Buying a GTR.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
hi james..i work in bintulu..but not from around here though..
just fyi, few months ago i saw a blue registered GTR34 at Kuching where I bought my ride..ever heard of SUM (syarikat united motor)? just at the 3rd Mile roundabout..u might wanna check out there..

not a salesman nor get any commission :biggrin: just helping u out..pm me if u wanna contact the showroom..

check out this site also by Tan Brothers
Nissan skyline gt-r r34 - Cars for sale Sarawak - Mudah.my

Last edited:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I have seen that blue BNR34 at SUM. Been there for quite a while. It's a 1999 GTR; and not entirely "spick and span" in my opinion.

JAMES1980

Nov 5, 2009
Sarawak
SUM ? Is that one located near 3rd Mile? Sorry i am newbie, just want to confirm.........why Tan Brothers GT-R 34 looks so tiny compare the Selangor Blue GT-R ?

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Additional question : Why the fender of GTR34 i saw in local magazine "REVO ! " and "Kereta" got edge and very muscular which is different from waht i saw in Mudah.com ? Is it becoz of different spec? please teach me ......... thx

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
I have seen that blue BNR34 at SUM. Been there for quite a while. It's a 1999 GTR; and not entirely "spick and span" in my opinion.
thanks for sharing..i didn't thoroughly view the car as i was too excited with my new ride :biggrin:

SUM ? Is that one located near 3rd Mile? Sorry i am newbie, just want to confirm.........why Tan Brothers GT-R 34 looks so tiny compare the Selangor Blue GT-R ?

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Additional question : Why the fender of GTR34 i saw in local magazine "REVO ! " and "Kereta" got edge and very muscular which is different from waht i saw in Mudah.com ? Is it becoz of different spec? please teach me ......... thx
yup the SUM is located at the 3rd Mile..i think u need to go down and view all the options u have & test driving is the best approach b4 u make any decisions..for all the GTR specs info u can read up at the sticky thread sections :biggrin:

ayona

May 14, 2006
Dear brothers,

hi all. im in a search for a gtr, and i found 1 gtt engine convert to rb26, selling at 135k. once convert fr 25 to 26, it should be 4wd right? dunno whether implant engine reliable or not. anyone here experienced implant engine before? appreciate advice from any old timers.

cheers!:wavey:

ayona

May 14, 2006
:hmmmm:

come to think about it, yes, add another 40k, can get ori GTR..but additional 40k...quite high oso..hahaha..anyway thanks for the reply DEWA. :wavey:

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
Dear brothers,

hi all. im in a search for a gtr, and i found 1 gtt engine convert to rb26, selling at 135k. once convert fr 25 to 26, it should be 4wd right? dunno whether implant engine reliable or not. anyone here experienced implant engine before? appreciate advice from any old timers.

cheers!:wavey:
from my experience at the bengkels it still wouldnt be 4wd..
1. unless they cut the floorpan
2. they convert from 4wd r34 (i think HR34 or something)

usually the they just cut the front drive shaft from the RB26 gearbox and keep it RWD..btw ask if its 6 speed or not.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
:hmmmm:

come to think about it, yes, add another 40k, can get ori GTR..but additional 40k...quite high oso..hahaha..anyway thanks for the reply DEWA. :wavey:
Bro, save $ and buy the ori GTR, u will not regret!

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
It is not as easy as it looks. If it was meant to be a GTR everyone would have bought a GTT and convert it into a GTR. get the original GTR. A GTT itself is really good if you like RWD. It's a different feel.

Installing a RB26 engine doesn't make it an AWD dude. Can you handle the power of a RB26 on a GTT?? It's RWD after all. But if you can handle it, get it. Then comes the aftermarket brakes which cost 20-30k and etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im currently driving an Civic'95 4door.
Old alr here rosak, there need repair. Beh tahan liao.
My current sight is on the Honda Accord '03 pattern la, can get for 6+k

So my budget is for below 70k.
-Family car, so no coupes. i like classy looks yet sporty driving.
-maintainence wise, of course hassle free preferred.
-1600cc to 2000cc the max. need to carry many people, need some power.
-Not for tuning, i need stock power.

Please give me more opinions. other options is welcomed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience