Another A/C Prob

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
Hi guys, I'm driving an old Honda Civic (year 1983 2nd Gen) and the car was running in tip top condition. I can even start the car with the air cond on everytime without it dying off while idling. But now, whenever I start the car with the a/cond on, the car just dies off! Not only the problem, the car power has gone down so much that I hardly hit 100km/h while driving on the highway, and acceleration gone down a lot too (can feel that). That happens when I on the a/cond... But still can feel that power went down when the a/cond wasn't on but not that obvious.

Another problem is when stuck in the traffic, the car heat will jump up, and the exhaust will start to emit white smoke, well... a lot of smoke. The smoke of course will eventually go if the car is moving so some time, but the smoke amount (a lot!) is really killing me and other environment. Got once the smoke came out and surround the car... ppl thought my car was on fire! Not to mention, when I idle my car for more than 5 mins, engine oil start leaking out... :( Whether this problem is related to a/cond or not, I need to know from the proz.

Can someone tell me what is happening? And if you guys want to help, please explain in detail.. I dun understand much short form like FICD and TB since I only know car basic needs.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
1st problem... check ur aircond condensor whether if its damaged... suspect worn bearing or hardened condensor belt....

2nd problem... check ur cooling system first... even if ur valve seal is damaged, ur engine shouldnt overheat so easily... as for the white smoke emitting from exhaust pipe means worn valve seal... replace them by doing top overhaul....

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
Where is the part of the condensor belt? Mind specify the symtoms of damaged condensor? My air cond, funny part is still cool, only when at first a/cond speed, no wind is coming out.

About the overheating, I also dunno why... When moving is ok, when idling too long surely heat up til emit so much smoke. The more it idle, the more smoke it came out lol... And water will finish even faster, sometimes can hear boiling water sound zzzz. One thing strange is, overhaul done not long ago, like only 3-4 years back, still need to do? Last time got the same prob but ok after dunno change what in the engine, now same thing happens. How much the price of a top overhaul?

lilprincess

Mar 24, 2009
try to check your alternator is it spoil not functioning well? it sounds like that alternator is working very hard to supply power to your accessories.... white/blue smoke means burn engine oil.... there is a slight chance your car might have miss the fuel injecting... when that happens.... u try to rev the engine a bit see if the smoke is still there.... :) :)

i also not sure... :) :) hopefully my guess was right..... and sky said also... maybe your air cond compressor is not functioning well.... bearing jam might cause the engine to work harder.... therefore it will make the alternator to supply insufficient voltage into the whole system.... you might say it would be cover back by battery.... Battery could be weak too.... :) :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last week, before the hustle and bustle of Zerotohundred's own Time-to-Attack, Porsche was at Sepang for their annual Porsche Motorsport Week. Held as a token of appreciation from Sime Darby Auto Performance (SDAP), this event showed enormous participation from Porsche enthusiasts. Thanks to Porsche & SDAP's generosity, Zerotohundred was amongst...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience