bad experience on my adjustable shocks

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
bad experience on my adjustable shocks(malaysia branded)

bad experience on my adjustable shocks(malaysia branded)
a brand u always see they advertise in magazines n lots sa ppl using....

i like the shock's performance, but their service.... er.... money sucker....

i still remember i bought a set of brand new adjustable syspension system, i saw some oil at one of the absorber(2nd day)...
the shop refused to change for me, ask me wait 3 days, they bring to HQ n they will borrow me broken absorbers to use first < WTF

then i drove to the HQ to check, halfway i met uncle jay pee jay, rm100 gone with the wind...

after i reached there, they took it out, tested nth happen... so they said maybe is bcoz when they packed that time they nvr clean properly...

i was like < WTF~!! so i buta buta kena jay pee jay 'signature'?

n nvr mind.... they checked nth happened, revalved n reinjected the gas, put it back into my car.... n i shown them the warranty card, they recorded...
n they giv me a bill of RM125 of labour charge... MCH~!!!!

brand new with warranty > 2nd day got leaking > coz never clean properly > charge me labour rm125? n i still have to redo my allignment n so so....

so tat day i spend rm100 on jay pee jay, rm125 labour, n allignment~!! :( WTF services... sorry also never heard~!!!

Last edited:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
what i know from most local absorbers shop.

1. Warranty claims of shock abs doesn't include labor charges & alignment fee. (local or imported) the same.

I use HotBits Adjustable Shocks... after 8mths oil was leaking at my rear abs. They took it out and was kind enough to borrow me original used shocks for temporary use. I was charged RM60 for labor. It took 2 weeks to get it done. (which i consider fast as I'm from Penang)

so.. if you are looking for a superb after sales service for shocks abs.. always ask the seller if they include warranty for both parts & labor. Also what kind of temporary replacement can be arranged while waiting for your abs to be serviced.

You have to understand what kind of warranty they offer before you start complaining about their bad services. Sometimes it is not "bad" as you think. Just that different products/manufacturer may have different ways for "after sales" service.

mahfudz_mn

Known Member
Nov 22, 2004
Bukit Jalil
Visit site
in the advice of satria95, i'll edit my posting for the sake of others in this forum...

i bought a new set of rg suspension for my satria like may 2004 at the price of 1300, so there was this one time my car at the rear is slanting towards the driver's side...so i went to them for inspection...upon my arrival...i met the guy there and he said all this things to me like :-

- cars are not symmetrically manufactured la
- my chassis could be bent

and of course we already knew bout this...after all a car is a car rite? but the way he was telling me al these were like as if his suspension is the best and non-defective, and theres definitely sumthing wrong with my car...in the end there was no leak but the changed the springs and charge me 100 for labor...

and there was this time, my fren brought his audi there to check for 'nyek,nyek' sound in his car...n he said to my fren we dont provide all this solutions and sort of la...and the way he said to was like his suspension is perfect n the audi is wrong...actually he was just talking a lot because the former mechanic ran away....and the shop was left with no tools to do servicing or to take the parts out...i was told by the new mechanic there...

so guys, if u wanna buy rg suspension, do think twice...opt for some other things like gab, tien, or hwl...coz in the other hand rg is very bumpy...not suitable on the road...so after telling this is still hope i can find myself a buyer for my scndhand rg set...hahahahahaha...

Last edited:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
feel bad for you kwai..neway things had happended...juz chill out ok?

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Please put the name of the company and brand of the product. It's half pointless to to share your experience but we don't know the company and product. With the information clearly put out, we can avoid that company and product, thus making them feel whatever loss they may feel, and in hope, they will improve their fucked up quality of service and product. Peace y'all.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
How come JPJ saman you for broken shocks? As if they know? Like that arrr...50% of all Protons and Peroduas all kena liao with the lifespan of their shockers.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
Speaking of RG, i know one workshop boss who stopped selling RG suspensions after so many complains from his customer, neverending problems....he was one of the authorised reseller for RG for a short time.

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
Titan got this kinda bad feedback or not? Since they're having a quite strong market here in ZTH, I doubt their after sales service is excellent I presume?

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Kwai,

What HWL did is standard procudure when it comes to warranty service.

I believe most companies have the same procedure.

sbd18

Known Member
May 28, 2004
i had titan for almost 1 year before i sold my car...went back numerous times for tuning and shock probs...never charged me a single sen...sometimes get free teh tarik oso...:)

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
Getz said:
Titan got this kinda bad feedback or not? Since they're having a quite strong market here in ZTH, I doubt their after sales service is excellent I presume?
honestly, their service is top notch....... i hav been there numerous times oso....... which in the end is not the problem of their coilovers but other stuff (long story)....... they din charge me n oso offer solutions instead........

2 thumbs up 4 uncle richard........ a great man........ cant find ppl like him any more...... humble n helpful....... nvr regret spending so much for coilovers.......

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
erm, for some of u guys info,
its not titan... i can't afford it...
it HWL....
i admit, their shock's performance are meeting my aspectation....

but
wat pissed me of was,
after i installed it, there's some oil on my absorber on the 2nd day.... listen, its 2nd day...

i went back to the workshop, they said is oil leaking, i asked for replace, they said cannot, they offered me use their 'spoiled' suspension for 3 days for they send back to HQ to check...

so i go straigh away to the HQ by my self, coz i wan to settle it as soon as possible...

when i reached there, they checked my suspension, they also suspect is leaking, so they took out to check....

and after testing by their machine, they said "nothing wrong ah"... "the shock are perfect..." then i asked, why got oil there? n u also suspected it leaking right?

then the worker told me maybe is bcoz they never clean it properly b4 pack it, tats why got oil on the absorber there... <-- wat the....

ok, wat do u aspect here? at least an appologize right? the answer is nothing, but a rm125 bill....

i said, isn't it ur QC prob n make me all the way to ur HQ n i got 'saman'(bodykit) n have to redo allignment n now u still wanted charge me for the labour?

ok, got prob with jay pee jay coz my bodykit i cannot claim them(i nvr said wanted to),
do allignment should not claim them, should be on my self...yes i know

but, will this all happen if their QC slightly better like wrap n confirm no oil on the absorber?
bcoz of their careless, n the workshop n their HQ ppl also suspected is leaking n took out my absorber to check... n find out their product no defect, but a careless case...

no appologize but a rm125 bill... is it make sences? i just bought it 2 days....

bcoz of their careless, some oil left there...

i have to kena jay pee jay,
redo allignment,
n pay them rm125 labour to found out their careless on nvr clean properly their shocks b4 hand over to dealer.....

wat the..... aih~!!!

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
so kasihan. kwai, i was thinking bout HWL oso cause the price is quite attractive compared to titan. after hearing the salesman from kakimoto tat service take bout few days n labour charge 100++ per piece make me think twice. but anyway, about handling n comfort, which one better? the guy told me HWL is very comfortable n good at cornering, is it true?

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Yeah i agree that's bad service.. rm125 its not amall sum... abit ridiculous... just once of those days i guess...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone knows how to improve a car's braking power? My car uses disc brake in front and drums for the rear...rear very hard 2 convert to disc brake.. :( got any steel braided brake lines for proton or not? can proton tiara use other car's brake lines? i mean da steel braided ones designed for other cars... :shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience