One more thing. can one of the IS250 owner create a new thread
1) Maintenance schedule and cost.
2) Basic data about IS250 and specs.

We can pin it up for future reference for potential buyers

lathen

Known Member
Dec 31, 2010
Johor Bahru
I've confirmed uk spec ODO meter is based on miles, not km. So if ODO meter show that the car has used for 30,000++ , u have to multiply by 1.61 = 48,000++ km, dun be fooled by the salesman that the car has only used 30,000++.

lckia

Known Member
Aug 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've confirmed uk spec ODO meter is based on miles, not km. So if ODO meter show that the car has used for 30,000++ , u have to multiply by 1.61 = 48,000++ km, dun be fooled by the salesman that the car has only used 30,000++.
darn, which is why those UK spec are showing a comparable mileage to the japanese.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
darn, which is why those UK spec are showing a comparable mileage to the japanese.
The next big question IS..are those what you see the ACTUAL mileage that was clocked during it's time in the country of origin?????
Think about it....

turbo_menace

Known Member
Dec 21, 2005
ikennylaw,

actually we can change the settings for the waning light on the meter. for both speed and rpm. problem is the setting part is all in japanese :(

also my AFS is off now, tried setting it to on b ut once again everything is in japanese. i downloaded the is250 users manual. should be the standard one for all, quite a number of things that can be done if everything was in english.............

even the main screen to connect bluetooth and all susah to do.

maybe all us jap specs should hire a japanese translator and spend like a couple of hours to lset and learn more about the car.

i checked with my acc shop guy and he said can change to english by changing the ECU to UK model........guess the cost.......... 13K!!!!

ikennylaw

Dec 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ikennylaw,

actually we can change the settings for the waning light on the meter. for both speed and rpm. problem is the setting part is all in japanese :(

also my AFS is off now, tried setting it to on b ut once again everything is in japanese. i downloaded the is250 users manual. should be the standard one for all, quite a number of things that can be done if everything was in english.............

even the main screen to connect bluetooth and all susah to do.

maybe all us jap specs should hire a japanese translator and spend like a couple of hours to lset and learn more about the car.

i checked with my acc shop guy and he said can change to english by changing the ECU to UK model........guess the cost.......... 13K!!!!
Hi bro turbo_manace,

I'm waiting for my sister in law to come back from Japan as she went back for their NEW YEAR when I got my car.. She's is Japanese who can help us to translate.. Hehe.. I did tried to change the warning light.. but MAX is 120km/h for orange which same for red zone..

Haha, I did find it quite challenging connecting my phone to bluetooth.. but, i've done mine.. it was awesome.. nice and clear.. :) Let me know if you need my help too.. maybe we can catch up and exchange some info.. :D I want to learn more about this car too.. Hehe..

Opps, forgot to wish you guys HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 here!!

Wish Everyone Have a Happy New Year 2011 with Happiness, Peace & Prosperity!!

Mic Tie

From Facebook
Aug 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hmmm mine one don't have warning light over 120 km or 180 km
Bluetooth is very useful for my sony ericson but rare use in public, worry every 1 in my car listen what I talking hehehehe
Hope your sister in law can help us translate japanese in screen and I wanna about service setting in g book

turbo_menace

Known Member
Dec 21, 2005
ikennylaw,

bro, looks like your much better off then me...........hahahahhaha i tekan i few buttons and the car just kept speaking to me in japanese..........jamm already myself(my standard reply back to the car is hai!, ichibawa), so i left it alone......

yeah man we got to meet up and share knowledge, first time having a car and don't know how to work things........ feel damm sad ler.........

Your sister in law can do training for us ah ;)

confirm buy her lunch.............

will PM you my mobile number.......

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
One more thing. can one of the IS250 owner create a new thread
1) Maintenance schedule and cost.
2) Basic data about IS250 and specs.

We can pin it up for future reference for potential buyers
yayaya... totally agreed...maybe can add IS250 into the FAQ topic...
* i so want to know the significant diff in spec between the ukdm and jdm's *
and is250 owners .. pls join the TT.. the more the merrier.

ON the forum title..
me too AGREED that is to be changed.
i got 2 proposal

-> "The Altezza/IS2xx/IS3xx"
-> "The Altezza/IS"

instead of 200/300/250/350...later long until IS900 ler...:banghead:

p/s: what's everybody availability on the first TT of the year?

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
I smell a TT this friday......:biggrin: mike so how.. I got some IS250 magazine and brochures I can bring. I also have ISF brochure from US. So IS250 guys how? coming?.

ikennylaw

Dec 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I smell a TT this friday......:biggrin: mike so how.. I got some IS250 magazine and brochures I can bring. I also have ISF brochure from US. So IS250 guys how? coming?.
Depends on what time.. I should be ON.. :biggrin: :driver:

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Hmmm mine one don't have warning light over 120 km or 180 km
Bluetooth is very useful for my sony ericson but rare use in public, worry every 1 in my car listen what I talking hehehehe
Hope your sister in law can help us translate japanese in screen and I wanna about service setting in g book
Hi Bro Mic Tie,

My IS initially don't have the 120km/h red zone until I set the orange warning limit.. Hehe, I do scared of the bluetooth too.. Haha... The G Book thingy I have to talk to my sister in law this coming weekend while I go back to my hometown.. :D

lckia

Known Member
Aug 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on what time.. I should be ON.. :biggrin: :driver:

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Hi Bro Mic Tie,

My IS initially don't have the 120km/h red zone until I set the orange warning limit.. Hehe, I do scared of the bluetooth too.. Haha... The G Book thingy I have to talk to my sister in law this coming weekend while I go back to my hometown.. :D
The red zone and orange zones are when you turn on warning for your speedo. The red zone is fixed (UK & M'sia 200kmh, JDM 120kmh). The maximum limit for orange zone is the red zone.

Same orange and red zone is available for tacho too!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Photographers in China has spotted an Exora prototype running around in northern China. It might indicate that the proton-youngman partnership might also include this MPV in the future. This will mean that the production volumes of the Exora will be big to give the economies of scale, meaning more affordable cars for the consumer. It will add another destination for the export of the Exora, other than the Europe, Iran and the rumoured Mitsubushi rebadging of the Exora...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience