B4110 Project

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
mydvdrom,

so far we know of remap for 2.0 and the MT and somehow had good results fro the MT as on wheel can get up to 117 with knn filter and stock /before remap the 2.0 is already lower than the MT due to alot of losses of power through cvt about 101hp.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i m a bit concerned on FC if remap. adverts all say this lah that lah. i m hoping for a balanced increase in power and fuel economy. better throttle response will be greatly appreciated too. lolz. can james' open source do all that?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Honestly, unless you have the necessary hardware upgrades like Extractors, mid and rear section, intake upgrades etc. You are looking at a small gain of 5 - 10 HP which has hardly any butt feel. My suggestion: Stay away from performance upgrades of a CVT, instead concentrate on Rims and Bodykits.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
ya cvt are not meant for any heavy performance mods, some of owners already faced cvt heat warning after mod midpipes/remap/extractor

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha. well, i do plan to work on the intake and extractor with cat delete first. not gonna go for high lvl mod here as its a CVT! juz want some added power without sacrificing FC. feel the throttle response is a bit slow and sluggish. maybe with a decent intake and extractor it will be better.

anyone know where to get apexi power intake and pipings? the one's advertised online are 100% fakes. lolz

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I have a Universal APEXI genuine product ( I won in a lucky draw) : I could buy a ram kit available for RM200+ and connect the Universal Apexi Intake Fillter. But I think it would actually reduce the performance, I have a drop in Simota Air Filter using the stock cold box. Too me, this is a safer bet as any increase in intake temperature has an effect on charge air. The hotter the intake the lower is the pressure. I intend to retune the car as after fitting in the exhaust system, my car is now too lean.. I have some pinking when I engage second gear in low speeds.
If you are interested to see my tuner retuning my car: You can call me at 0123882389
I will probably get it done next week.

Last edited:

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
theres 2 ways for me to do the air intake:

1. straight away go for air ram with open pod like apexi power intake and heatshield (must have heatshield) but it will take time and be expensive. heatshield i plan to make myself out of aluminium sheets and plastic corrugated sheets and will take time and can do only after installing air ram and pod. unless spend more money go buy hotbits ready made heat shield.

2. get drop in filter like K&N or Simota first.

either way, i m too big a fan for open pods but proper heatshielding is important or will have bad effect. maybe i will juz drop in first and mod further after warranty ends. lolz.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have a Universal APEXI genuine product ( I won in a lucky draw) : I could buy a ram kit available for RM200+ and connect the Universal Apexi Intake Fillter. But I think it would actually reduce the performance, I have a drop in Simota Air Filter using the stock cold box. Too me, this is a safer bet as any increase in intake temperature has an effect on charge air. The hotter the intake the lower is the pressure. I intend to retune the car as after fitting in the exhaust system, my car is now too lean.. I have some pinking when I engage second gear in low speeds.
If you are interested to see my tuner retuning my car: You can call me at 0123882389
I will probably get it done next week.
jAMES! May I have your tuner's contact? Very interested to remap my ride..

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well, i have put in a simota/works drop in. its damn heavy compared to the original. don't really feel much diff in acceleration and FC yet. but it does sound rougher when i step more on the throttle. hopefully i put it in right. james, did your air intake sounds rougher with the simota drop in?

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
well, i have put in a simota/works drop in. its damn heavy compared to the original. don't really feel much diff in acceleration and FC yet. but it does sound rougher when i step more on the throttle. hopefully i put it in right. james, did your air intake sounds rougher with the simota drop in?
mine was the K&N drop in, sounded rougher as well (like all others). the manufacturer (like mitsu n proton) wanna aim for comfort, so they opt for air filter with heavy padding (the original one). what the original air filter does is it silences the sound (hence less noise) but it also limits the air going in. that's why the aftermarket air filters claim to be better lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

Anyone can share knowledge on how to install car sound system??

I have CD player, Pre-amp, 2-channel Power Am, Component speakers and coaxial speakers... anyone, thanks. BTW, send to kedai, mahal wo...:embaressed_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience