NomeXX

Jan 3, 2007
:driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver:

[youtube]-V6AerJt4nQ[/youtube]

[youtube]USI2os5oh_w[/youtube]

[youtube]CkBgLMSen_4[/youtube]

NomeXX

Jan 3, 2007
how many run did you had? and how much horsie manage to gain? nice flame..
...Countless runs, the tuner was mapping the car from 10 in the morning till 7 in the evening....had to stop many times to let engine, tyres, clutch and fuel cool down..

NomeXX

Jan 3, 2007
Wow, that's long... So what are your figures?
....only managed 490 at the wheels, was hoping for 500+...but then again, can't expect much out of indonesia's poor quality 95octane:banghead:

....will be doing another map using pure C16, hoping for another 50-70odd:love:

vinci68

Jun 22, 2007
long hour dyno... interesting..

NomeXX

Jan 3, 2007
oh my.. countless dyno runs? that it time consuming..
.....no choice leh, had to tune from low to hi RPM, from low boost to high boost. Wait for car to cool down between runs, replensish dry ice on fuel pump & surge tank in between runs, replenish water for the water spray system, tuner also need to rest as it will be like an oven inside the car.

....Worst of all, the dyno was not ideal....fan too weak and air flow is bad, had to stop many times to cool things down

NomeXX

Jan 3, 2007
long hour dyno... interesting..
I wanted more than just max hp for the tuning, I told the tuner I wanted a nice fat torque curve and drivability/engine response. That's why he need more time to touch-up every single map

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
490ATW HP sounds abit low for your Tomei 2.8 engine, but you were mapping it for a nice fat torque curve and response. Would be nice to see your graphs.
Is it the Derive or Genesis? Phase 1 or Phase 2?

Still, that a lovely engine. Would it be possible to share with us some pictures? I would love to see this awesome beast. Please do put some pictures up.

NomeXX

Jan 3, 2007
490ATW HP sounds abit low for your Tomei 2.8 engine, but you were mapping it for a nice fat torque curve and response. Would be nice to see your graphs.
Is it the Derive or Genesis? Phase 1 or Phase 2?

Still, that a lovely engine. Would it be possible to share with us some pictures? I would love to see this awesome beast. Please do put some pictures up.
Hi DarkChild,

Its a Genesis Phase2 with ARMS7660 turbos.

Yes, 490ATW seems abit too low, which works out to be about 630-640 at the crank. But if you look at the spec from Tomei, the Genesis Phase2 is pushing out about 650PS, which is quite spot-on, taking into consideration that its based on good quality Japanese high octane fuel. But then again, I was running slightly more boost at 1.5bar as compared to the recommended 1.3bar from Tomei. I also understand that their figure was probably based on using Reytec ECU and I have no idea how aggressively was the ignition timing as well as the cam timing was set.

Having said that, I do agree with you that it should be pushing out slightly more power than 490, but not much more.....here's the reasons (or excuses:proud: )

1) Dyno - no two dynos will yield the same HP reading, there will always be a margin of errors due to many factors. And in my case, the dyno was used as a tool to map/tune the car, not so much as to know the max HP. The max HP/Torque output just serve as a reference for the tuner.

2) Fuel - like I've said before, highest pump octane you get in Indonesia is 95, but I've been told you'll always get less than 95 even thou its advertised as 95, trust me...its a stupid country:listen: You'll get different octane from different pump station, although all says 95!!!!

3) Ambient Temp - the dyno that I used was very badly set-up, but no choice as its the only 4wd dyno in Jakarta. The dyno is facing a brick wall with no fresh air ducting, coupled with a very weak fan, the car was being feed by heated stale air. The reading from the intake temp sensor showed 48dec C at one point and would average at 38-40deg.

4) Fuel Temp - as the max power run was done very late into the session, my fuel tank was left with 1/4 fuel and no more dry-ice left to cool the fuel pump & surge tank.

5) Tyres - my car was fitted with only Toyo T1R during the dyno and the rollers on the dyno was kind of worn-out. Rear tyres are constantly struggling for grip and almost bouncing out of the dyno on a few occation. We had to lay about 100lits of water in the boot just to weigh it down a little.

6) Clutch - my clutch is only a twin-plate, and not exactly very new. After about 5-6 hours on the dyno, when it comes to do a max power run, its starting to slip at high RPM already

But after the dyno session, the car was brought onto the road for actual road tuning to touch-up and compensate for wind resistance and other factors.....trust me, its really scary when you sat on the passenger side holding a laptop and the tuner is going flatout in 6th....can actually see my whole life flash-by at certain moment:stupid:

As for pixs, okay...I'll be back in Jakarta next week and I take some pictures of the engine bay. As for dyno charts, I'll have to go back to the dyno to have them print another set out