b16b wiring from ek9 dashboard?

spring

Known Member
Oct 8, 2009
Jitra and KL
i convert my civic so4 99 auto to b16b type r year 2000 package including ek9 meter. but when the mechanic do the wiring works, he asked me to buy ek9 dashboard because he told me that there is one more wiring socket to be installed from ecu to the dashboard itself. is it true? for the information, i've changed my original so4 dashboard to dashboard with digital view for aircond panel. is there any other solution to overcome this problem?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
i convert my civic so4 99 auto to b16b type r year 2000 package including ek9 meter. but when the mechanic do the wiring works, he asked me to buy ek9 dashboard because he told me that there is one more wiring socket to be installed from ecu to the dashboard itself. is it true? for the information, i've changed my original so4 dashboard to dashboard with digital view for aircond panel. is there any other solution to overcome this problem?
The wiring of digital climate control has nothing to do with the wiring on engine parts.

The problem I can see is the main harness running behind the dashboard. It's the main harness coming from the main module under your dash. I think your mechanic found missing sockets from the meter, the 2000 ek9 meter has ABS sockets which your local chasis doesn't has. I don't think it's an issue at all unless you want to run ABS with your car.

spring

Known Member
Oct 8, 2009
Jitra and KL
The wiring of digital climate control has nothing to do with the wiring on engine parts.

The problem I can see is the main harness running behind the dashboard. It's the main harness coming from the main module under your dash. I think your mechanic found missing sockets from the meter, the 2000 ek9 meter has ABS sockets which your local chasis doesn't has. I don't think it's an issue at all unless you want to run ABS with your car.
so thats mean i can still use my own dashboard running with ek9 meter and b16b ecu?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Bro...
EK9 year 2000... ECU OBD2B...harness...
You are "missing" which connector? ... this is the ecu diagram pin out

TQ

addtional....

Reconfirm.... your ecu from top 1 or 2?

1. OBD2B
2. OBD2A
3. OBD1
4. OBD

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What’s the deal?

Naza-Brabus, the exclusive sole distributor of Brabus-tuned cars and Brabus performance parts in Malaysia has taken the opportunity to preview its Startech Refinement program with the local debut of The Range Rover Evoque Startech. The exclusive event is part of the many activities held during the Naza Merdeka Auto Fair...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience