B4110 Project

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
nice power up :P

bro how bout using cams ,crankshafts frm evo X to ur MT?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
There is a set I saw being sold in JB. But can it work? Cams from an Evo 10 plus crankshaft. What is the stock Evo 10's cam duration?

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
ya bro advertise in mudah rite?
the seller is frm Singapore.
he says its ok and can fit to lancerGT etc.
as for duration i didnt ask him.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I think I will stick wt NA, thought of using Mat Speed Grinded cams. Will stop when I hit the magical 140HP on Wheels on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno.Concentrate on handling. Just change the muffler, but I think, back pressure is suffering and torque is lower at lower RPM's. Will run it on a Dyno before putting in the extractors and the 2 1/2 inch piping.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

But overall performance for a manual 1.8 is not bad. It definitely cannot run with a Civic CTR or a DC5. And 4WD Turbo cars. But for its price and the very low mod. cost, its value for money. Handling is way too soft, needs some coil overs. I am still not keen to put on my 18" RX8 Rims as it is increasing the unsprung weight. Looking for a light 17" rims and a semi performance tyre like Federal RSR and then I will lower the height with the coil overs.Overall if you spend about RM10K, I think you will have a nice sporty ride.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea, NA still safer mod than BOT, i heard tht theres one 1.8 MT with BOT have 200hp at engine (speedwrks i guess) hittin the roads soon.

as for me the MT is nice to play with and been whacking at high/near 5k+ RPM most of the gears whenever possible on the roads.

if we go for 18" its more of looks but heavier on the car and u need more mods to push up the performance.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I go higher on 2 and 3rd gears as my cut off is now is 7000RPM.
I am getting quite used to the soft suspension, for example on corners like Turn 5 & 6 in SIC, you could feel the rear squat to the right and feel the rear lose grip slightly and then in Turn 6, it swaps to the left and again lose traction. Quite fun compared to a coil over set up. But ultimately you will have a lower cornering speed as there is so much body movement.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Thank you Proton, 2nd service, Disc Rotors change plus brake pad, Replace crack front windscreen plus 10K Kms service. All this for RM9. Mitsubishi Lancer owners, eat your heart out!

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
oh wat happen to ur disc rotors? so they gave u additional free service vouchers?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Disc rotors warp as I was playing wt the Inspira in Sepang. I have the 50,000 KMs free service program.
I have just uploaded Muffler of Inspira, it is from Mits. Even has the logo and part number. That shows that the first batch of Inspira was heavily loaded with Mits stuff.

Attachments

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yup, all mitsu parts.

when u got ur car? i also the 1st batch, its suppose to be 40k km rite?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Frankly I dont shit care about the warranty. but Proton is sincere in their warranty. Shabas Proton.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea, if u are so keen to mod, no need bother bout warranty :P

the BOT frm RRM, its frm US ,u knw tht someone here got it also?
i knw it wrks well as frm the lancer's tuners forum

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
There is a lot of potential in the Lancer Chassis, it can definitely handle more power. By the way, does anyone want to go to Sepang on the 16th of July at 12 - 3pm. We will make that the first Inspira club meeting. As I said, I am not a Teh Tarik man. Come, join us in Sepang.
I am not happy with my muffler mod. There is too little back pressure. Maybe I want to fit back the original S muffler! Or alternatively, soildier on, change to to 2/2 inch piping but with a Sports Resonator.

stix

Oct 6, 2010
myy
congrats on your gains!! :beer:

Man it looks like yr serious! i am planning to get the hotbits 4-2-1 extractor while keeping the stock mid and muffler. Does anyone know if it is plug&play on the stock piping?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
congrats on your gains!! :beer:

Man it looks like yr serious! i am planning to get the hotbits 4-2-1 extractor while keeping the stock mid and muffler. Does anyone know if it is plug&play on the stock piping?
Hahaha,cant wait for it.. 4-2-1... :biggrin:
Then October, Kch... STY...hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

I have problems with my car. i am using toyota SEG 4a-FE enjin, and i swapped my stock injector which has 2 tiny nozzle at the tip of the injector with toyota altis 1.8 injector which has 12 tiny nozzle. When i compared the size of the nozzle, the toyota altis has much smaller size of the nozzle compared with the stock ones but the toyota altis injector has 12 nozzle meanwhile the stock one have only 2. I also change my MAP sensor with toyota camry 2.0

The problem is, when i start the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience