B16A problem !!!

amir123

Mar 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Im posting this behalf of my friend.
He has a honda civic ex (4 door) with b16a engine with a stock ecu which came with the engine.
Recently about 1 week ago, he did some minor mods on the car.
He changed the throttle body to Skunk2 throttle body.
Now, the car is having some problems.
The timing is not right, sometimes when the car is idling, the timing is at 500rpm, and the car feels like dying.
Sometimes even when hes driving, after rembat the car on the highway, and then drive slowly, when he changes gear, the car will die, and he needs to start the car back again.
And since he changed to the Skunk2 throttle body, i cannot even tell there is any difference, and the sound of the VTEC is not as loud as it was before.
So can anyone help me diagnose the probelm?
What would you recommend to do? Tune the car? Change the ECU? Need everyones help pleaseeeeee :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
definitely. once u touch the tps = mati... took me damn long to get it right again..

amir123

Mar 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
But theres no problem with the tps, at first there was a problem with the tps, check light keluar.
Tapi lepastu, dah ok, tps smue takda problem.
But the problem is, the car mcm xda beza langsung, even after changing the throttle body.
So do u guys have any suggestion?
Maybe kene tune sikit ke? Tukatlr ecu ke ?
Thanks for giving your suggestions.

amir123

Mar 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Already reset, but the car still giving problem.
And ecu also standard b16a ecu.
The car feels like its going to die and sometimes will die while driving.
And theres no power difference since he changed to Skunk2 throttle body.
Maybe theres something wrong with the fuel air ratio? Maybe need to change ecu? Anybody can give suggestions?
Usually bila dah tukar throttle body, boleh rasa beza bila bawak laju, tapi ini laju die sama mcm dulu, no difference also. So how to get more power from that throttle body? What needs to be tuned?

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
check the tps bro,face this probs b4......rpm too low,then when moving press clutch to change gear engine suddenly stalled......low rpm engine feels like wana die,but high rpm ok.....no power difference after change throttle body need sifu to explain:biggrin:

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Confirmed TPS. I had this problem before where my TPS loose & I use cable tie to tie up & use till now no problem...:biggrin:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Let me say again... TPS position adjustment
problem. Please note that it is not the TPS defect but
The position is not correct so could cause too much or too little fuel.
Therefore the ecu cannot give the correct fuel to match the signal receive from the
MAP sensor...
Conclusion, send the car to a Honda God foreman.

Tq

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
like bro e-tech said, tps not faulty, but not adjusted to the right position. if position wrongly, check light wont come out, your car will just have funky idle.

listen to e-tech.. hehehe.

nates_GTR

Known Member
Aug 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Let me say again... TPS position adjustment
problem. Please note that it is not the TPS defect but
The position is not correct so could cause too much or too little fuel.
Therefore the ecu cannot give the correct fuel to match the signal receive from the
MAP sensor...
Conclusion, send the car to a Honda God foreman.

Tq
yeah that's right, especially when u changed ur TB. Happened to me also. Changed throttle body but not adjusted TPS sensor. Took my mechanic the whole day until call his sifu then adjust back everything going back together again.

stingg

Known Member
Sep 20, 2005
subang jaya
TPS need to be align properly. If got voltmeter, use a needle to poke the signal wire(should be middle and ground to make sure it is at 0.45Volt. If not loosen the "star" screw of the tps and turn until it hit 0.45Volt.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody can tell me where can i tune my mivec and how much they will charge? thanks ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience