T BE TUNE??? there no way it is un tunedable, like my prob the diaphragm is totaled so it cant be tuned but after change it is possible to tuned, as for ur meter all proton car have tht prob at least u are ok, my gen2 ran out of petrol when the needle is at HALF :thefinger:,

gmt

Oct 7, 2008
HI traize , U open up the carb yourself ah and fix it yourself ah ? so pro ah ? I wonder how much it cost to open , change and clean the carb cost in workshop .
From the photo below A , B , C what are the purpose of adjusting them what are they controlling ?
How to tune the carb ?

Attachments

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
HI traize , U open up the carb yourself ah and fix it yourself ah ? so pro ah ? I wonder how much it cost to open , change and clean the carb cost in workshop .
From the photo below A , B , C what are the purpose of adjusting them what are they controlling ?
How to tune the carb ?
mayb this should help u better...

gmt

Oct 7, 2008
HI skywalker ,
Is that a cap protecting the screw below the air/fuel ratio screw on this photo ? Is that screw for adjusting fuel ? How to tune both the fuel and the air/fuel ratio screw back to theirs original position or to the perfect position ?
what is the big gold color nut on the left side of the air/fuel screw for ?

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
How to tune the carb ?
im not pro la, i also send to my fren for tuning, open the carb yes i open but then after cari the part my fren yg pasang (i reti buka only) my fren charge me around rm30 to pasang back, tuned and clean the carb, some shop if clean will ask around tht i think

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
sifoo walker with his legendary pic :adore:
aiya sifoo... i take ur pic mah... i jz continue ur legend jek....

HI skywalker ,
Is that a cap protecting the screw below the air/fuel ratio screw on this photo ? Is that screw for adjusting fuel ? How to tune both the fuel and the air/fuel ratio screw back to theirs original position or to the perfect position ?
what is the big gold color nut on the left side of the air/fuel screw for ?
the cap protecting the fuel needle is below the air/fuel ratio screw... notice the big bolt??... the needle is inside...

the gold color nut left side is jz to secure the fuel line entering ur carb lah... has no effect... but if u loosen it, ur fuel line will bocor and squirt out loh...

how to adjust must ask sifoo fstrader adi.... me still noob in tuning...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Halo GUYZ,
Especially for those in sales line. Pls be carefulll with this person:-

Kevin Lee:angry_smile:
016-319 2973
BEC Resources

What Happen.....
Yesterday morning this idiot tend to call my channel manager for a meet up to discuss further on the business. [In-short] During meet-up - This fucker have de lunch together with us and kinda interested on our product. So v just know that this fucker might be the potential customer. Anyhow after...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience