b16a check light problem

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
weired... my car...after doing d exhaust piping.... sometimes... when i floor my throttle n when hit a bumpy road d check light was on ... then i press clutch , switch off d engine n re start it... d light gone.... only happens once in a while... but today ... i use d same method .. but after around 4-5 minits ..d light is back .... i park my car.... fuel fume are so 'nose hitting' frm d exhaust.... wats d problem..? i suspect d sensor was spoilt bcuz they just hang my sensor frm my car when they weld my bullet n i guess d wire cant hold d weight of sensor n have connection problem after tat...

i dun wish to do guessing... but i dont know wher to send my car to do diagnostic...is ther any place to recommend which give fair price over their good service?

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
i think all honda SC can do the diagnostic and tell u which sensor/what problems u have.

in wangsa maju there is a honda 3S centre. i bet they can do it

Spoonz

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
I also encounter the same problem after changing my meter to manual one. But it only occur once in a while.... I think because of the incomplete wiring connected to the meter wire... When I want to install the manual meter there are several "extra" wire that have no connection...
Izzit true that wangsa maju 3s can do diagnostic on b16a?
Consider sending my car there...

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
o2 sensor problem............hapen once to me where they didn't put it properly n endup damaged the o2 sensor due to it knocked agains the car body

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
yes i can still engage on my vtec....i gues i wil first check my sensor whether its installed properly or not...

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
today went back to d exhaust shop ... raised d car on d platform n remove d sensor behind d bullet...d wire are quite entangled.... then i try to untangle it ... wipe d sensor n then put it back in ... finger crossed d check light is no more ther for d whole evening n night drive.... but hopefully it wont appear anymore... but i guess i would send it to honda to further check if ther is any errors...

stimGILER

Known Member
Oct 10, 2005
check for error code .. can DIY ..

carnage

Known Member
May 11, 2005
bdr baru sentul
agree with stimgiler... u wanna chk da codes, diy it man... sc's gonna charge u
some unlogical (i heard fr those who actually went there- sorry if they r all tales)
fees juz 2 chk da codes alone... below is a thread fr honda-tech on ecu stuff.
at the top, there's a link 2 a vid on how 2 chk da CEL codes... use a piece of wire
bout 1 inch long or maybe a paper clip... happy diy

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1171263

CA Gan

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
this is common problem to most of Honda cars, it happened to my car before, it was due to knock sensor. Usually only a few sensors will be affected... Go to workshop and do the diagnostic check with the tester, u'll know the result.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Morning ZTHians...

Just to get some opinions and suggestion from everyone or those who had experienced such
accident before. Please share with us your experience, opinions or suggestions for the best
course of action when one is involve in an accident with a Motorcycle.

Firsty, let me share my part of story. I was driving at around Ampang area after meeting up
a friend at his new home. At that time, traffic was starting to increase. So, was jamming up
at this stretch at Ampang where it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience