Apexera SAFC & VAFC

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
hey guys, may i know is there any good tuner (with dyno) for safc in a 4age 20v engine? and how much is the charges?

thanks!

melsolo

Apr 17, 2007
SAFC2-Dyno or Road Tune?

Hi Guys,
New to this so please bear with me. I have a standard Accord 90 with a SAFC2 hooked up and the person who hooked it up for me set it but the car was pinking badly and felt underpowered. So i decided to get it tuned at Sunway with a dyno and my HP increased by 5HP on paper. Now this felt like how my car was before i hooked up the SAFC2. And the fuel consumption was the same before and after dyno tune. In effect, i did not feel any difference in power while driving and in fuel consumption (before i installed it and after dyno)
My problem is this, i installed it on my standard car to get better fuel consumption (primarily) and if the power was better or smoother that was a bonus. But now it seems that its the same!
So is the SAFC2 only to increase power? Is there anyone who can help me tune it for better consumption without pinking? I was told by the dyno-tuner that SAFC2 cannot give you better fuel consumption but only increase power a bit....is this true??
I have read many of the write ups here and my eyes are swollen and blur....but i do know there are many sifu's here and any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Mel.

melsolo

Apr 17, 2007
SAFC11-Dyno or Road Tune?

Hi all.
I am new to this forum and have read many great and extensive reporte on the SAFC2. However i still have some questions and given that i am new at this i hope all of you would put up with me.
I installed an SAFC2 on my 1990 Accord primarily for tuning to better fuel consumption. The person who installed it manually tuned it and i found the car under powered and pinking very badly. So i took my car to Sunway and got it dyno tuned and the pinking stopped and apparently i got 5 HP more!But the tuner told me that SAFC2 can only be tweaked to get a bit more power but would not better my fuel consumption. Further, my fuel consumption is the same after dyno and before instalation of the SAFC2. The power is the same too....so my question is does this SAFC2 work to cut fuel consumption? If it does work, is there anyone who can tune it for me?
I bought this unit 2nd hand and was told it will cut fuel consumption and increase my power a little bit....so far i have seen neither and my car has been tuned 2 times!
So i would appreciate any help from all the sifu's in this forum to help me in any way to tune my car for better consumption without my car pinking.
Thank you all,
Mel.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
u got it all wrong
first thing first
if u got a modded car then only get a safc
if not its waste of money n time
a safc will only reduce consumption if the current tune by the standard ecu is RICH , then u use SAFC to make it stoich
if the current ecu is not giving enuff fuel , then u use safc to add fueling
in my opinion , anyhting less than 10hp will nt give u the kick of extra power , 5hp is nothing la bro , if u say 100hp then u can feel it, 5hp increase cant be felt
and tuning on dyno really need good expertise
if the load is nt adjusted properly , the tune will be fine on dyno bt will nt be on the road
my opinion , sell off the safc or keep it till u mod ur car

melsolo

Apr 17, 2007
Common sense...

jinkl,
But aren't all cars in stock tuned a little rich by the manufacturer? If so, wouldn't fine tuning it give better consumption by runningg a little lean? I do not know the technical details cos new to this but merely using common sense....And 100Hp is a very heavily modded car bro....u tell me 30 hp ok la, can feel, even my car 5HP i can feel the difference....but 100 HP , that is already race car la....

Mel.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
bro im just giving example about the 100hp thing
my saying is that , u cant get much or expect much for stock car
consumption might be better bt nt noticeabel few bucks gone down cant notice mar , n its good u could feel the extra power
bt i always choose on road dyno , cos u run on the road everyday n not the dyno machine :) , if ur car is pinging , then u r most probably running lean rite
the reason y they make it a lil richer is to increase the lifespan of the engine, its still very near to stoich

melsolo

Apr 17, 2007
jinkl,
thanks for the info...at least i know now roughly what to expect...By the way, who can road tune and how much would it cost?
Thanks again.

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
tune on road or dyno is not the same....

in dyno they use big wheel under ur tyre to determine n calcualte ur hp, the different car have different load or weight, rim size....so dyno is not 100%

if tune on road then is the 100% then go dyno ur car for hp or torque. a bit danger la....for tune on road....last time i tune my acr on road for 4 hours.....full tank fuel gone.....charge me average la.....

i tune on dyno for 3 times.....then last is on road tune....i feel can feel road tune is more suitable for my car la...anyway my car is wira hybrid 1.8 mivec, emange

dont consider the hp for all time....torque is the most important.....the powerband graph for ur car...which point is the max torque n last how long for the torque...next time u race u can follow the shiftpoint to accelerate.

fuel comsumpsion Rm70= 450.....70%highway, 30%urban

as ur case.....safc2 can tune to save fuel de but u will lost a bit power.....more fuel more power this is the characteristic for car engine

melsolo

Apr 17, 2007
Heefmy,
Thank you for that great illustration. It has opened my eyes a bit nore and what you say has made a lot of sense to me. For that i thank you sir. However, i do have one question....who did your road tune for you? Was he good? How can i contact him? And how much did he charge you?
Once again , thank you sir.
Mel.

melsolo

Apr 17, 2007
Anyone knkow how to road tune SAFC2?

Hi,
Anyone knnow how to road tune a SAFC2? And how much will it cost and how can i get in touch with this person? All help appreciated. Thanks.

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
is a professional tuner based on emanage...he is very good.....about the price i dont know for urs...for mine i cant tell here la.....he will fuck me up...wat i can tell is not over 350. if u wan then i can help u to contact him...he actually sell motul oil but as a tuner as well for his few track car.....call me at 0122326944 if u interest to tune ur car.

JA84

Oct 23, 2009
Johore
VAFC II "VTEC changeover point learning mode" ???

Copy & paste from VAFC II manual quote:

"? These learning contents do not affect any setting.
Use them for setting reference only"

Can anybody explain this to me?
What exactly the "VTEC learning" function?