B16A Max Modifications

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
me no investigator..actually me like 2 share...d truth is,all those mentioned specs r actually frm me engine...only i malu wanna say its mine..miiahahhaahahah

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Sorry newbie here tumpang lalu..

Of course B16a/b can rev high with less vibration,friction,sidewall-load to the cylinders due to their rs ratio and less rod-angles(1.74:1 & 1.84:1) while b20B/Z and B18A/B (on their standard stroke) are only 1.54:1 and was built by the manufacturer without vtec. 1.75:1 is considered 'ideal' by some engine builders and some of them do believe if below 1.61:1 (with the exception of stock B18C & B18C-R with rs ratio of 1.58:1) , the use of good n strong conrods,bearings,headbolts are recommended.

I dont think u will 'miss' the excitement of b16a's high revving when u plonk in a B20/18's bottom end. Technically speaking, at 7krpm B16A's 81mm piston only travels 18m/sec while B20 with vtec head already reaches 20-22m/sec (depends on it's strokes,piston diameters,bottom end internal weights etc).

If you're afraid of vibrations during high rpm when using above 85mm maybe you can afford an Endyn rods to hold the cylinders if resleeving and blockguard isnt your option.

As for camshaft ,valvetrains,piston diameters,piston selections, static & dynamic compressions,wrist pin locations,a/f ratios tuning,ignitions,fuellings,ITB goes , many SIFUS here including you yourself had discussed earlier.

But if u're planning to only use the stock 137mm rods and headbolts and stock camshaft (?) maybe b20s sifus can help u to choose a relevant piston and their sizes and it's redline range for your wallet-safety purpose.The risk is always there, if Kaboom just build another...even F1 engine 'kong' sumtimes.

Pls correct me if im wrong..peace.

RALAT ITU NORMAL.

sacrifice oil consumption
Actually you're right.. and I don't think I want to argue with you on that.

Actually the B20B is nicer, don't even need high revs to get power.. but the thing with high revs is to achieve the big hp number.. you won't see any other NA engine making 230-260atw with something just a little over 2L.. but honda manages it just fine.. just by making it rev higher, reliably. A 2L b-series built by endyn manages near 300hp at the wheels.. and it only manages to get that with high RPM.. I don't think it's possible to hit the current hp numbers we commonly see on B20B blocks if we're only limited to 6.5K rpm.

Well.. target is a target.. achievable or not, that one another story.

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
Then 2l max revv is about 8k larr eh??
patut la cepat pow mine...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Hahah... football freak ah?

I actually just woke up.. sleep too early just now.. :P

feDex

Known Member
Dec 21, 2005
u can try this tips

B18C block
2.0 stroker kit
81.25mm civic type-r piston

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im newbie n consider to transplat my wira 1.3M carb to 4G91 MPI manual....i wan to ask any sifu here can tell me about the price for the halfcut ?? n if i get the parts separetely, how bout the price oso....??? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience