Black Smoke revving the 4AGE 20V BT

tonyops

Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
I have a problem here. When I rev the engine to 4000rpm and above during driving, black smoke comes out from my muffler. Is there anything wrong with the engine? All i know is that my piping is with a resonator and no catalytic converter. Could the cat not installed causing the black smoke? Please help me out on this my fellow 20valve experts.. Thank you..

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
black smoke==> over fuel (check ur map, O2s ensors and or ecu)
White smole==> oil (piston ring, and etc)

tonyops

Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
black smoke==> over fuel (check ur map, O2s ensors and or ecu)
White smole==> oil (piston ring, and etc)
Great, i'll check out on those sensors. BTW, where's the map sensor located? Is there any other possibilities causing the black smoke?

liamdijk

From Facebook
Mar 19, 2012
He guys. i know i sound a bit ignorant but i just bought a corolla with 20v blacktop with exactly the same over fueling problem you described. at 4000rpm it puffs a huge cloud of black smoke then from 4000 up, it just streams black smoke. How do i go about fiand help would be much appreciatedxing/ checking all the sonsors and cpu. I am new to the modern 4age.. any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
try a new air filter.. i use to have this problem with my SVT.. problem solved after a new air filter :wink:

if it still smoking black, u need to check ur ECU..

Contact Dr Levin818..

nappx

Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
Black smoke normal lor...
Maybe fuel rich
Maybe o2 sensor expired
Maybe time to change plug
Maybe ur exhaust lot of carbon
Lot posibility...get mech familiar with 20v to check

BDK8671

Nov 14, 2007
haha ....argeed !! ...black better that white !! .....i think is kind of normal for high Rev engine ......

mine one also got black smoke while high rev. .......

mh wong

Feb 14, 2012
very normal.......BT need more fuel to power it.....tuner & mechanic also told me like that........i use to smoke those like to "cucuk me" without "light me" one.......haha

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

i even rev my car >7000rpm.......black smoke all the way when i play2....haha

mh wong

Feb 14, 2012
pro & con....get use to it bro.....last time...i tought my 1 only got black smoke.....after some1 in kota kemuning told me....his seg wif e-manage also give black smoke....BUT.....not as much as my......then......i realise liao.......

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

there's time without smoke.......JPJ ronda ard......i'll drove very2 polite way......haha

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

also....when sometime bikers behind my car......just pity them.....coz......im bikers too lasttime.....

I had bought an Avanza 1.3 MT from UMW pandan indah on Mrach 15 2006. On same day I got car I found that my car is pulling to right. I immediately called sales guy. He arrange appointment for me at shamelin sc. 3 days after 1st repair same problem coming again. I was visit shamelin sc for 3 times, ss19 sc 2 times, cheras sc 12 times. Each time I repair they gv different excuses. Untill today my car still pulling left sometimes right:angry_smile: I had try outside shop result still same. I...