can B16B engine kosong using B16a wiring?

kuansr3

Nov 27, 2007
hi to all honda sifu out there,

i own a eg6 with b16a manual. i am planning to change my engine.
the things that bother me is, can i put in B16B or B18CR engine (just drop in the complete engine kosong without the wiring not the halfcut) using my eg6
wiring & the b16a computer box as well.
any advised or technical feedback or any additional parts i need to add on that i can get from you all honda sifu out there. and maybe can recommend which workshop can does the thing.

i want to use only engine kosong becoz small budget lah...

hope to hear from you all honda sifu soon. thank u.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
a lot of people did it already. Just have to find a mechanic that knows how.

kuansr3

Nov 27, 2007
wah, that mean just like plug and play lah.... can b18cr engine kosong works as well without need to add engine management for example Greddy e-manage(blue)?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
wah, that mean just like plug and play lah.... can b18cr engine kosong works as well without need to add engine management for example Greddy e-manage(blue)?
You need a chipped ECU at least, B18C chips are really really common. I have spoons, mugen, feel's, B18C chips (amongst others)

Or you can go really really cheapskate and run B16A ecu at 4bar.. This one is so you can drive to the dyno and get it tune properly, actually, but you can daily drive it...to an extent.

But if you already have a B16A, go 2.0L with B20B also can (cheaper too, depending on choice of internals.)

B18C/B16B is usually for people converting from the D series.

Last edited:

budin99

Known Member
Mar 19, 2006
since we talk about changing bottom part, i would like to ask related question too:-

1. let say, i had B16A complete engine in my bay, would like to change to B16B or B18C block. What is the advantages of this setup since the Piston diameter still the same.

any power gain of this setup? TQ!

IVAN TAN

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
hi to all honda sifu out there,

i own a eg6 with b16a manual. i am planning to change my engine.
the things that bother me is, can i put in B16B or B18CR engine (just drop in the complete engine kosong without the wiring not the halfcut) using my eg6
wiring & the b16a computer box as well.
any advised or technical feedback or any additional parts i need to add on that i can get from you all honda sifu out there. and maybe can recommend which workshop can does the thing.

i want to use only engine kosong becoz small budget lah...

hope to hear from you all honda sifu soon. thank u.

bro, u can check wif Supertune....... siful honda : 0123925263; mr jiao

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
hmmmm,... ur b16a rosak already izzit?
if not, then change for what?
change heart but no management, and use for daily driving, seems to defeat the purpose bro,...

b16a manual on an eg6 already super duper truper powerfullll, i think,...

juz my rm0.20 sen,... :driver: :driver: :driver:

greyrex

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Georgetown
www.teamcrx.tk
Yup...if you're planning to change to b16b or b18c and still running on a b16a ecu,you're not utilizing the output from the engine.At least have a piggyback to tune it.If not,just get the complete ecu's and wirings.Maybe an extra of RM2k.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
since we talk about changing bottom part, i would like to ask related question too:-

1. let say, i had B16A complete engine in my bay, would like to change to B16B or B18C block. What is the advantages of this setup since the Piston diameter still the same.

any power gain of this setup? TQ!
B16B.. well.. some people have had good results with them with close ratio gearbox and high rpm and playing with final drive for the torque multiplication.
But with the stock gearbox/stock everything (full ek9 conversion), testing one left me with the feeling of... ?????

The low end power just isn't there.. but it's OBDII, so that's a plus.. for some people, and the high end power is okay as well, after all, it does make 200hp on engine stock.

B18C block, it's a bigger stroker than 1.6, so if you swap this in, your low end torque will be a lot better.

budin99

Known Member
Mar 19, 2006
haaa....TQ Shiro. I luv torque. for b16B, what piston that we can use for more torque? ford piston? any further info?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
That one, all also can.. if you increase compression, you get more power, you increase stroke, you get more power, but only up to the point before the cylinder sleeves fail, or something else gives way.

Custom forged pistons are best.. :P, along with the appropriate forged rods, and keep the max bore to the +1mm bore the most, unless you don't want the engine to last that long.

kuansr3

Nov 27, 2007
so sifu shiroitenshi,

you said that at least need a chipped ecu. i don get it lah. izzit replace the b16a ecu with a reprogramme ecu or pair it with for example Greedy E-manage or use the stand alone engine managementsystem to get a greater result.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
so sifu shiroitenshi,

you said that at least need a chipped ecu. i don get it lah. izzit replace the b16a ecu with a reprogramme ecu or pair it with for example Greedy E-manage or use the stand alone engine managementsystem to get a greater result.
Yep, whatever method works.. as long as it's tuned right.
piggyback or standalone, that depends on your budget.

kuansr3

Nov 27, 2007
thanks forthe info sifu shiroitenshi,

one more think i want to ask is can i rojak the engine kosong for example
using B16B head mix with B18C Type R block?

if can... what is the thing or any advanced mods that i have concerned about?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have one engine kosong, and i try to mod webber but the only problem is i dont know what air manualfuel can use ?? any one can help me thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience