Any Information on Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
kevin62 said:
Lancer only come with 1.6 without MIVEC a?

If like that not worth to get 1 lo. Then how about colt? 1.5 MIVEC?
The Lancer is actually powered by Mitsu's 4G18, yes same one as the one in the Proton Waja.

Only difference is the INVECS II system, which gives it slightly more power and torque.

There are a few versions of the Colt. A 147bhp turbo-charged, even a even higher spec Ralliart version. Not sure if they have it here though.

IMHO, the new Lancers are ugly and the Colt too MPV-ish. For RM100K i'd buy something else.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Crash said:
IMHO, the new Lancers are ugly and the Colt too MPV-ish. For RM100K i'd buy something else.
Hahah the fella bought it already lah. Kesian him.

On the bright side, being based on a similar engine like the Waja means you may be able to interchange some parts. So in future, finding spare parts (besides the CVT) won't give you too much headache.

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
ya put in an evo engine is easy.....the only down side is engine only.test drive is good, the rest of it is good oso n cbu from japan. not many now japan mari oledi.

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
prozac said:
Hahah the fella bought it already lah. Kesian him.

On the bright side, being based on a similar engine like the Waja means you may be able to interchange some parts. So in future, finding spare parts (besides the CVT) won't give you too much headache.
It's just personal taste that I think the older Lancers look better. Being a Mitsu, I'm sure it is well-built with above-average ride.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
flizzardo said:
but i like lancer evo ..... its been my dream to own one.. but my dad would never buy me a 2nd hand car and for first hand evo damn expensive i am very excited when lancer came to malaysia :rock:

anyway tehre is no turning back we already paid for booking fee and it will arrive next month :dancing2:
already booked one? well, that's good for you. everybody here loves the Evo but between Evo and normal Lancers they're like day and night. except similarities in looks...which proton owners may never get. :lol: