B4110 Project

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Its a plug and play.But never fancy myself purchasing any Speedworks stuff. Maybe its like seeing an "Old Lady" Sorry, I am just being naughty. I know Mr Toh's outfit for a long time. They have been doing good work on R&D of local cars, like creating a MYVI BOT, Suzuki Swift etc.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

So any takers on 16th July in Sepang, its RM300+ from 12 - 3 pm. It will be hell of fun to push the limits of the Inspira on track. I know the handling is very benign, with a slow transition so you can correct either a understeer or oversteer. Dont race or test on the road. Sepang is 3 lanes wide and plenty of run off areas. I can be contacted at 0123882389

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
ya update us with ur mods etc.
as for track would love to go 1 day, but now caught up with lots of wrk n family issues and also im frm JB.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
But I guess I will check out wt Speedworks, how much are they asking for their Bolt On Turbo. Another alternative from the same JB source, to buy all the Turbo stuff from an Evo X, in Mudah.com, he mentions that would include manifold, turbo, all the hoses etc. The JB chap advertising for RM5K.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea, tht seller is frm Singapore, spoke to him last mth. as i mentioned earlier he said cansm/cranks shaft all can be used.
somehow the price abit on the high side .

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
My BBK is ready. I will most probably used back the same 18" rims but with a 215 X 45 X 18" Tyre. The cheapest is Federal RSR. I will load the photos of BBK and rims + tyres at a later stage. Hopefully with the smaller 215 X 45, it will not feel so heavy like 235 X 50

Attachments

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
My previous ride. I dont miss it as it was sold at a good price. Time to move on. Next car, will be much softer on the road. No bodykits, had hell maintaining the wide bodywork

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I have seen a 2nd hand bolt on kit for the Inspira. This was done for a CVT B411, it used to develop 210HP but according to Tuner, CVT was slipping.
I saw the kit, its very raw and it uses a 5th injector. Now I understand Bigger cc injectors for the Gama Series Engine by Mitsuibishi is expensive. The kit looks raw, it is missing 1 pipe and all silicon hoses.
But its cheap at 2.7K as where it is basis. Tuner quoted 7.5K if I want it fitted and tune with Unichip plus Turbo module.
If I do it myself and used Open Source Tuning. I can probably achieved those figures but I save a lot as I dont have to pay for the Engine Management System. On the other hand I have to pay for 4 new Injectors as Open ECU cant tune a 5th injector.

Tuner is adamant on the 7.5K.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
ya they tested on the 4B11(not B411 ) and blowed the cvt.
now a confirmed ones will be for the 4B10(MT) tht wrks well

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
But I still like a neater kit, ie, Stuff from an Evo 10. I should be in JB next week. Would really like to see you at the same time meet with this chap selling all his Evo 10 stuff.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
As mentioned earlier, I have fabricated a 4 pot brake from a Toyota that has a 310mm rotors. I wanted to fit it in however, I am having some problems with the master pump. My brakes are soft and there is a lot of brake travel on idle. Seems like a mater pump problem.
On the subject of warranty claims, shocks are really really bad. Like my Master Pump, its a bit noisy when its cold. Try driving the Inspira down Genting with lots of speed bumps at night and I am sure you will find the sound.
Proton Service centre is at my door steps.
Plenty of buddies there.
However, seem to think that Proton's R&D in certain areas lacking.
I aslo hear that later batches of Inspira may use Siemens.
God and Mitsubishi, please Dont Allow Proton to do that!

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
nice bro, wat brakes are those?

so where u gettin ur BOT? a

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Bro DM3, I will be going up to JB next week for work. Wanna to meet up: I want to see the original Evo X Turbo kit being sold in JB.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
ooh, u mean the evo x parts posted at Mudah right?
tht guy's shop is in singapore u knw?
how long u'll be around?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hot on the heels of our world first picture of the GT-R, U.S. magazine <i>Autoweek</i> has released nearly a dozen more pics detailing the exterior and interior of the <font style="color: blue ! important; font-weight: 400; position: static" color="blue"><span class="kLink" style="color: blue ! important; font-weight: 400; position: static">car</span></font> have hit the web. From the outside, the car is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience