Car Detailing Centre Recommendation

kneedragger

Jul 5, 2006
Hi. My gf drives 2011 Honda Insight. Silver color. She parks her car under the sun everyday.
The car has got minor scratches and probably the paint condition is not as superb as new.
can you guys recommend me good car detailing centers in KL area. She lives in Taman Maluri KL.
Thanks

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If park under the sun everyday and also if you send the car to roadside car wash most of the itme.

Since your car is silver, can drop the idea of sending it for polish. Just do some normal touch ups, waxing and apply sealant will do.
Polishing your car each time cuts the clear coat bit by bit, since is silver, the swirls and scratches won't be obvious.

Unless you wash your car on your own every time then polishing it, is worth it.

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi. My gf drives 2011 Honda Insight. Silver color. She parks her car under the sun everyday.
The car has got minor scratches and probably the paint condition is not as superb as new.
can you guys recommend me good car detailing centers in KL area. She lives in Taman Maluri KL.
Thanks
Hi,

As we know Hondas are come with a super soft clear coat which will be easy to scratch if didnt treated in a proper way. I will highly advice to take care of the car by your own and send to a better car detailing centre to wash the car. Dont because of a RM4-RM8 wash you send to them cause is cheap, when the amount of defects they put on your can ended up you need to bring few hundred to restore it back, am i right? If you are not so particular with the paintwork such as swirls you can go for the 1step paint cleaning since your car is silver as supra said. But after that you need to do a regular maintenance such as washing 2weeks once and wax every month once, you can also top up a layer of sealant to brings the car more shine and protection on it. So dirt doesnt stick on the surface easily. Because the car is always under the sun and no protection on it, it tend to stick alot of contaminants and dirts. So after polishing will advice to wash the car and wax to keep the shine for years. If not when the next round you have to pull up your wallet again to polish, how many times you can do polishing on a Honda which come with very thin and soft clear coat?

Last edited by a moderator:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Thanks
What is the budget you looking at as well your expectation of the detailing job ? (e.g heavy polish, coating or just 'clean the paint up etc ?)

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Wow this thread is like advertising messages magnet. By the way, if you really would like to know who's the better detailing centre, my advice as a retailer myself, shop for the detailer not the shop, look for the most personalised detailed that would explain all the procedures slowly and clearly and help you understand the process of detailing to your car.

There are of wannabes out there, also alotof passionate retailers which comes to your doorstep to do detailing. Same again, shop for the detailer not the shop. I think you could google around and search for like "detailing to your doorstep" which google willbe giving you results of the most favourable results that most people clicked on. correct me if I'm wrong.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You can ask S1tl for a quotation too kneedragger, he is good. You can find his threads of sample of cars he had detailed.

Muyo is also another sifu of detailing :top:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Alternatively, I can detail your car for free. Just ship it to sabah and ship it back to yourself.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
I'd reckon a personal friend, he IS going to detail my car soon =P This thread abit dangerous might cause some internal flaming... Just look around the reviews and you should find what you're looking for.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Thanks
There are a lot of sifus here, and they won't advertise themselves to you for reasons of good forum ethics and manners. But read past posts here, and you will eventually identify who are those sifus based on their advice and handiwork. You can then contact them in private and make your enquiries.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Just read some threads in Car Detailing Forums n u have your answer n pick your self all r sifu here.

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, i dont have any intention of advertising here but the products seems reliable, affordable (what im using right now) so what is there wrong to let people know this such great products exist? Is just a recommendation, everyone loves sharing when comes to browsing to the forum and get your answer here. There are much products out there and i cant say mine is the perfect. Nothing comes in perfect and can last forever. Is your choice to send to anyone after you have some thoughts in your mind. I was a freelance detailer who come to people house and restore when they needed me but now im not since working in a car detailing centre which have a larger space and more equipment for me to detail a car and im still provide the same quality when i do doorstep detailing. I dont think there is any difference compare to others who come to your doorstep. I still love detailing and i restore every inches of the car properly and carefully thats matter.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well, i dont have any intention of advertising here but the products seems reliable, affordable (what im using right now) so what is there wrong to let people know this such great products exist? Is just a recommendation, everyone loves sharing when comes to browsing to the forum and get your answer here. There are much products out there and i cant say mine is the perfect. Nothing comes in perfect and can last forever. Is your choice to send to anyone after you have some thoughts in your mind. I was a freelance detailer who come to people house and restore when they needed me but now im not since working in a car detailing centre which have a larger space and more equipment for me to detail a car and im still provide the same quality when i do doorstep detailing. I dont think there is any difference compare to others who come to your doorstep. I still love detailing and i restore every inches of the car properly and carefully thats matter.
No problems recommending products. Advertising is when you start promoting yourself or when someone else promotes your company. That's when we have to step in to either edit or delete comments.

"No advertising" is a pretty clear R&R.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Can I promote Do-It-Yourself ?? TS, if you want to DIY , do contact Izso. His workshop provides everything from car mechanical repair, body repair, car detailing, tuning, tyre service, air cond service, electrical service, you name it :biggrin:. Ohya, DIY can also show your attention towards your gf ~

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to repair carbon fiber in PJ/Subang/Shah Alam?? My CF spoiler is cracked...i think some idiot tried to steal it by ripping it out :(

its cracked at the seams... the part where the 2 pieces are joined together...so hopefully itll be an easy fix.

pic of my spoiler :

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience