Buzzing Sound - Under Dashboard

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
Hello fellow bros...

Need advice....my so very reliable ride suddenly developed funny buzzing sound everytime i turn my key in the ignition to ACC. Sounds like a small motor under the dashboard with the gears all jam up!!! :confused:

After 15 seconds the buzzing stops. More :confused:
Anybody had this problem before? How to resolve? Very annoying lah, I pressume it has something to do with the Aircon.

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
bro, happened to me as well. been buzzing around for 2,3 months....Trial said that it's something to do with the aircon motor or something...really hard to find the part..been waiting for Trial since then...suddenly yesterday..no more sound...this morning also no sound...hopefully it won't happen again. :biggrin:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
if i'm not mistaken, there will always be a buzzing sound but only for one second and then it will go away, everytime you turn your key in ACC.

but yours... 15 seconds.. go check it out dude.:burnout:

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
bushidofang...the buzzing sound is louder than the one when we turn on the key..and yes..about 10-15 seconds.

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
happend to me too.. the buzzing sound came from the servo motor for the aircond.. the motor control the air mixture between hot/cold.. new servo motor can cost around RM300...

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
how come mine is suddenly ok? no more sound..the air-con is also ok...

nickleesoo

Known Member
Dec 4, 2005
yup, the sound is from the aircond side. i faced that before and changed the motor and everything is OK.

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
happend to me too.. the buzzing sound came from the servo motor for the aircond.. the motor control the air mixture between hot/cold.. new servo motor can cost around RM300...
Dude, where did you get your fixed? Damn bloody irritating....:banghead:

BTW, I read somewhere they said, if you spread WD40 at the gear/servo housing...it would shut-up???? True?

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Dude, where did you get your fixed? Damn bloody irritating....:banghead:

BTW, I read somewhere they said, if you spread WD40 at the gear/servo housing...it would shut-up???? True?
tried that and it helped...but came back...have to keep doing it...

3SGE

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
KL
Visit site
i got similiar problem b4...there is still sound now after cutting off the hot air cond 1 year ago...does any 1 wut is the problem and can make it go away 4ever?

nickleesoo

Known Member
Dec 4, 2005
altezza8448, the servo motor actually control the aircond vane. this is the motor that open and shut the vane for the airflow [i.e. either only for front, leg, both, etc...]. i changed mine in trial. you can also go to vision in bangsar.

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Yeah i have the same problem. But sometimes it comes, sometimes it goes, sometimes it even comes on quite suddenly when i'm driving for about 5s then it goes!
Yes its the servo for the aircond vanes.
Other than Vision is there anywhere else to repair ah? WIll try that WD40 idea as well.

/adian

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
actually there two servo motor under the dash.. one to control the air flow (front/leg/etc) and the other one for the hot/cold are mixture..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I can't help but notice that, while our European cousins can't stop wanking over the new Fiat 500 (Fiat can't make them fast enough it seems), there's hardly a murmur generated by the petrol heads over here. Why is that?

Top Gear (the magazine) very recently voted the original Fiat 500 as the sexiest car ever ever. And the new one has no plans of making a mockery of its predecessor. Certainly, its makers are hoping...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience