Another Puzzle: Water & Wine

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
There are 2 glasses on the table. One contains water, the other one wine. They both contain exactly the same amount by volume. If you take a teaspoon of water and mix it into the wine and then take a teaspoon from the wine glass and mix it in with the water, both glasses become contaminated. But which is more contaminated? Does the water now contain more wine than the wine does water? Or the other way around?

Those who KNOWS the answer already, :mouth_closed: .. Lets see who can get it...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i believe u can't see much differences in that cup of wine... hmm... maybe the cup of water may look alittle more tainted?

ka_ren

500 RPM
Oct 12, 2004
K.L
water gets contaminated while wine gets diluted?
??

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
what is the rationale then? does it have to do with oxidisation or something? Density? ??

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Duke Red said:
what is the rationale then? does it have to do with oxidisation or something? Density? ??
I'm guessing it is just a play of words.

If you take a teaspoon of water and mix it into the wine and then take a teaspoon from the wine glass and mix it in with the water, both glasses become contaminated.
My interpretation is, that a teaspoon of water was transfered into the wine. But only the teaspoon was transfered from the wine glass over to the water glass. Therefore, contamination of the wine is far greater.

Just a wild guess.

Last edited:

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
si|verfish said:
I'm guessing it is just a play of words.

My interpretation is, that a teaspoon of water was transfered into the wine. But only the teaspoon was transfered from the wine glass over to the water glass. Therefore, contamination of the wine is far greater.

Just a wild guess.
Good point.

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
i got confuse
the wine is contaminated
coz water contains bacteria

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
simonchangwaimun said:
i got confuse
the wine is contaminated
coz water contains bacteria
Contamination does not necessarily mean that it is dirty or contains polutants or microorganisms. The meaning used here is in the context of the liquid being in an "impure" state or less pure than in its original state.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as we know , most alarm come with 1 socket for us to add a shock sensor or microwave sensor to add the security....but, is it possible to add more than 1 sensor if only 1 socket provided?

i think 1 sensor is not enuff..as it only can detect the movement when someone trigger 2 infra red line....but if the person lie down or lower their body when enter the car, the sensor wont do anything....

so any alarm sifu can help?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience