Bearings inside Satria 1.6 1996 gearbox

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi there

I am currently looking for gearbox bearings inside above mentioned car model. Not looking to install it inside any car, but for some reason, I need them (that is why used/broken bearings are OK too for me for this purpose).

What I know is, I need:

1) 2 big bearings
2) 4 small bearings

I was informed that there are more bearings than what I mentioned above inside the gearbox. If anyone can advise on the part number of these bearings, I can go and purchase it at any spareparts shop.

The problem is now, I do not have the samples of these bearings. If I have the samples, easy for me to just bring the samples to any shop and they could find similar one for me.

Hope someone can advise on this. Please help. :confused:

Thank you.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Actually, it is not as straight forward as that. I need to get the bearings without having to get my gearbox open. Or else I need to go to any kedai potong and pull our the bearings from the similar gearbox that they have there.

Anyone?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hi there

I am currently looking for gearbox bearings inside above mentioned car model. Not looking to install it inside any car, but for some reason, I need them (that is why used/broken bearings are OK too for me for this purpose).

What I know is, I need:

1) 2 big bearings
2) 4 small bearings

I was informed that there are more bearings than what I mentioned above inside the gearbox. If anyone can advise on the part number of these bearings, I can go and purchase it at any spareparts shop.

FYI, in a gearbox, there are so many bearing, with different types of bearing for different function.
The question is not simply knowing and wanting 2 big bearing and 4 small bearing.

Have you actually seen an open gearbox yourself?

Technicality of gearbox isn't as easy as many have thought. A good experienced engine mechanic can fix an engine, but he may not be able to fix a gearbox well enough. This is from my buddy mechanic with 12 years of experience at workshop.

Sorry that I could not be of help, but offering my 0.5 cents advice

e.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Ken Yeang, I never opened up a gearbox myself, yes I know there are so many bearings inside the gearbox.

Certain mechanics that I talked to seemed to know what bearings I am talking about. I said to them, "2 big bearings and 4 small bearings', they said "yes". It seems like these 6 bearings are the usual bearings that people changed when gearbox produces sound etc.

I do not know how far my understanding is true, just to create more discussion here.

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
How to know the gearbox code? Can I look at on the gearbox? Is it printed somewhere on the gearbox?

yes something like this FXMXXXXX for manual
FXAXXXXX for auto

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
How to know the gearbox code? Can I look at on the gearbox? Is it printed somewhere on the gearbox?

yes something like this FXMXXXXX for manual
FXAXXXXX for auto
yes..the number located near the starter motor....normally blocked from view due to radiator piping above it....

Ken Yeang, I never opened up a gearbox myself, yes I know there are so many bearings inside the gearbox.

Certain mechanics that I talked to seemed to know what bearings I am talking about. I said to them, "2 big bearings and 4 small bearings', they said "yes". It seems like these 6 bearings are the usual bearings that people changed when gearbox produces sound etc.

I do not know how far my understanding is true, just to create more discussion here.
do you plan to replace it yourself? or send to workshop?? if send to workshop why not just let them buy the bearings for you and save all the hassle....make sure it was reputable workshop....

if replacing yourself...i wish u goodluck if doing it alone..whatsmore if never opened a gearbox before..just makesure u got a complete gearbox repair manual beside you to refer....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

Anybody knows where i can change or get this fixed? I've got chips/tear/makan on mine, wear is uneven. Only used it for a short while and this is my second one in the last year. Both has the same problem. Please call/text/pm me if you know where i can get this fixed.

Thanks.. May the torque be with you..:driver:
Fariq(012 3939290)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience