whinning sound driving me crazy

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
Hello everyone! Please put my mind at rest! My Lexus is200 sport , When i accelerate in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a little in 4th gear there is a fairly high pitched whine which accends in pitch and volume as the RPM increases. The noise stops as soon as I take my foot off the gas to change gear and returns as soon as start to accelerate again. The noice only happens under acceleration and not while I maintain a steady speed. I have also noticed that if I'm in 4th, 5th, or 6th at slow speed (say between 20-50mph) and I accelerate, the whine is not noticable. Is this the normal sound of a 6 cylinder engine, i've only ever owned 4 cylinder cars, or have I got transmission problems? Please help!

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
thanks guys :adore:
defo will do it next morning :burnout:

had a hint it might be the alternator alignment as the previous video clips. Did changed the belt ngam ngam before CNY....

If the bearing making sound will the WD40 spray help? or any recommend lube to use (for the time being) just HATE the bloody whinning sound every time (especially after rainning day):banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

chng87

Mar 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not sure whether your "whinning" noise is the same as the video clip posted. The problem with my car is the noise of a kid trying to imitate a F1 car, so its neither chirping or squealing. I changed both my alternator and power steering pump. And begone the noise.

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
Been searching all morning to locate the bloody sound from...alignment is 100% perfect ok pass nothing is loose or anything.:biggrin:

:hmmmm:Finally located where the sound came from.... got in the car and apply foot to the clutch pedal and the sound stop!! no more sound.... just that when you play abit up/down the pedal you can hear those "no oil on the spring" sound (if u know what i mean).... just slow apply ngam ngam on the foot position n the sound gone.

I just replace the whole clutch kit (GReddy) but not the flywheel.... :idea:any Sifu know others location (underneath the car) beside the clutch parts??:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore: thanks

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I suspect the torque converter is at fault.
it's a manual gearbox :burnout:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Haha, at least you have solved the issue. I didn't know it was a manual or else I would have said clutch bearing

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
Haha, at least you have solved the issue. I didn't know it was a manual or else I would have said clutch bearing

eh, dunno i got a fuckup bearing or not (clutch kit included bearing have changed) think it's from out side the engine parts ... only happen when cold outside... must be the KY grease not good...:mad:
:hmmmm:anyway need to go lift up the car and see what happen underneath

thanks guys :driver:

zLWinter

Apr 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Last time I do encounter this problem before, found out is the alternator. Due to sound system, poor Amplifier & poor grounding. Hope it hell =)

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Been searching all morning to locate the bloody sound from...alignment is 100% perfect ok pass nothing is loose or anything.:biggrin:

:hmmmm:Finally located where the sound came from.... got in the car and apply foot to the clutch pedal and the sound stop!! no more sound.... just that when you play abit up/down the pedal you can hear those "no oil on the spring" sound (if u know what i mean).... just slow apply ngam ngam on the foot position n the sound gone.

I just replace the whole clutch kit (GReddy) but not the flywheel.... :idea:any Sifu know others location (underneath the car) beside the clutch parts??:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore: thanks

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

it's a manual gearbox :burnout:
How long ago when the clutch was replaced? It may need time to worn or something may not be tight in there. Sounds like clutch disk or throw out bearing. I would bring it back to the shop where you have it installed. Good luck.

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
How long ago when the clutch was replaced? It may need time to worn or something may not be tight in there. Sounds like clutch disk or throw out bearing. I would bring it back to the shop where you have it installed. Good luck.
will do buddy :top: thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as per advertised in Traffic Magazine, the Japan GT issue (red)

damn nice (IMO) artwork...
any comments to improve?

and the Traffic Magazine topic..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience