B16a Gearbox Synchro Problem

b-eater

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
My b16a gearbox got problem when shifting on gear 3 and gear 5, it is hard to shift gear when high reving that will cos a trouble for me when dragging :Not_Impressed:

Can i know what are the things that need to fix and change and what are the cost of it? Dont as me to change to CTR / ITR gearbox cos i dun have money :X-:

b-eater

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
but i think mine can consider teruk already, change gerabox oil also i think no use wan.

ok how about syncro?? if mine kena gear 3 and 5 what are the syncro that need to be change? can rojak my gearbox to close ratio ah?

b-eater

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
avantasia said:
from wat gear?

3 to 4 or 4 to 5?
mine one from 2 to 3
and
4 to 5.

what are things to repair and what cost?

budin99

Known Member
Mar 19, 2006
somebody quote me last time..to repair regarding dis syncro about RM7++.

b-eater

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
i change the gearbox oil to motul last time but still got the problem.
and i think it becoming worst, to pevent it before my gearbox truly koyak i think the syncro need to be change.
but can we rojak the gearbox to close ratio or do i need to change the syncro?
the syncro selling alone in a set by gear or what?
as i surf the N1 website they selling like this:

https://secure.n1racing.net/eshop/index.php?pg=list&prod_id=44

but this one is teribly out of my budget, any choice left??

user6

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Kuching/Sarawak
Visit site
Bro b ... ..I got tat kinda problem oso last time..Serviced it once,and it was ok.Few months later the same problem came back..So finally managed to save some money and changed the g/box tat cost me 2k w/out LSD..
In my case,my mechanic told me tat the shaft inside the g/box itself maybe `rosak` so I tought,its been more than 6 yrs so its about time change it...so there goes my g/box problem and my 2k .....ehehiehihei.Worth it?I guess so...

Cheers!

b-eater

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
avantasia said:
syncro is different with ratio!!!!

u change u'r syncro 1st then ratio + using motul gear competition at RM126 per litre....
ohh i tot syncro is the same thing as the gear of the ratio, damn im truly confusing. so the syncro is working by itself la nothing to do with the ratio is it? hermmm.

b-eater

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
user6 said:
Bro b ... ..I got tat kinda problem oso last time..Serviced it once,and it was ok.Few months later the same problem came back..So finally managed to save some money and changed the g/box tat cost me 2k w/out LSD..
In my case,my mechanic told me tat the shaft inside the g/box itself maybe `rosak` so I tought,its been more than 6 yrs so its about time change it...so there goes my g/box problem and my 2k .....ehehiehihei.Worth it?I guess so...

Cheers!
yaaa i heard that too, got some do the syncro but in a time the problem will occur back. but it take timela. but if i change the whole gearbox pun ... if the gearbox also got this kind of problem it is the same thing also.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys..
i already got e-manage..
but some people say..
chip wil incease more power n torque..
plzz state to me which is beter or put in both..?
plus izzit safe?
thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience