Black smoke and engine oil reducing

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Zidane

Known Member
Guys,

I've just changed the engine oil and i noticed that the engine oil is depeleting and there is black smoke from the exhaust.

Can any1 help me on this?

White smoke means overhaul is required. And i've searched the other threads but cannot find anything on this.

regards,

fren, wht grade of oil do u use?
actually some of the oil grade is not suitable to use in malaysia whether..
too light oil can cause ur oil burn out easily..

leakage of engine oil into the combustion chamber will produce white smoke. not neccesary to be fully overhaul. maybe only need to change the valve seal.

black smoke is cause by mixture of your air-fuel ratio.

Proton sifu has spoken !

yinho if black smoke means mixture too lean or rich ..? Then if engine oil wrong grade means white/black smoke will keluar ?

Take a look at your exhaust smoke
Pure white : Caused by water / anti freeze entering your combustion chamber
Bluish white : Caused by engine oil entering your combustion chamber
Black smoke : Caused by excess fuel entering (Incomplete combustion)

Also check your engine oil grade. Lower viscosity might caused engine oil leak through the piston ring.

Eh nitrus, when wanna yum cha?

Black smoke : Caused by excess fuel entering (Incomplete combustion)
that is wat my 4G13 is doing now...too much fuel entering...

check plug...maybe worn out tat y cant ignite the AF mixture properly

yaya.... sparkplugs.... many mechs use this way to check the car's AFR mixture...

no wonder last time my dad's old car keluar black smoke, i went n tune the carb settings towards lean abit and it's cool now..

yinho, lolzz sorry wey i havent been that side lately .. damn busy la ..

i also kene this one...when i rev my b16 to take over other cars....there a black and sometimes white smoke coming out...really bothering me right now

Guys,

I've just changed the engine oil and i noticed that the engine oil is depeleting and there is black smoke from the exhaust.

Can any1 help me on this?

White smoke means overhaul is required. And i've searched the other threads but cannot find anything on this.

regards,

hehe.. I hope Zidane wont then reveal to us like this later : "I m driving diesel truck!" hehe

turbocharged diesel to be exact, N/A won't produce black smoke if AFR is normal. turbo 1, fuiyooo!! Like apocalypses edi, cannot see the sun.

Not that worst if driving turbo diesel green engine. lots of my friends already shift their ride to 4wd truck such as frontier, vigo, d-max. and i noticed these particular diesel trucks emission are quite clean.
btw, er.. i might join them end of this year. take either frontier or vigo. just bit afraid about this rumour. vigo has diffuclty when come to servicing due to it computerise system. not all mech can do... So my q is, is that true that fully computerise system car really that fussy?
Frontier is superb interm of power but i m more into roomy space.

p/s zidane! sorry for hijacking ur thread!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom