stupid Steering Making SOund.. Help

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
when i turn my steering and accelerate, most of the time there will be a funny sound.. i had that problem few months back and i flushed the power steering pump which cured it.. but then after a few more months the problem came back.. any ideas how to solve this problem? what could be wrong with the power steering pump and how to fix it? thanks bros..

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
maybe it's time to change the power steering pump...changed mine...RM800++ installation (used), if u want new, might be less than RM1.5k + installation ....
few months later, a similar sound occurred, but louder when turning to the right/left. changed the lower arm bars...both side (left n right)...almost RM500 a side (new).:bawling:

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
maybe it's time to change the power steering pump...changed mine...RM800++ installation (used), if u want new, might be less than RM1.5k + installation ....
few months later, a similar sound occurred, but louder when turning to the right/left. changed the lower arm bars...both side (left n right)...almost RM500 a side (new).:bawling:
wow... thats a really big damage... do u think the hose could be like stuck or sumthing? looks like it really costed u a bomb..

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
if its a buzzing kinda sound when turning full left or right, then it may be the power steering pump. need to replace new or used, if everything else fails.

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
if its a buzzing kinda sound when turning full left or right, then it may be the power steering pump. need to replace new or used, if everything else fails.
THe sound doesnt only come when i turn full left or right... it usually becomes when i turn and either left or right and accelerate. and when i turn the steering, it feels kinda rough through my hands.. its not that very smooth..

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
maybe u can describe the sound...clicking, buzzing, knocking?

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
the sound was like "grruuukkkk" like that haha

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have just replaced my blades with denso blades. my problem is that whenever it rains the blades 'skip' on the windshield. this does not happen when it is dry. however, there is no problem with the wiping action besides that.
anyone has any solutions to this problem?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience