Any Information on Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
hi everyone,

Got a fren wanted to buy car. today test drive mitsubishi lancer 1.6 with him. suspension is very good and good quality cause CBU from Japan.. only problem is there not much ppl driving lancer in malaysia and dunno how reliable is their car. Engine wise is bit disappointed cause SOHC and no MIVEC. Anyone got any idea of long term use of this car?? Thank you.

tko73

Aug 15, 2005
Penang
I've also test drive the Lancer. Acceleration is OK but the engine sucks big time :thumpdown It's a 4g18 1.6 SOHC, same as Waja's engine....furthermore it cost 102K OTR. For this kind of price, not worth it la. Might as well get a Waja and dump an EVO engine into it. Now that really rocks, man :rock:
I've also check with the salesman, if you want MIVEC engine, can but cost at least 150K :frown: Furthermore, only auto....no manual :frown:

verticalimit

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
murcielago said:
hi everyone,

Got a fren wanted to buy car. today test drive mitsubishi lancer 1.6 with him. suspension is very good and good quality cause CBU from Japan.. only problem is there not much ppl driving lancer in malaysia and dunno how reliable is their car. Engine wise is bit disappointed cause SOHC and no MIVEC. Anyone got any idea of long term use of this car?? Thank you.
u get 1.6 at least better then the 1.5 mah. change it to evo6 bodykit then put evo 4,5,6 inside sure rox

kevin62

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Penang
Lancer only come with 1.6 without MIVEC a?

If like that not worth to get 1 lo. Then how about colt? 1.5 MIVEC?

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
get lancer 1.5....fully converted to evo....interior n exterior....engine, rim, suspension, muffler.....all changed

cun gila :rock:

flizzardo

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Johor
anyone knows how long until can get the lancer? do i need to book ? or straight away can get .. iheard from someone need to wait 1 month for next shipment because they sold out already is that true? thank you!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I'm sorry but the Lancer interior isn't really my cup of tea. Exterior looks pretty good and i reckon the light blue color is the best looking one. Plus, this Lancer is a fully imported one so you can be assured of its build quality.

However, for those who intend to buy it and later dump in a couple of thousands to convert it to Evo, i'd say you mights well save up the money now and buy a 2nd hand Evo later. Why go thru the hassle of converting it, searching for parts, worrying about its reliability and in the end still get a stitched up car. I can understand if you're driving a Wira or Waja now and wanna convert but this is a Lancer we're talking about. No point converting when you just pay a couple of thousand extra to get the real deal.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
prodigy said:
I'm sorry but the Lancer interior isn't really my cup of tea. Exterior looks pretty good and i reckon the light blue color is the best looking one. Plus, this Lancer is a fully imported one so you can be assured of its build quality.

However, for those who intend to buy it and later dump in a couple of thousands to convert it to Evo, i'd say you mights well save up the money now and buy a 2nd hand Evo later. Why go thru the hassle of converting it, searching for parts, worrying about its reliability and in the end still get a stitched up car. I can understand if you're driving a Wira or Waja now and wanna convert but this is a Lancer we're talking about. No point converting when you just pay a couple of thousand extra to get the real deal.
agree... from what i notice, the new lancer headlight and it tail light is different from the Evo series..... u might need to spend alot to convert it might as well get a real evo....

flizzardo

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Johor
but new one got warranty mah? summore first owner so i will know everything about the car :cool: also slow slow upgrade lah when got money lol :tongue:

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
then meh slowly upgrade lo... do the important upgrade 1st.. buy lancer .5 enough n convert.. more worth...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
not recommendable. for 100K u can get
1. a perdana V6.
2. Naza Ria 2.5 V6 MPV (i heard will increase price to 110K soon)
3. one new waja with 40K spare.
4. one gen2 manual with 45K spare.
5. 2 savvy (one reserve) with 20K spare.
6. 2 myvi premium spec.

unless u really got the money (unlike many of us here..sad...), i advice u against buying it. think of depereciation....10% every year. and people wont buy 2nd hand even at 50K (after 6 years) becoz they will face difficulties selling back.

the car is good though, colt MIVEC (i understand with turbocharger) is better bet. 5 years warranty given by EONmart is also an attractive point.

flizzardo

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Johor
zan said:
1. a perdana V6.
6. 2 myvi premium spec.

unless u really got the money (unlike many of us here..sad...), i advice u against buying it. think of depereciation....10% every year. and people wont buy 2nd hand even at 50K (after 6 years) becoz they will face difficulties selling back.

the car is good though, colt MIVEC (i understand with turbocharger) is better bet. 5 years warranty given by EONmart is also an attractive point.

but i like lancer evo ..... its been my dream to own one.. but my dad would never buy me a 2nd hand car and for first hand evo damn expensive i am very excited when lancer came to malaysia :rock:

anyway tehre is no turning back we already paid for booking fee and it will arrive next month :dancing2:

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
flizzardo said:
but i like lancer evo ..... its been my dream to own one.. but my dad would never buy me a 2nd hand car and for first hand evo damn expensive i am very excited when lancer came to malaysia :rock:

anyway tehre is no turning back we already paid for booking fee and it will arrive next month :dancing2:
Congrats on your purchase! The important thing is that you really want something and when you finally get it, it will feel really good no matter what...

..rather than buying something "better" but not what you really wanted.

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
zan said:
1. a perdana V6.
6. 2 myvi premium spec.

for ppl who willing to spend 100k on car, usually they already fed up wif local car. if someone is satisfied with quality of proton n perodua, good for them cause can save a lot of money.

colt for such a small car, the price is very exorbitant n no turbo..it only got mivec...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello to all
i need help here....
any 1 know where i can get double din dvd player ribbon replacement,
or any 1 know where to buy the ribbon...
pls pm me ya....
or who know to repair it just pm mee
tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience